Something I never understood about Spider-Man 2 is why this scene felt the need to show us Doc Ock's man-boobs

Something I never understood about Spider-Man 2 is why this scene felt the need to show us Doc Ock's man-boobs

You know, I was gonna sarcastically ask how you expected him to put on a shirt with 4 mechanical arms fused to his sternum.

Then I realized hes wearing a trench coat.

A matter of logistics, I believe. After Otto woke up at the hospital, he escaped basically with his butt naked, flapping in the wind. He had to scavenge for clothes. It is easy to find a trenchcoat with large enough holes in the back for the tentacles, but it is hard to find a shirt with that feature, that wouldnt fall right off you.

Plus, it shows that he's a bit unhinged. Overweight men don't go out in public shirtless unless it's the South or they are somewhat deranged.

>niggas don't remember this

I worshipped those manboobs as a kid

that or he no longer gives a fuck what society thinks about his body.

A true SJW body-positive hero.

Something it took me until better quality releases to realize is Ock was actually wearing two coats, with the brown one underneath usually buttoned up.

That still raises the question of why in this scene and all the toys he's shirtless

Probably was intended to be like that the whole movie, but molina didn't like it, that's what I'd assume.

but he's the villain

Look at how the skin around the waistband looks swallen and inflamed. A small detail, but I love it.

Would you prefer he dressed like this?
Not even trying to be snarky, I legit want to know which you guys prefer.

>unless it's the South or they are somewhat deranged.
So unless they're somewhat deranged, gotcha.

That's what current patriarchic presidantial administration wants you to believe.

What if that wasn't makeup?

>A true SJW body-positive hero.
>but he's the villain
Thats the joke.

Too plain-looking for the film.

i would always detach the arms and throw the heads around like they were ninja stars

His White Suit from the comics where pretty hot.

Well, some people had to literally starve themselves fo their roles. Could be worse.

Bale never seemed really big to me after Batman Begins and his costume certainly did him no favors

If they bought him back maybe, this Doc Ock is on the run constantly and not doing great mentally. More than usual.

wut
Doc Ock with a coat just works well.
But the movie version hadn't settled into a "rule new york city" mentality, he was just trying to finish his project, so a dirty trenchcoat suited him fine.

I've always thought Batman should have a more svelte figure. He's skulking around doing ninja moves, more mass isn't going to make that easier.

I'd just prefer he be less built than Superman.

Why would Superman be jacked? His strength comes from the sun. He'd have to lift loaded freight trains on a daily basis to be as ripped as people usually draw him.

And, while were on topic, why would Green Lantern be jacked? His ring does all the work for him.

That's what I fucking said.

Maybe he works out a lot? Maybe the sun gives him his frame? Maybe it's something to do with him being an alien?

I've got nothing for Green Lantern.

>I've always thought Batman should have a more svelte figure. He's skulking around doing ninja moves, more mass isn't going to make that easier.

I agree.
But the nolan suit wasn't spandex so it never really made him look tough, he just looked a goon in padded armor, so Bale's physique was wasted.

Bulky Batmans suck.

the unhinged thing makes it sound like he's not in full control (which is the case presented in the movie with the tentacles) of his faculties.

the "no longer gives a fuck what society thinks" is a "he fully knows he has manboobs but he's gonna strut around with them in full view anyway".

it's like harley quinn walking around naked (she's crazy) compared to wonder woman stripping down and walking around naked because "f' deceny laws!"

how do they explain the jawline between that batman and this batman?

how many uppercuts to the chin did he took to make it from pointy to flat?

You are very bad at splitting hairs.

Please go live in a dungeon. We don't need you.

The GLC is a military organization with some strict physical fitness guidelines considering Kilowog's usual training regimen. Plus, Hal and John are military men, I think Guy was some manner of cop, and Kyle, Jessica, and Simon probably just got their asses kicked enough as GLs that they keep pretty much in shape.

is "i came up with it first!"/accreditation that important to you?

nigga that's what chin-ups are for