Go Go Power Rangers storytime, wherein our heroes fight a high budget monster

Go Go Power Rangers storytime, wherein our heroes fight a high budget monster

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ExxMSzKidM
outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/161-comprehensive-speed-scale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dammit Billy

This is a good page
Thanks OP

>Zords going down that easily
Is this reasonable given the context?

I like how the artist draws Putties.
They can be portrayed as creepy in one page and comedic in another

My memory is rusty, but I can only think of three occasions where they used the zords separately.
In the first battle against Goldar, though they finished it with the Tank Mode I think; in the battle where Dragonzord and Tyrannosaurs teamed up, and in the last battle when they had to swap through every mode.

So yeah, I'd say it's reasonable.

Bump
Thank OP

The individual Dino Zords were never that impressive in combat, they could distract, and get in some quick shots, but they weren't really heavy hitters.

>No explosion
Come on

The Tyrannosaurus is the only MMPR Zord that ever killed a monster without turning into the Megazord.

It's weird how that wasn't one one of the rules Saban designated.
Higgins mentioned in a podcast that when they form the Power Blaster they always have to say the names of the weapons

The panel with the monsters face reflected in the sword is excellent. I wish this was the artist of the main book instead of that fucking guy who traces pictures of the toys for the Zords.

Wait so he doesn't want explosions or what

Stuff like that makes me want more Power Rangers comics, but beyond MMPR. I like MMPR and all, but why is it the only one that gets comics? There are so many other PR teams with interesting stories and scenarios. Time Force, Dino Thunder, SPD, fuck. Hell, with the magic of comics, they could have PR crossovers that never happened in real life. If you HAVE to have MMPR, why not have a comic that crosses over Dino Thunder and MMPR? It would be a funny aspect to see the original PR team see the Dino Thunder's massive collection of dinosaur zords, and seeing Tommy in a different team meeting his old team again, or some time fuckery and Tommy meets Tommy.

The editors said they're limited to Zordon Era but during comic con they hinted that something big is happening for the anniversary.
There's also going to be an art tribute book featuring multiple seasons

>some time fuckery and Tommy meets Tommy
I hate myself a little for wanting this because I don't want to buy into the Tommy Cult, but it would be perfect for an annual or something for all the Tommys including Turbo Red to team up against Lord Drakkon.

>The editors said they're limited to Zordon Era
Which to be honest is fine with me.

They've also said they especially want to do Zeo.

I hope it's something about Dino Thunder. The suits and zords are much nicer, in my opinion. That or Ninja Storm.

Mn, I wouldn't want a Tommy wank fest either, but it would be a neat side thing if they did time fuckery and had a much older Tommy giving his younger self some advice, or showing his younger self how much stronger he'll become. Maybe even a joke about younger Tommy complaining about how many costumes he apparently goes through.

>All the Tommys get mad at Dino Thunder Tommy for cutting the hair

>The MMPR team meets Ninja Storm or Dino Thunder
>They get a bit jealous about the other teams massive collection of Zords

>Then they get mad jelly when he tells them about all the cute high school girls gunning for his dick and also when he pulls out his whip

>Nobody believes he's Tommy at first because he graduated and became a professor in the first place
>Not even his past selves thinks he's Tommy

Tommy Cult ruined the mainline book but since they have 11+ Rangers in the next Show if any of them are returning he's probably gonna be one of them.
And he'll be this guy if they're smart about it.

>Tommy Cult ruined the mainline book
It ruined the show to begin with. The other Rangers might as well not even exist with him around. Him finally getting the boot midway through Turbo was the best thing that season ended up doing.

He look like zedd reform

I hope not, because Ryo Commander is a very entertaining character, even in suit, since he's the teams old man, and some scenes display he's suffering from old man pains even as a ranger. It would be weird to have a young, swole as fuck Tommy Oliver acting like his back is aching or that he threw it out while in suit.

He's a dragon. If anything, they will keep the suit characters, rather than hire an actor, cause half the team are suits, and the other half are normal actors

Image had a Zeo comic for all of two issues before getting cancelled.

Boom's releasing all of the old Marvel/Disney/Image Comics

You could definitely tell it in Season 2, when he became the White Ranger and started fighting the monsters 1v1 while everyone else had trouble fighting putties.

>still rather generic monsters
wish they were more creative

So Jason David Frank says he wants to make Logan, but with Tommy.

But also that he wants Tommy to survive to hang up the spandex.

God I wish the Brachiozord had been half as useful as Titanus.

Two? It didn't even get past ONE issue.

Doesn't help that the footage wasn't made for Zyuranger suits.

Why didn't the ranger ever try to catch Rita's staff as it fell to Earth?

The mainline book got more bizarre ones recently
Crowverload, Goth Sloth, Boarlock, etc

You know how fast that thing is going?

These are leagues better then the fucking awful mainline book monsters.

I was under the impression they rather have actors then suits because Americans are autistic about suspending disbelief that his dragon head can fit in that Sentai Helmet.

She's got it on strings. If they come close, she can just pull it back.

It's a shame PR's garnered this obsession with sixth rangers, and Tommy in general. I mean, even in Sentai, the sixth ranger or extra rangers are usually stronger than the rest of the team, but they rarely steal the spotlight completely, and after they join the enemies start to get stronger, which can force the sixth ranger to start working more closely with the team to compensate.

The Japanese had memes about Doggy Kreuger's snout

And here in America at least we can say "Morphing Grid".

I'm aware

Yeah, it's a shame it was just a giant carrier, but it was still a very imposing thing. Sucks they didn't do Kyoryuger, Bragigas could have been a cool call back to Titanus and Bachiozord

I feel ya. I always hoped it'd be a massive mech suit for the main zord. Like Minotaurus.

I rather they all be human to avoid Power Ranger threads becoming what Sentai threads currently are...

Dude, that thing goes from the moon to Earth in like three seconds and causes earthquakes and upheavals when it lands, touching that thing is probably a very bad idea. Not to mention all that magic bullshit it's got coursing through it, touching it might turn you into a monster.

I mean, Billy could've built a laser/magnetic machine that follows its trajectory and pushes it back or deflects it. Or they build a giant net and have the flying zord catch it, or just zap it.

I would hope not, the suits are great, I don't give a shit about any furry wank.

Dude, the thing is a fucking magic staff moving at OBSCENE SPEEDS. I doubt anything could stop that thing from touching down.

Raptor will probably be replaced with a human actress just so they have two female humans.

Why doesn't Rita just chuck a shit ton of them to impale the Rangers?

Cause it's hard to hit a bunch of tiny, off screen jumping super heroes, plus the staff is probably super hard to make, which is why one is so fucking powerful. Plus thanks to tokusatsu special effects, all that would do is cause a bunch of sparks to shoot off the Rangers

I just think they would want to save money by not hiring more actors than they have to, since by the current point in the series, the cast is 12 characters big, and only five of those characters are in suits, so replacing the suits with more actors means increasing the cast even more.

Thanks for the story time OP. this is actually not that bad

I still want more DC/Marvel crossovers with Power Rangers teams. Time Force and SPD coming to Earth to fuck up the Justice League for all their time and space fuckery. Dino Thunder shit stomping Darksied. Really any other team besides just Mighty

>Time Force
>SPD
>Dino Thunder
Literally who?

On the other hand, MMPR Season 3 had to fake a Ultrazord attack scene by grabbing an old Titanus toy and awkwardly sticking a Ninja/Shogun Megazord toy on top.

Who the fuck cares about JDF?

The red dragonzord did the same thing

That is fantastic

SPD has that super cool dog ranger iirc also first black ranger or something?

First Black RED ranger I mean

Fuck that.

You know who needs a solo story? Zhane.

Nah, that was Turbo.

And the Red Ninjazord.

youtube.com/watch?v=1ExxMSzKidM

It'd be nice if the face actors were martial arts competent.

You won't see any real out-of-costume fights anymore

It's why the series have such a huge focus on weapons now, besides selling more toys, Sentai rarely have straight out fist fights anymore. Even ToQ 6, whose whole schtick was tossing his weapon away, only grappled and never threw a punch, but ran back to get his weapon usually.

We'll get another martial arts Sentai one day.

Dan Mora is a hell of an artist.

Hell of a page.

So Zack is going to hook up with Kimberly before Tommy shows up right? That clearly is what they're building to

Flog=Flail+Flog?

Is it just me or Trini has a thing for Jason in GGPR?

Dude, she's been crushing on him in the past issues.
She's a slut in the Boom Canon
She's thirsting over Jason in GGPR
Her alternate timeline self crushed over Billy in MMPR
She got ZACKED in MMPR:Pink

OBD says it's Mach 37,686
outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/161-comprehensive-speed-scale