I love comic books so much you guys

I love comic books so much you guys.

is that a batman doomsday?
That's pretty cool actually

Then read better comics.

Why are all the edgy Batman joining forces? Shouldn't they be at each other's throats?

Actually, it’s a Superman Batman infected with the Doomsday virus and I just love comic books. Jesus.

Me too OP

Am I the only one who thinks this event is lame and completely uninteresting? I love DC Comics but cannot for the life of me understand why so many people are sucking itss balls dry

Nope, the idea sounded cool, then I saw who was writing it and knew that it was going to be garbage, but hey I'm not one to tell people they are wrong for having a guilty pleasure. METAL is just not for me

If Marvel put out the same event, everyone would be talking about how stupid it is

Then don't buy shitty lazy event comics.

Their common goal is to snuff out the light of the main Multiverse. Because they’re from the Dark Multiverse. Pretty self explanatory.

It’s not a guilty pleasure if you legitimately enjoy something, user. Hold on. Can you only enjoy something if you enjoy it ironically? That’s pretty sad if true.

You mean like Venomverse?

It's a guilty pleasure if you know it's bad, but you enjoy it all the same, for example, I enjoyed the Nu52 run of RHatO, was it a good book I'd recommend to others? Hell no, but I still enjoyed it. Guilty pleasure

Many people have been ripping it for the trash it is. DC shills and (maybe) some legitimate autistically sensitive fans of Snyder seem to deflect with "you just hate fun" at every turn.

>Can you only enjoy something if you enjoy it ironically?
You faggots just need to stop replying to replies you're expecting to get. You've gone from telling him you enjoy something so it isn't guilty (which isn't true) to projecting the idea of something you hate on to him.

It's okay. The pacing is the problem if it actually wanted to embrace silver age tropes 10x more shit would happen an issue

>what is event fatigue

BUT IT'S SO BAD-ASS AND AWESOME XD
EPIC FOR THE WIN!

That’s when too many events saturate the market and their regularity robs any emotion the story would be trying to elicit.

It's selling well tho.

What does that have to do with what he said?

It means that people enjoy the book and it's not just shills. Do sales not reflect that consumers enjoy it?

He probably thinks good books sell well and bad books sell poorly

>It means that people enjoy the book
You'd be surprised by how many people read something out of a misplaced sense of obligation or outright hate.

I'll take this time to remind everyone that Sup Forums does it best. America and Squirrel Girl's #1s had like 3 threads reach 500 replies each.

Buying and shitposting is different tho.

I do too user they fill the void I never knew I had!

You're right. The people who buy issue after issue of a comic they hate are absolutely pathetic. And yet they number in the hundreds of thousands.

Metal #3 sucked ass like it was terrible but the Gotham Resistance tie-in was good and the "Dark Knights" series has been really good for it's art and gimmick concept

I was wondering the same thing. Like I can buy that they'd end up becoming all fucked up and evil because that seemed like the best option they had to succeed in their situations and winning at all costs does seem like a Batman sort of trait to me, but just because you end up crossing the line and becoming an evil Batman shouldn't mean that when some Joker-like entity from another dimension visits and demands you join forces with him you aren't still really wary of him.

Sup Forums still gives shit books more attention than actual good books tho

I've enjoyed the tie ins enough but the main book is pure ass juice.

Yeah, Tie-ins are nice.

Sales =/= Quality

Batman sales no matter what, there is a reason why his comics always dominate DCs top ten, even if the comics are complete trash

Riiiight then how come ASM isn't even hitting top five these days.

People are still boycotting OMD.

I'm not arguing that sales =/= quality but when something is consistently selling the argument that sales=/=quality is weak(er).

How would it relate to Manhattan?

no, it isn't.

Actually from what Ive heard, people who enjoy it fully admit that Snyder still sucks ass at writing. The absurdity of it all kind of helps though

It won't.

I doesn't. Its a batwank arc meant to be ridiculous

they're pretty great

I don't get Etrigan's character, he's supposed to be a devil but when he's bonded with Blood he's not that "evil" but when he's unbonded shit hits the fan.

He's just really fickle is all. And he's done some nasty stuff while still bonded to Blood.

Yeah I know he's done some wicked shit when he's bonded with Blood hence I said "not that evil" but when hes unbonded he goes fucking apeshit. Also is Etrigan supposed to be in the same level as Darkseid? I mean I get he's a high duke of hell but he's kinda lackluster compared to Darkseid or Highfather since Etrigan only has hellfire iirc.

>Also is Etrigan supposed to be in the same level as Darkseid?
I'd assume he is if only because of his heritage. His impish nature just doesn't lend itself to extreme shows of power is all.

I see I see that makes sense. I mean back in Trinity when Etrigan got unbonded he was gonna kill everything on Earth but then I chalked it up to bad writing since the Trinity decided to sacrifice themselves from the getgo instead of fighting Etrigan and the demon army.

Where's the Superman Batman

The Doomsday looking motherfucker, he can also transform to a normal human like Banner.

You guys are crazy, this is the best thing Snyder has done in five years. It's awesome.

And Marvel has awful event fatigue which is why people scrutinize their events so hard. DC events get hype because they actually wait and let hype build around them. The masses are stupid but they hate having shit shoved down their throat.

Can confirm. I hate Snyder as a writer but this event is really interesting and fun if you don't care about continuity. I can see why people don't like it though. I hated it too, at first. But the one-shots have really made up for Snyder's faults in my opinion

>But the one-shots have really made up for Snyder's faults in my opinion
Same but mainly because Snyder isn't the one writing the tie-ins. The League Tie-ins with Flash and Hal&Pals looks pretty lit.

>the board that defended Convergence and Darkseid's War shits on this event constantly because it's a Batman event
These people should try to be more subtle in their obvious bias

What, everyone hated convergence except for tie-ins and people only liked the god one shots for Darkseid wars.

>revisionism

Metal itself is boring, but the tie-ins have been great (besides green lantern Batman)

I liked Darkseid War for the tie-ins with God League, not the story itself.

If marvel released a book as good as metal everyone would be talking about how it was the most fun a marvel event had been in decades.

Convergence was fucking awful, and Darkseid's War? Who the fuck even remembers Darkseid's War? I'd almost think you made up that event name, it meant THAT little.

>it meant that little
>literally ties in Rebirth and we will see its full effects in the future

Some people liked the tie ins but everyone agreed the main book was shit. There was some hype because of Bleediac but that immediately went away in the execution

If you're actually attempting to argue that people liked Convergence, then you're the revisionist.

If Marvel put out this event people would rightly shit on them for using copyrighted
DC characters.

>we will see its full effects in the future
No we won't. Their attention spans aren't big enough for that, Morrison will probably have to make a 'sick reference' to it a decade later and then you will suck his dick again for being so clever.

Metal would've been better as a new series of Elseworlds. Edgeworlds lol

The self-contained origin stories are fine, but the event is just hot garbage that reaches Avatar (the live-action movie) levels of retarded. (Including made-up metals with stupid fucking names.)

With the way Snyder treats Gotham's villains and the city itself, it also feels like he wanted to make a videogame so bad. Parts of Gotham turned into themed 'levels' with minions and end bosses? Fucking please, Snyder. go the fuck back to Sup Forums.

Based on what we know about the Dark Knights so far, they all seem apt to betray one another.
>The Drowned has major trust issues, even for a Batperson
>Red Death still has some of Barry's consciousness inside of him
>Murder Machine has a very loose definition of what qualifies as a threat to his existence
>Dawnbreaker has an itchy trigger finger

Who's the big Hooded fucker in the back?

Barbatos

It's been uneven. The forge and the casting both were a bit dull, and I thought the most recent issue was slow. The first two issues and the dark batman die-ins have been a lot of fun though. Very creative and with a good use of lots of different elements of the dcu.

Gotham Uprisinh was even ok. Totally forgettable, but ok.

I think it entertaining a good distraction. Can't wait to see how everything else goes.

>yfw it's resolved by Superman JL expies from the Radiant Multiverse

>Superman expies
user, this is Snyder we're talking about
Joker League is going to save the day

I find it to be typical Snyder writing, something I got tired off after Court of Owls and Black Mirror, so yea. I'm mostly waiting for Sup Forums to get pissed by the terrible ending because Snyder can't do endings now.

The extra oneshots about the Dark Knights have been alright so far with only 2 being bad.

Who the fuck defended Convergence?