youtube.com/watch?v=pbqz839BvHk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlzKXMHKkDg
youtu.be/e60JlM6ZXHc
youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc
youtube.com/watch?v=ibMQ7JR0o2M
youtube.com/watch?v=GBXjuVLANsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a loss cause

Im not a gamer, so i shouldnt be the considered the highest authority. But from what ive seen it just wasnt funny. And the only funny thing ive seen from this comic is actually supposed to be drama which has been coopted to dark comedy

The main character is a clear mary sue self insert and the art was awful

Buckley

I thought the art was pretty good, actually.

*B^Uckley

>shit comic
>shit writing
>shit animation group
>funded by a guy who steals kickstarter money to open a comic shop

People like you are why hacks get away with so much.

> References in place of jokes
> trying to write serious story arcs
> lazy art

Loss and the Annotated Series are the only things of any value to come out of CtrlAltDel

Still it's less embarrassing than Megatokyo

Reee ponies and such.

is that ok?

It got popular.

I'll give Buckley credit, the new comics look a MILLION times better. He's definitely improved.

The writing, however, is another story.

Annotated CAD animated is a treat, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=SvQFnK5FWZY&list=PLCE2D155056B201C7&index=1

God, the animation's so awful, the writing is awful, the voice acting is unbearable. It's a tremendous, entertaining failure.

no

Oh hey you're right. The art is improved.

B^Uckley.

If we're talking the animated series, then add Ryan Sohmer to the shit storm.

It was the semi-wild west days of the internet pre/early Youtube when smaller figures would try their own paywalls because consolidation was less of a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbqz839BvHk

For Buckley? Nothing. It's almost inspirational how much he's accomplished.

Despite having
>no talent
>no originality
>no punchlines
>a shit art style
>allegations of sending nudes to a 10 year old kid
He's managed to make his dreams come true and rise above the majority of webcomics, making him one of the few who can survive doing this shit for the rest of his life.

Not to mention all the bonus traffic he gets from Sup Forums when the daily LOL thread rolls around. It's the perfect setup.

Except BU isnt on the top. He always struck me as one of those attention hungry creators.
Even if he earns money id say being laughing stock for half your readers slowly erodes you into a wreck after few dozen years.

You'd think that, but the man has 1,013 people backing him on Patreon. Whether or not we like his content doesn't mean others don't eat that shit up. He's a terrible human being, but successful and clever at marketing his product. I'd even hazard a guess he's going better than PvP these days, and probably catching up to Baldie and Pignose.

Let's not forget "Loss" practically tripled his site's traffic since 2010 when it became rampant on Sup Forums.

Do you like him?

Depends,thats how alot of flash cartoons are made.
Pre-made assests is great for a weekly comic.

To bad his art and writing is shit.

I think his writing is top-notch.

Ruined by the hospital sign. He didn't even need it.

Remember when Buckley threatened that school kid for making a CAD flash video because it would distract his audience from the official series?

That was too much.

Found it. B^U

I feel like people forget the full context of this image.

Back when Penny Arcade started their big charity drive Buckley got jealous and told everyone to donate to HIS brand new charity instead. He didn't tell anyone what it was for at first but his fans trusted him. He didn't spend any of the money on charity and bought himself a new tablet, this image is him showing off all the amazing work he can do now that he has a new tablet. If his entire comic is premade reused art assets then why would he need a brand new multi thousand dollar top of the line tablet? He could do that crap with a mouse.

Buckley is selfish and scummy

I don't think the man himself has improved, pretty sure he's hired people to help with the art.

It's... efficient. Whether or not it's acceptable depends on how much artistic integrity you expect an independent webcomic creator to have. Personally, I think that when it comes to art you should only criticize the result, and not the the process: if you can make something look good, it doesn't matter how you make it.

>he's hired people to help with the art
He hires them for coloring and maybe inking. He does all the penciling himself.

Terrible art, bad jokes, and of course

| ||
\/ |_

I'm embarrassed to say I kept up with it. 14 year old me was 14.

I'm less embarrassed about keeping up with Megatokyo than CAD.

>Pre-made assests is great for a weekly comic.
He only has to draw one page

>I'm less embarrassed about keeping up with Megatokyo than CAD.
I followed both of those when I was 12-17. I don't blame you. It's not like there were many options back then.

Same, my older brother's friends somehow convinced me it was good. I never kept up with Megatokyo, but after the fact I appreciate it as an artifact.

Are you the alt-hero guy?

1 2
5 50

OK, a lot of that artwork is pretty good but the faces ruin everything.

It's really, really not.
Sure, he spent a lot of damn time on shading with all those damn lines, but at the end of the day it's still chicken scratch of basic shapes and a neutral, sitting body that's cropped and obscured to such a degree he doesn't have to worry about anatomy.

A self obsessed cartoonist, who is very lazy at that, decided to step into animation purely for the selfish pursuit of recognition.

I've not read Megatokyo at all for five years. Would I have more than 10 pages to read?

BU makes like 3.5k - 4k on patreon each month. That ain't bad.

Video games dudes was better
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PlzKXMHKkDg

Yeah. The only way the piece of tape with Hospital on it would work is if there was a full name for the hospital and it was a gag worked into the whole thing. I'm not quite witty enough at this hour to think of anything worthy.

Of course not. But I am jealous I'll never reach that same level of success he has, even if .everything he draws and writes is terrible.

>I'm embarrassed to say I kept up with it. 14 year old me was 14.

VG Cats, Super Effective and electric retard were more my style back in the day. A friend suggested me CAD but I hated it. I remember a friend also ironically suggesting me a webcomic about this furry in a Korn shirt shooting up his school and ended up reading about 100 pages of it even though it was pretty shit but the lore was intriguing and stupidly indepth for a comic about fucking furries. I wish I could remember the name of it.

I think if Buckley and Sohmer ever touched it would create a douche singularity that destroys the galaxy.

Fuck you, I just watched the first two episodes because of you.
>Get it guys? He's a GAMER!

To be fair, his spectrum of humor is based on a selfish, poorly kept, whiny dickhead being in the right or at least being likable.
Considering he wrote it, I'm not shocked that he's a piece of garbage.

Looking back, I'm actually not sure. I mean, Loss and to a lesser degree Strangle were hilarious but other than that, CAD is boring and mediocre. There is way worse stuff out there these days. Andrew Dobson got everything he got (and still gets), but Buckley got a lot of hate, especially from Something Awful, mostly for lack of better targets at the time.

> furry in a Korn shirt shooting up his school
That would be Jack. It didn't get any better.

There is no shame in reading Jack postironically, it's pretty much the TempleOS of webcomics.
It doesn't matter if it's sickfuckedly mental or if it doesn't look great, the levels of consistent world-building are simply unmatched. Not even Homestuck managed to interconnect this many unrelated characters with such finesse.

Anyone here remember Shredded Moose? It's like the creator thought webcomics were some sort of douchebag olympics but backed off when Sup Forums hated his comics, then came back and morally backpedeled to try to become political with gamergate. He didn't find an audience there and that was the final nail in the coffin. Some obsessed stalker supposedly kept the tumblr running while the site was deleted.

It's easy to look back at CAD and see how terrible the comic has been since the very beginning, but people forget just how dire the standards were for webcomics back in the early 2000s. Back in the days when Deviantart was relevant, when resources for artists online were borderline nonexistent, when the majority of vidya fanart was either sprite comics or pencil-drawn wannabe anime sketches, CAD was one of the few things around that had a consistent art style and updated more than once a month. Yeah it was a Penny Arcade ripoff but a lot of people simply didn't care; they could easily read both. Buckley got where he is by being the white spot of shit on top of the dog turd, and there's a lesson to be learned there. You don't have to be the best, you don't even have to be good, you just have to exploit the right market at the right time.

I know the Penny Arcade inspiration is obvious but I've always felt that Powerup Comics was at least partly a parody of Shredded Moose, and that I think justifies its existence.

>fridge is empty because they tried to steal
If he stopped them, why would it still be empty?

I think that might be the joke: he broke all the beer bottles murdering the thieves. Something like that?

I can't believe I didn't see this before. It's so faithful to the source material.

to smart for the average cartoon watcher

Fred was an architect. The problem is he never learned how to draw people.

>. Some obsessed stalker supposedly kept the tumblr running while the site was deleted.
I'm not convinced that wasn't just him samefagging.

You'd figure with all the downtime between strips he'd brush up on his drawing and get better but he actually gets worse. I haven't read it in years but I remember at one point he just stopped removing the initial sketch layer entirely and now every strip has those scratchy pre-drawing lines under it.

More then anything else it was boring, at least something like sonichu had a so bad it’s good feel.

Maybe, but there isn't much to imply that he broke it all.

Buckley being really far in his own ass

reminder that Buckley came up with an antagonist character for Ethan's retail job and completely ripped off her design from one of the first GIS results for "punk girl"

>April 2010
>it's been 7 years since that shitstorm that sparked Loss
>It's been almost 5 years since the strangle video

fuck

Loss was in 2008 dude.

*sparked Loss edits

My bad. Sup Forums didn't care about Fuckley until LOL threads started popping up frequently.

>strangle video

youtu.be/e60JlM6ZXHc

8^U

NOT JADE
ANYONE BUT JADE

It's not chicken scratching. It's non-cleaned lines.

what a faggot

Is it really that hard to come up with a character design, given you're doing a regular person in an established art style? I don't get it.

Last storyline with the original characters involved the Xbox strangling Buckley's wife to death, someone on SA made a video.

youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

1,013 all waiting for his next abortion joke followed by his break down and see if he stabs the same hand or mixes it up and stabs the other hand.

youtube.com/watch?v=ibMQ7JR0o2M

>Next year will be 10th anniversary

I hope we will celebrate it

>dobson crying over dobson
gets me laughing every fucking time

Took me a minute.

>It's been 9 years since Loss came out
What

>tfw i was in the original loss thread
I've been here too long.

>people who were kids when it came out now have own kids

What a dick.

>is selfish and scummy
Nothing wrong with this. What reward go you get for being good? None.

remember that time he made a really hack racist joke and changed it like 3 times in one day?

youtube.com/watch?v=GBXjuVLANsU

The comic as it exists now

>coconut buyer

now thats a name Ive not heard in a long time

It's easy to laugh at loss but it takes true insight to appreciate the drama of Ethan dying

I don't actually know the context, some story line involving time travel I think

I didn't even read the whole thing, and I'm just laughing at the last panel.

And the aftermath