Best Comic Writers?

Who are the best comic writers working today? My vote goes to Tom King, I like how cerebral and thematic his comics are

King is shit, Donny Cates will save comics.

Greg Pak

His Action Comics and World War/Planet Hulk were great

Subtle

I have liked pretty much everything from Brandon Seifert.

And I still hold out a candle for the glimmer of hope that more Witch Doctor will be made.

This isn't bait, Tom King has a good hold on conveying headiest themes than the average cape comic. I'm not saying he's a genius or anything but he writes deeper than your average superhero book

*headier

Jason Aaron
only when he's not writing superheroes

I don't think his plots are anything special but I think Seeley is the best as far as dialogue and characters go, an area a lot of writers are weak in. Brubaker, Rucka, Aaron are more well-rounded writers who are also very good. It depends on what you like, I prefer a writer who just writes well over someone with big, imaginative ideas or complex worldbuilding. So Hickman and Morrison are not high on my list even though I respect what they do.

Dan Slott and Mark Waid of course

But The Mighty Thor is good

Jeff Lemire when he is doing more personal stories about families or basically anything non-superhero

Except Animal-Man, that shit was great. It also had the whole family thing going on too.

Doctor Strange wasn't half bad

>that shit was great
If only it wasn't for Snyder getting his stink all over it

THE CAT

THE BAT

what did you think of his nuhulk? I liked it until it got to Femthor

>basically anything non-superhero
>he hasn't read Animal Man
>he hasn't read Black Hammer

Just finished reading King's Batman last night and with the exception of War of Jokes and Riddles, his run has been well worth actually paying for, and the worst part about WoJaR was that readers failed to remember that it was a story taking place in the past.

Honestly I hope King wraps up his Batman run by issue 50 and starts working for Marvel again where readers appreciate him a little

King is a hack.

The Feline. The Flying Blind Creature.

He said he's going for a 100 issue run

>the worst part about WoJaR was that readers failed to remember
No, it was Mikel Janin