What went wrong?

cbr.com/dc-comics-cancels-superwoman-ongoing/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Despite what Sup Forums will tell you, everyone wanted a Super Lois book (regardless of nu52 or pre52). That is what it was literally advertised as. Everyone was expecting DC's version of Jane Foster (which as much as Sup Forums hates, has fans).

Instead the retarded creative team decided to pull a shitty bait and switch and made boring Lana (with a boring costume and powers) the main character of the book.

They had an interesting concept and they crashed and ruined it for a shitty twist.

THIS
H
I
S

People wanted Lois, not Lana.

who is the guy who looks like Holocaust from Age of Apocalypse?

Atomic Skull

The book itself was just really really boring and cringy. Lana is not a good character (or at least, not a good superhero). The villains were terrible. The dialogue was embarrassing.
And overall it just seemed pointless. It's like everyone, even the people working on the book, knew the book was shit and didn't want to be a part of it. It was like a sinking ship, they tried to save it but it was just inevitable.

Well, RIP Lana and John Henry, you had a terrible run
>no more SuperFam book

Frankly it made little sense to keep the book going after Superman Reborn. Lana no longer had a dead Clark nor dead Loia and they had to come up with some bullshit residual charge stuck on the suit explanation to justify her still having powers.

Lana Lang is boring as hell and should stay dead.

/thread

It was a boring, largely uneventful book. The fact that it lasted 18 issues is at least encouraging that DC is willing to give a comic a decent run to try and draw an audience.

That said, it was nice that we managed to get Maxima and Tracy 13 into the mix with the team change. This last issue with Sam Basri for one issue also had better art than the entirety of the run and it was pretty visually pleasing.

I also think K Perkins is the hottest lesbian currently in comics and I'm thrilled she got some extra work at the end of Superwoman and is taking over Batwoman.

The story wan convoluted as hell and made more so with retcons The actual characters and writing wasn't very good too. They should have killed this book a long time ago.

>Traded one lesbian for another lesbian to write a lesbian
Is DC doing this on purpose? Like the good old "Black writer for Black character" gig Priest was talking about?

Perkins does film and television writing and has done largely fill-in work in comics. She's done Supergirl, a story in a Superman/Wonder Woman annual and now Superwoman. She's decently liked by the same circles that Bennett is in so I don't see an issue giving her Batwoman in that situation since it's part of their target audience for the book.

The first issues was the only good issues .

K Perkins needs to take over Supergirl again
Orlando is a bad gay writer

>Loisfags are still fags

Problems started with the bait and switch. I wanted to read about Superlois. The majority of the book is non canon because of Superman Reborn. So it was best to end it

The weakest of the super books so it shouldn't be a surprise. At least it lasted as long as it did.

Agreed. I kept waiting for the reverse plot twist that would bring Lois back, but it never came. That left me feeling pretty bitter about it.

Lois was the sole point of interest for me

When it revealed that it wasn't just a SuperLois book, but had SuperLana, I was thrilled.
Superman Red & Blue, but they're cute girls? Sign me up!
Then they killed Lois and Lana spent most of the book being a bitch.

Atomic Skull's story has been pretty neat though.

They didn't set it in Earth-11.

So are we gonna get a steel book now?

Is she taking over Batwoman or is it just for a fill-in?

I fucking hate the whole lesbian thing in this fucking book.

Fuck off m8

In order for a cape comic to be successful, you need one of the following
a)a popular and recognizable character
b)an interesting premise
c)Good execution

This had none of the above.

Yeah I dropped it pretty quick when I realized it wasn't actually going to be about Lois

Jimenez.

His arc was way too long and way too shit. Perkins made the book at least somewhat enjoyable but the damage by Jimenez was just to much.

I mean, if they don't do that then the SJWs pitch a fit over the book not being written by [whatever minority the main character is]. So they may as well.

Anyone would be better than Orlando.

Honestly this. I read a few issues and never cared about Lana angsting over Lois. But Steel was always a favourite of mine and it always got better when he was on page. Which sucks since he never did anything the whole run except be Lana's support friend. I kept wishing that it would turn into a Steel book with Natasha and Traci tagging along. Would have been interesting to compare his sales with Cyborg.

Pretty much this. I dropped it because it was clear nuLois wasnt coming back, and Lana was BORING as fuck.

Jimenez is always an over-writer when he gets to both write and do art

It was just a VERY badly written comic. Easily THE worst scripting of all of Rebirth.

DC made a last minute change of editorial decision in removing Superbro and NuLois from canon (which ultimately was a good move, just from a clarity standpoint if they were gonna have the Superfamily at all) which basically killed the book entirely.

Orlando's Midnighter was so good, but everything else he does is so bad, how is it possible?

Because his midnighter was thrash as well. It was just elevated by Aco's art. I assume the script to be just midnighter punching bad guys.

Boring

Here's hoping.
Take this cast minus Lana, shift the focus to Steel, and give it a good writer.

>those New Superman numbers

Fuck.

It's going until at least 24 now. It survived way longer than it should

>(which ultimately was a good move, just from a clarity standpoint if they were gonna have the Superfamily at all)
Go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit.
There is no reason on this fucking earth they could not simply have let it be pre-n52 taking over after N52 died.

But they didn't plan that far enough in advance, so it just couldn't happen, it was an editorial clusterfuck, but they couldn't double down on having a convoluted continuity in a line wide relaunch.

Nope, he did great hammy Midnighter speeches.

>oh, actually we always hated this book despite reading it all the time
lol

Also,
>implying Lois needs superpowers to be a superwoman
Bunch of casuals, all of you.

I didn't cared for the swap back then, and i remember enjoying the first issues, but then the writing started to become more and more heavy and the Lex's sister storyline was simply boring as well as the relationship with Steel and his niece
Maybe it got better eventually but i can't tell, i dropped during the time Steel had to build her an armor since she was powerless