Transformers

If you were a Transformers fan pre Beast Wars, how did you feel once Beast Wars came out? I was introduced to TF during the "G2" era, so I was too young to actually feel any kind of way, I was happy as long as I had Transforming robots of any sort

Also, just because I'm feeling nostalgic here are some 90s commercials
youtube.com/watch?v=Ry8TupFxILU
youtube.com/watch?v=qCuulvgI_WA
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ra2HvaWkAI
youtube.com/watch?v=iNeySZOLk8U
youtube.com/watch?v=oXySknGzjBI
youtube.com/watch?v=ld0De7vfD1g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yuYpXEimEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Decent graphics, dumb names, terrible humor. Aired as I was going to school so I missed it more often than not, didn't really feel a want to try and catch it.

>dumb names
Care to elaborate?

Cheetor, Rhinox, Tarantulas, Waspinator... pretty much everyone for the most part. The rare exceptions like "Inferno" and "Airrazor" were buried under eye-rolling bad names like "Tigatron" and "Dinobot". Felt like you weren't watching Transformers, but Go-Bots.

Meh, the only thing I find dumb about the names is that they were animal themed apparently before ever having animal altmodes, yet IIRC in the show didn't they name themselves after getting the forms? Weird minor continuity fuckery that always confused me but other than that the names don't bother me too much, even if they are admittedly cheesey

Hey, fuck you man. Ratrap's submarine was hilarious.

Reminder that nobody outside the UK has access to the Transformers Animated finale comic

Oh hey, you again. Good luck finding that thing.

See?
Why am I the only one that cares about this? Did all the animated fans die in a mass improbable accident?

That's a thing?

As a kid who preferred animals to vehicles, I welcomed that change open-handed.

What did getaway do.
Whose brains are in those jars.

Goddamnit it'll be hours before it drops in the Win-O and probably hours after that when it gets storytime.

Though, it could be argued that GI offered plenty of both

He dared to stand against Roberts precious pure noble hearted baby, Megatron.

Roberts is a monster.
Getaway is a monster.
You're a monster.

Is that Ultra Magnus with the ridiculous chin? I never actually watched Animated

No, Sentinel Prime.

Christ the new Lost Light was annoying.

Please tell me those aren't robo sperms, IDW is perverted enough

i was a fan from the start. Those tv ads for the first issue of G1, months before I saw any toys or the cartoon. I loved Beast Wars when it came out. I loved the fresh take and the toys. The writers were in regual contact with fans online, back then it was just AOL message boards and usenet (alt.toys.transformers). It was a great experience to have lived thru.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yuYpXEimEA

Animated fans were mostly generic Sup Forums bandwagoners that scream "based!" at everything, they had their fill of the TFA style in Ben 10 Omniverse and are now waiting for the next "based!" thing to be based. Nobody gives a shit about a fan comic done by 3 artists two of which are crappy.

Wanted to get in during G2 (my first real Transformer was G2 Blast Off), but missed the boat. Dove in during Beast Wars and haven't looked back.

Yuck.

The hell does Getaway want with those?

I was a child that used to watch the original serie. If my memory don't fails me, I had good times with BW. Sadly never watched the whole seasons that time.

They're brains. Chewed up brains.

Why would Getaway want/need that? The DJD is dead.

IT'S UNOFFICIAL UNLICENSED FANFICTION

GET OVER IT