I'm 29 years old and read comic books since I started reading

I'm 29 years old and read comic books since I started reading.
But in all those years, I haven't read a single female hero/villain/character that was interesting enough to keep reading. Almost every one seems to be eyecandy and nothing more.
Recommend me some, co/.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Seconds/Full?id=68386#1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gwenpool if you're into that whole 'meta-fiction'/fourth-wall breaking shit. Starts off lighthearted, gets existential and depressing at some point. Side-characters tend to be likeable on a more common basis than the main character.

I Hate Fairyland

Maybe you should try something other that capeshit. Let's just be honest, it's the bottom of the barrel.

Thanks, but I really can't stand her.
I should have mentioned that I really hate Mu'Marvel.

This is a problem exclusive to superhero comics

And discussing them on Sup Forums is the equivalent of scraping the bottom of the barrel and getting little wood splinters in your capeshit sandwich.

I never said I just read capeshit.
I like capeshit, but I read everything that's interesting enough.

Actual interesting female characters is more of a Eurocomic thing, pick up something moody and french

>he only reads capeshit

>Everyone mentioning how non-capeshit has interesting female leads
>Because shit like "Boohoo I'm A Werewolf In A City Of Magical Creatures My Life Is One Big Drama" and "Lumberjanes AKA Lesbian Feminists In A Forest" are real quality

Carol is the best! The best!

>I haven't read a single female hero/villain/character that was interesting enough to keep reading

Thank you, I'll check her out. She never sparked a particular interest in me but I'll give it a try.

This is by the guy who wrote Scott Pilgrim, I thought it was interesting.

>the story of Katie Clay, head chef at a prospering restaurant named Seconds, who obtains the ability to fix her past mistakes by writing them down in a notebook, eating a mushroom, and falling asleep. Abusing the power to make her life perfect, Katie ends up creating more problems for herself.

Have you read any X-Men?

What comics do you like?

Never heard of it before, but I really love Scott Pilgrim, thanks for recommending user.

Andreyko Manhunter
Gotham Central
Brubaker Catwoman
Milligan Supergirl
Love & Rockets
Ginant Days
Courtney Crumrin
Most Terry Moore Series
Bandette
And like 80% of Rucka bibliography.

>tfw got this day one
pride of my admittedly-bare shelf

I think She-Hulk is pretty good.

>Milligan Supergirl
What the fuck? This exists?

Read Perez's Wonder Woman, you casual.

I don't prefer a genre, I read everything from DC to Dark Horse and Scott Pilgrim to We3.

Yes, a lot. But even the female X-Men aren't that good for me. I like Firestar though.

enjoy

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Seconds/Full?id=68386#1

Read manga. Seriously only japanese can write female comic charactes BECAUSE they have a long tradition of female mangaka.

No, i always confuse Peter David and Peter Milligan for some reason.

I just can't get into Wonder Woman, she and her whole mythology is just boring in my eyes.

Thanks user.

Also check out Gen13 and DV8.

Cardcaptor Sakura
Slayers
Berserk
Nana
Rose of Versailles

The answer is all the good female characters are in Japanese comics for some reason. Yeah I know Slayers was light novels first, but most light novels are shit.

Have you read The Nao of Brown, Girl(Milligan/Fegredo) or Madame Xanadu?

This basically, OP either hasn't read much comics or the problem is him

>Berserk
>good female characters
>literal rapebait

Not even Wonder Woman?
75+ years of stuff and none caught your eye enough?

If ya do wanna give her another chance read JLA League of One. Real good stand alone graphic novel that gets a new reader situated with her character.

Birds of Prey (both Dixon and Simone)
Thunderbolts (ignore the #76-81 as well as the Red Hulk and Zub run)

>I don't prefer a genre, I read everything from DC to Dark Horse and Scott Pilgrim to We3.
Can you give some titles?
I'm not sure how we're supposed to help you otherwise.

>Madame Xanadu?
Oh man so good.

>Being raped means you're a bad character.

Man fuck you.

its pretty rare to find *any* character of notable interest in comics, regardless of gender.

Nature of the beast. At DC and Marvel, a writer will generally have a dozen or so issues where the character is "theirs" to mold before moving on to other projects. Any interesting character quirks won't be picked up by the next writer or replaced with their own take, rinse, repeat.

In particular for DC, so many of their characters are old-school perfect heroes that they aren't *allowed* to have interesting quirks. They must be perfect. Everything to everyone. I'd love to love Diana but I have precisely no idea who she is after decades of reading the character.

I know right? Too bad DC really wants to fuck their magic characters up these days...

>Man fuck you.
Existing solely to be raped does.

>Gwenpool
>Not just an eye candy character
Hahahahaha

Passengers of the wind
Valérian and Laureline
Cybersix
Wake

There is lots strong female characters in Franco-Belgian comics.

I've read and tried a lot female characters, like Witchblade, Wonder Woman, Faith or Pandora, but they were all not interesting enough.
I do like a few though, for example Firestar or Ramona Flowers.

Oh and Promethea. Have you read Promethea, OP?

read Morrison's New X-Men. Emma Frost and Jean Grey are the two most important characters.

And for much of the 80s the leader of the X-Men was Storm, with women being half of the team or the majority (Rogue, Psylocke, Dazzler, Rachel, Kitty) and it was the best selling book.

Haven't read League of One yet, but I'll give it a try, thanks.

Casca doesn't exist solely to be raped.
That's like saying Jason Todd exists solely to be killed.

If you're down for goldenage craziness,
Fantomah Mystery Woman of the Jungle
originally by Fletcher Hanks, she's basically a magic bullshit equivalent of cosmic bullshit Stardust.

I think the character might be open domain since she had appearances in Hack/Slash (would also recommend) and a whole new comic that came out a month or so back(was kinda meh).

>Dumb slut creates her own problems and is generally the worst character in the entire comic, why is she the main character holy shit

Fine, she existed to be raped three times then be completely insane because of her rape for the rest of the story.

New Mutants also had a majority of female characters.
Sunspot and Cannonball (and later Doug) the only men, with Dani, Wolfsbane, Karma, Magma, Magik as the women. And the Claremont run is a must read.

>gook wrestling

Have sex

Welcome to everything this man writes.

Haven't yet I check it out, thank you.

I read it, it was good but Jean and Emma aren't for me.

that's scott pilgrim yeah

Cheesecake of Glory where

Ignoring the strength of Golden Age Casca's character because she got raped is like ignoring Red Hood Jason because he got fridge'd.

A lot of garbage on that list.

So he basically wrote Scott Pilgrim a second time and made him a girl.

I can't believe people pay that guy money.

>I read it, it was good but Jean and Emma aren't for me.
>jean's not for me
good man
>emma's not for me
what the fuck?

Op here, I thank you all for your recommendations and I'll definetely check them out.
I'm out for now.

Scott Pilgrim wasn't even very good the first time.

>waaah i just can't get into this comic ive never read before!

Only real issue I found with the list.
Rest are either probably fine or I've read and liked.

read Shade the Changing Girl

> lesbians
We both know the average manlet loves anything involving lesbians.

read Azzarello's Wonder Woman
it's the Wonder Woman of the New 52. The run was great, but it's Wonder Woman for people who don't like Wonder Woman, and fans of classic WW hated it.

Everything Azzarello did was retconned out of existance with Rebirth.

Nobody brought up Lumberjanes cause most on this board knows it's crap.
We have often chatted about how it is crap.
If there wasn't worst stuff like America coming out, we'd STILL be having it be crap one of our main subjects.

Ballad of Halo Jones
Yoko Tsuno
Cardcaptor Sakura
A Bride's Story

>classic WW fans hated it
Maybe a hate was talked about at the end but I don't recall any hate when it was first coming out.
I even remember posts of the clay retcon to half-zeus being an "interesting and almost refreshing change".

Honestly most WW fans know any MAJOR changes will eventually get retconned.

>Cardcaptor Sakura
Did that really hold up? I just assume that since it was just an even more jailbait sailor moon that it would age about as well as any kiddie stuff would.
Then again all I remember was a few of the anime episodes so the original manga could be much darker and adult themed for all I know.

She's still a daughter of Zeus. The fucking Finches ended up retconning stuff (like Diana's motivations for helping the baby and making the amazons immortal) before REEbirth happened

Copperhead.

Empowered would be an obvious one. Although I guess you have to get through the eyecandy and nothing more first volume or two.

The Martha Washington series by Frank Millier

>Thinking strong female character = good female character

I believe OP has an issue with the writing behind the majority of female characters he's encountered, I doubt spectacle will be enough to change that.

Both are Japanese, but Ghost in the Shell and Gunsmith Cats are solid classics.

I think OP is just retarded, but maybe.

>read Azzarello's Wonder Woman

Is this a joke?

It was super meh.

Ms. Tree

What the heck is going on with the midget behind her?
He looks like frank wearing a raggedy Ann wig

Powergirl's 2008 run is your fun.

You are making the incorrect assumption that OP has ever read enough to actually even notice any writing.

It's not really that weird of a complaint honestly, I've met a lot of people who don't really have any favorite female characters.
In fact most people I know with an actual favorite female character only like her because they touch themselves while looking at her, I can't recall any of them being enjoyed for the writing behind the character.

It was the definitive Wonder Woman run that got shat over by all the other writers who just made her back into her generic crossover character self.

>It was the definitive Wonder Woman run

You nu52 babbies are hilarious

Of all the fucking pages you could've posted you chose the one where neo-nazis invaded Themyscira.

The anime dub was butchered. CCS is CLAMP as fuck, whole bunch of gays and domestic problems and shit. Much better than Sailor Moon and aimed far more squarely at girls despite unisex appeal.

Still holding on to your boring outdated favorite runs, hon?

I got your number right here. Look no further, OP.

But watch the cartoon first, it's shorter and better.

Still believing that Azz did something new and interesting, when everything he did had actually been done already except for putting a fucking birthday cake on Hades?

Eye candy characters are generally attractive and have good designs

Glory was fucking great and it's short enough that it's over before it starts getting repetitive.

Also Nanaja is perfection.