Of course they went for that pun

HANK NO

You are now leaving Astro City.

Please... Please drive carefully.

No ;-;

Best cape comic on the shelves ImO

Thanks OP.

He was a good dog.

He was more than just a good boy, he was the Best Boy.

>YIFF

Gesundheit

That was some good shit.

And issue 50 coming soon is a sequel to The Nearness of You.

Thanks OP.

thanks for posting op.

honestly though, wouldnt it have made sense for him to stick with the team. i mean with his ability to merge he could have joined with anyone of the team and been even stronger

the feels, we need a hope-corgi and g-dog teamup comic

thanks OP

He didn't want to replace Hank. As a dog owner I know that feel, it took me over 10 years to get another dog after my childhood buddy passed, and even then I did it because I found her abandoned as a puppy (some fucking douchebag put her in a box next to a river).

Damn, my dog's getting old, and this really got to me

Same

Good shit OP. Made me remember my dog.

Shit, and my dog is a corgi. This is painful.

HOT

Good shit, G-dog was a good boy

Busiek still has it.

I expect great things from Batman Creature of the Night.

Thanks for posting this OP.

I'm confused how he's flying away w/o the amulet? Otherwise 10/10 bittersweet storytelling.

I'd love to see this comic get the cable anthology treatment ( provided they went the American Gods/Star Trek: Discovery high production values route and not the Marble TV lets see how cheaply we can do this shit route ).

Seems like he keeps the powers without the amulet, he's just kind of limited and can't fuse with an animal which would make him stronger.

For fuck sake, i am a man who works on construction with the toughest niggas out there but with just a simple page spread you made me cry like a little bitch, man why dogs are such good things in this putrid world

cats are good too, but dogs are just superb

redpill me on astro city, lads

is it as good as morrison hyped it up to be when he discussed it in Supergods? Is the qualtiy consistent?

The quality is consistent and, I don't know how Morrison hyped it up, but it's better than anything that Scottish pill-popper's come up with. Largely because it's not written with the bullshit pseudo-high-minded shit Morrison and Moore love to 'elevate' their stories with, but it's filled with a genuine love for comic books and super heroes. Everywhere you turn, there's a reference to be found. Not a cheap copy like the infinite Justice League clones, but homages that respect the source material and treat everyone as human.

Winged Victory is about the only character that falls flat for me.

Is Astro City usually this good? I love this shit.

Most of it is very good and is like this. There's a middle chunk after the original Image stuff that suffers from being a bit too long (The Dark Age) or something, but the early stuff was very high quality. I've personally been a bit mixed on this newest volume, because it involves a lot of Busiek going back to old stories to continue them.
It is really cool to see how the world expanded over the last 20 years.

Tomorrow I'm going to check if my LCS stocks these two issues and try out a couple others. Is Midtown comics what Sup Forums generally uses if not buying in person or trades on amazon?

I still don't quite like the art of these new issues but this was a really nice story.

It's capeshit at it's peak, a passionate and creative love letter to comic books and superheroes. It's one of the best books on the shelves, period

Also the feels are many of course but lets spread some love to Ghost Ferret who is incredible.

Anyone want one or more single-issue storytimes? I have some time right now, and am open for suggestions

Funny that with The Dark Age Busiek tried to imitate modern, gritty comics and actually succeeded, so the comic became long, boring and convoluted.

Also, Brent Anderson art use to be good, now he lost his touch and is complete shit. I hope he gets replaced one day.

It's lovely but if you believe in the "red pill" you should know that it's an SJW book.

The Nearness of You

Some these are going to need to be resized

This story is why sadness was invented.

This is a short story, should I include the other stuff from the issue?