I've completely given up on watching films from the current decade

I've completely given up on watching films from the current decade

Attached: ,kmjhn.jpg (757x900, 332K)

I've completely given up on life

I've given up sugar and it made me feel better.

me too

neato. congrats bro.

:)

Why?

Same but it wasn't a conscious choice, it just happened because there's no longer anything that interests me. I've only watched one film from 2017 and none from 2018.

>one film from 2017
Which one?

Last Jedi. At least it confirmed Star Wars is dead.

I've stop watching anything with a production date after 1967. I honestly believe that 1968 was the year that started some kind of mass demonic activity that has overtaken the collective subconscious and corrupted all works of art made since then. Culture has been in a steady decline since the Lost Generation, but 1968 is where I draw the line. Anything made after that is of the generational spirit of the Boomers, the worse generation since the days of Noah or perhaps Sodom.

Stop watching two hour toy commercial shit then.
If you give a shit about Harry Dean Stanton, go watch Lucky (2017). His last movie, he died before it was released and he's pretty much saying goodbye to all of us through it.
Embrace of the Serpent (2015), didn't think that kind of quality could be made today.

It's true that there's mostly garbage released nowadays but that doesn't mean the good stuff got killed off completely. You just have to look and dig.

I'm a childhood fan of Star Wars so it was something I felt obligated to see. I'll never pay to see a new one now.
I really liked Embrace of the Serpent. I've seen some good stuff from the last few years but admittedly there's fuck all great films from 2008 and on. Looking at the list of releases from 2017 and 2018 very little appeals to me.

>there's fuck all great films from 2008 and on
Buddy if I give you 10 great films from each of those years will you promise to watch them?

Go for it. I'll watch them. I've probably seen many of them though, with the exception of films from 2017 and 2018.

Well then just tell me what you've seen from the lists and I'll find replacements. Give me a few minutes.

bladerunner is good

Attached: 1517256507609.webm (1600x1600, 3M)

k

bump

So after I spent half an hour checking release dates and all that and making sure I didn't forget any great movie there was some posting error and I lost my post. Sorry. Here's at least 2017 films since you said that's what you haven't seen much of.

>Colossal
>Columbus
>The Florida Project
>Good Time
>A Ghost Story
>The Killing Of A Sacred Deer
>The Lost City Of Z
>Okja
>Phantom Thread
>The Square

same, but not because of muh politics, but because they're mostly shit
the best current movies are similar to things I would have watched on direct to video in the 90s

And for what it's worth in 2018 I'd really recommend the following.

>The Death Of Stalin
>Have A Nice Day
>Hostiles
>Throughbreds

Are you going to do from 2008 - 2016 too?

I did but it took me half an hour and the board swallowed my comment for some reason. I'm not typing that out again.

Stalin was not menacing enough (I know it was a comedy). He came across as a cockney oaf who might yell if you step in front of the TV during the game. Didn't seem believable enough to merit the extreme fear surrounding him.

Good list, but there's no 'great' film in there.

I lasted 5 mins of the last jedi then I started watching downsizing and lasted a mere ten minutes.

Cant even remember any good films that don't push agendas .

I barely even watch movies anymore. And when I do they're usually older, like pre-1960.

Stopped watching anything other than silent films.