Kappa Mikey License bought back by creator, creator promises new Kappa Mikey material

Kappa Mikey License bought back by creator, creator promises new Kappa Mikey material

animationmagazine.net/tv/handmade-films-sells-animation-collective-back-to-founder-larry-schwarz/?doing_wp_cron=1508349570.2890470027923583984375

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1yLy1_iacvU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

w'ever

>new Kappa Mikey material
This would have excited me maybe 7 years ago but looking back on it it's not a good show.

>Those comments

Haha, wow.

Why? Unless it's going to have decent references, I'm not going to get back into it with the kind of shotty animation that it had. Even if it was on purpose.

If they're gonna revive this, they better have a quality anime studio working on this.

*shoddy

HEY
HEY
LOOK
OUT IN THE STREETS

Should have saved his money.

If he's the one responsible for all the fart jokes I don't care, if he's the one responsible for all the jokes that were funny then awesome

WHAT?
... Does the guy think there's a market for it? A fan base waiting for more?

The original show was okay. You'd have to bump up animation/writing/everything to really make something great from Kappa Mikey as it was.

Bringing it back just sounds like the guy wasting money. And this is from someone who enjoyed the show.

I hope it looks like this
youtube.com/watch?v=1yLy1_iacvU

Fuck off Bronard, you Sup Forums fucking faggot

t. dab

I am cautiously optimistic about this.

HEY!

Now kiss. All three of you.

LOOK

STREETS

What?

>Animation Collective founder and former CEO Larry Schwarz has re-purchased the studio, its subsidiaries, IP asses and library of several hundred episodes from Handmade Films.

Ah, okay. So the guy who made them (or at least was running the company when they were made) was the one who purchased them. I guess that makes sense, having a bit of pride in the thing that was produced under your name. I mean, I've never watched this and everything I've heard points me away from it, but good for him if that's what he wants.

DON'T YOU SEE THE MAN HE'S KAPPA MIKEY

I always thought the idea of the art style sounded good on paper, but I remembered not actually liking it that much when I watched the show.

They need to do stuff like having old people in black and white.

Good concept that had its legs kicked out from under it because it shifted from PG+ material to Y7. The pilot was able to make a reference to Japan writing WWII out of their history, but such a joke could not fly on Nickelodeon. Hopefully Mr. Schwarz is able to go a bit further beyond the 7-13 year-old demographic without going all the way into 17-21 territory. Being able to lampoon seinen on top of shounen would do it a world of good.

Toonami?

I'd be down for Kappa Mikey airing pre-Toonami block
Especially if it parodies shows running on the block

If they bring it back, they really need to play it up with the artstyle shifts. If Japan looks like DBZ, Sailor Moon, Speedracer and other popular ones, than they should show America as being like Looney Toons, the Simpsons, or Disney. Seriously, I'd love them to play up the difference in styles more.

stuff like Kappa Mikey/Perfect Hair Forever has always interested me as something that could be hilarious. none of them ever quite delivered on the anime parody they were promising. They would need to hire writers who truly love anime to pull this off, and they would need to change from the conventions of anime back then to the conventions of anime now.

Oh boy! This actually seems real cool!

>a vending machine, sweet I'm thirsty...
>Mikey don't...
> what, guano it's just a soda machi...are these Underwear.....
>no, they're used underwear..
>aww, why would they sell that gonard.