This show is amazing. It is like grown up Goosebumps...

This show is amazing. It is like grown up Goosebumps. First season was good I would give it a 7/10 but the second season holy shit its some best shit I have seen in horror in a long time. Why are we not talking about this ever? If this show was on netflix it would have been as big as stranger shits and its much better.

Attached: show_art_ChannelZero.jpg (1200x1200, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NoEnd_House
reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/593yys/i_found_a_hidden_door_in_my_cellar_and_i_think/?st=jeysmriu&sh=0fa0c419
youtube.com/watch?v=4XjYpDCm3XM
youtube.com/watch?v=HURzsrZjTm8
creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/1999
youtube.com/watch?v=RBE-wxtlpB4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hey there buddy, just wanted to stop by and support you. Don't give up on this thread. It would help if you told everyone what show you're talking about. Stay gold.

Channel Zero

Convince me to watch it in one paragraph and if you have a good case then I swear I will watch it.

I second that. Season 1 was mediocre at most. Why should I watch season 2?

third season was kinda disappointing tho. it even had one of the best source materials and it was just a real mess. rutger was the only redeeming factor for me

just watch it faggot

season 2 creepypasta

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NoEnd_House

S3 was really gross.
What creepy pasta was it based off of?

It should have been episodic, one creepy pasta per episode, not dragging them out for whole season. They should do an SCP show like that.

it's called "i'm a search and rescue officer" or something along those lines. it completely differs from the season 3 story and they only kept the free-standing stairwells as far as i can tell. i thought it was a good read, it has several parts and is inspired by "missing 411" and simillar david paulides stuff

The surreal quality of everything opin season 3 really unnerved me. The subject matter really pushed my buttons, too.

that would just be like all those other anthology shows. The fact its every season makes it more interesting to me. We have night gallery, and tales from crypt

complete opposite
season 1 was pure unfiltered raw lynchian kino. subtle with a few really good scares and lots of unsettling surreal shit.
season 2 was weird disjointed but had its moments. feels kind of like they lost track of what they were doing and decided to make it "lets show you something weird every week" with less emphasis on characters and plot
season 3 is even more of the same. first episode has like 4 completely unrelated "hey look how weird and wacky and supernatural this is" moments. no subtlety whatsoever. almost dropped it when them midget killed the guy right then and there.

season 2 had so much character development and inner struggle with each character layering upon each other I thought it was amazing

man What I would do to have lynch do some horror

Attached: 1502582408628.png (1043x441, 493K)

I agree.
Very good first season IMO, but boring and pointless the second.
I have not watched 3rd yet, but I will.

Ty

His stuff is scary because its not just straight up horror

s2 couldnt even figure out who the main character was and the whole reason the niggers thing was a big white egg was never even remotely explained

Low IQ subhuman detected. 2 has the strongest characters of the series.

what does it even mean "strongest"?

The most fleshed out and complete characters you fucking brainlet faggot. Channel Zero clearly isn't for you, go watch Paranormal Activity you fucking retard.

based af

complete in what sense?

Imagine the same studio produced an SPC series

pretty good, though I kinda wished they stuck to the actual stories the show is based on. No end house (s2) is just better as the creepypasta than what we got.

Before I start the paragraph, skip S1. I thought it was fine, but could’ve been an episode shorter.

So, for S2:
>It is a well-paced 6-episode story that has spooky and unsettling imagery, non obnoxious main characters, and I think a pretty sincere dilemma that the protagonist faces.

That’s all I can say without spoiling bits of the story. But as someone who was familiar with the pasta, I was pleased that it went in a different direction than the one I feared it would

Attached: 2B0B7F41-7F38-4E0E-9275-10EC415E8FE4.png (1334x750, 1.69M)

What happens in the pasta?

Guess you've never seen inland empire

i was just dissatisfied with how little of the source material they incorporated. i was kinda hyped when i learned that they would tackle search and rescue and basically nothing of it made it into the final script. i liked the overall visual style of it, though. and some of the effects were really good

Turns out the guy(s) who did the Hannibal effects were hired for season three.

Attached: RIP in pieces.webm (1280x720, 2.13M)

really? or are you just saying that because of the weird antler man? the gore and violence where really unnerving, and i am kind of a gorehound. very well done.

Season 1 was incredible. One of the best executed horrors in a long time - TV or otherwise - that goes for dread and lasting unease instead of gross out or gimmicky scares. Lots of subtlety and creepiness going on.

Season 2 was hot garbage. It started out with a concept that could have made an interesting season, but instead was just "horror" for teen girls. Something that should have been on The CW or whatever shit teen girls watch. Absolutely nothing scary, dreadful, or creepy. Always nice to see the Zodiac killer, though.

Season 3 had some really nice ideas and it's representation of mental illness was well done. Definitely a big step up from S2, but never quite reaching the heights of S1.

No, it really was them.

thanks user, good info

Seems like everyone has a wildly different opinion on the hierarchy of quality regarding the show’s seasons.

I’ve been following critical reception of it since it started but never actually watched an episode.

episode 7 bro

Did anyone else not get the last season? I just didn't get it at all.

I enjoyed season 1 & 2, there was just something about season 3 that didn't click with me.

Attached: 1326991458308.png (620x700, 41K)

Each season is all around pretty good and your favorite will likely draw more from your preferred style of horror (s1 has a Stephen King vibe, s2 It Follows/John Carpenter, s3 Twin Peaks/Suspiria) rather than any distinct gaps in writing quality.

I think the direction and cinematography have distinctly improved each season however.

>"horror" for teen girls
You're a fucking brainlet, probably a bitter virgin too. Just because the characters are young doesn't mean it's a horror for teen girls.

Dave from Collections is the scariest thing the shows ever done. Ruining your credit score is way more real than spooky midgets, teeth monsters and hungry John Carroll Lynch

S2 was very good, never finished S1, and haven't watched S3 yet.

this is underappreciated kino desu. completely agree if this was a netflix thing people would be cumming over it

Between this and Happy! Syfy has some low key great shows

Still need to watch the last 2 episodes of season 3 but I love what I've seen. Definitely the scariest season of the bunch so far.
Season 1 really impressed me considering I wasn't expecting much from it.
I thought season 2 was even better and is actually a horror tv masterpiece. Visuals and direction were beautiful and the characters were superbly written and developed.
Such a shame the show hasn't gotten the love. It's amazing.

Attached: DSPt9TIU8AAKLJf.jpg (845x1200, 169K)

I'll give it a look

Happy was a 9/10 though, it deserves better than SyFy.

It's still signed on for 1 more season, even if season 4 is the end, 4 tightly written seasons each with a single director and distinct visual style and tone would be quite an accomplishment.

I honestly think the show will be given more seasons. The ratings while low have been pretty consistent and it's the most praised show they've got. I think they will put it on Netflix soon and then see how well it does there before deciding on the future of the show however.

it seems like it would be netflix's bread and butter. Horror, at least 1 season with teen appeal, indie vibes, probably pretty cheap. Surprised they haven't already bought it desu

Nice projection, faggot. Season 2 wasn't "horror" for teen girls because it had young protagonists. It was "horror" for teen girls because about 3 of the 6 episodes utilized "walking away from upset daddy" as the main source of tension. What few interesting ideas they had they squandered with shit main characters with motivations only teen girls would find compelling. They even had the "cute but troubled boy" character that teen girls love so much. This was Twilight garbage and if you like it you have shit taste.

Can't argue with that.

>It was "horror" for teen girls because about 3 of the 6 episodes utilized "walking away from upset daddy" as the main source of tension
Unironically using ">muh X" to simply the story, ebin memes kiddo, Reddit is more your style.

>shit main characters with motivations only teen girls would find compelling.
Basically you're a bitter virgin unable to sympathize with female characters unless they have a meme struggle like mental illness in season 3 because "they're so troubled and fucked up, just like me". You use a lot of buzzwords but are completely unable to explain why main girl's character was "shit".

Not him but she was willing to throw her life away for a monster that looks like her dad and a boy she knew for about two days. Friends and family? Fuck all that shit.

feh. each season is just one long episode. it's for soapie fangirls who like their episodes stretched out over months so they can yammer and gossip over it.

Attached: a00001.jpg (188x224, 5K)

What teenage girl would ever watch this? They want meme horror like Insidious, Sinister, Paranormal Activity, jump scares every five seconds.

I didn't use a single buzzword you fucking idiot. Your retort was to spit out meme nonsense while calling me reddit, repeat your brainless projection, and then make some dumb ass assumptions about my appreciation for S3. You can't argue for your appreciation of S2 or against my criticism of it. That, coupled with your defensive reaction, makes me think that you like S2 precisely because you are a teenage girl. Daddies are scary, and cute boys are so much cuter when they are brooding and need your love, huh? Get fucked.

This guy gets it. If you are going to eschew scares or dread or horror in your "horror" show in exchange for some kind of character drama, maybe don't have your characters be dumb teenage girls that do things for dumb teenage girl reasons.

Are they gonna do a s4? If so, what should it be about?

Best part of S1

Attached: natalie-brown-fx-networks-summer-press-tour-in-beverly-hills-8-9-2016-1.jpg (1280x1978, 334K)

I'm gonna download the first episode. If I don't like it, I'm gonna say mean things to you, OP.

>You can't argue for your appreciation of S2 or against my criticism of it.
Your "criticism" was nothing but buzzwords.

>This guy gets it. If you are going to eschew scares or dread or horror in your "horror" show in exchange for some kind of character drama, maybe don't have your characters be dumb teenage girls that do things for dumb teenage girl reasons.
On the contrary the characters in No End House were refreshingly intelligent. They were genre savvy without being obnoxious Reddit faggots like the ones in Scream 4.

She accepted the fact he was not her father but was clearly some kind of duplicate or manifestation from the house. She had no intentions of sticking around, you're autistic and probably do not understand connection people have to family members. While it couldn't be her father, she wanted to spend some time with him, hoping for some kind of closure. When she found out he was a memory consuming monster she teamed up with everyone else to escape the house. The course of actions are incredibly rational, only an autist wouldn't be able to identify with them.

What else do you have to do?

good to know you're still shilling your stuff here Nick

Who was the meaty meat man though?

The intro of the first episode of season 1 is absolutely amazing

>Friends
She had one, who she specifically told to fuck off

>and family?
Her mom, and it's established that they're not close

Boooooooooooooorrrriiiiiiiiiiing show.

If you like shows that have twice the episodes they should have, give it a go. Basic ideas both taken down a cliche route, and dragged out so long you won't care what happens anyway.

The latest ones with chubby cheeks schizophrenia spooky grill made me cringe so hard I shat myself.

>just bang out the plot, that's all that matters

t. plebeian

>Why keep a show tight and interesting when we can just pad it out with nothing and pretend it's art?

I want to fuck this sexy schizoid! fact!

Attached: holland-roden-teen-wolf-season-3.jpg (2000x3000, 938K)

If this show continues, what other pastas would you like to see adapted?
I'll admit, I got big into creepypastas a couple years ago but I've never heard of "house of No End" or whatever season 2 was. I haven't read the third season story. Candle Cove is one of my favourites.
>inb4 season 4 is jeff the killer

They're already renewed for season 4, they're doing this one reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/593yys/i_found_a_hidden_door_in_my_cellar_and_i_think/?st=jeysmriu&sh=0fa0c419

Did all of you watch a different series than me?

Season 1 is fantastic, 2 and 3 are fucking awful. 2 starts great but turns to complete trash from episode 2 on with every character except the guy looking for his wife being terrible. 3 had potential but it was just all over the fucking place constantly.

best pasta when?

Attached: red_vs_solomon_puzzle_card_by_fbwash-d787v32.jpg (1024x637, 306K)

Hold the fucking phone.....
Is this based of that Creepypasta "The Tale of Robert Elm"?

youtube.com/watch?v=4XjYpDCm3XM

Attached: tale of robbert elm.jpg (3375x4617, 2.55M)

Probably considering there isn't a season 3

They need to adapt 1999 already.
That's one of the scariest pastas. even if it is unfinished.

Attached: CameramanBear.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

If were sharing ideas for sesons. I think this pasta would be perfect for a 5 part seson.

youtube.com/watch?v=HURzsrZjTm8

Attached: the_horror_from_the_vault_by_chimeratamer-dbk5y3h.jpg (1024x1365, 325K)

Link?

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/1999

youtube.com/watch?v=RBE-wxtlpB4

Attached: 1999_mr__bear_by_charcoalman-d7erxf6.jpg (1024x756, 91K)

love this one as a pasta but don't see how they can make it into a serie honestly. That feeling of dread listening to the story seems to work better than some crappy cgi they'll use for the thing from the vault

Season 1 was the most consistent, felt the most spooky and really it set the bar too high. Season 2 was boring IMO. didn't give a fuck about the characters, Season 3 was better, but not as good as 1, The two girls in 3 are just so awful, just everything about them makes them impossible to care about, I feel like a brother and sister as the mains would of made it more enjoyable. just do the fuck away with the david letterman chick

don't respond to idiots who can't read filenames

Pretty sure this has already been stated here but the shittest thing about Channel Zero is that it doesnt really follow the pastas like ever. The first season actually revealed the whole Candle Cove pasta in the first fucking episode and the rest (while still not bad) had fuck all to do with Candle Cove. Essentially it was a filler. They did the same thing with No End House.

Luckily I havent actually read Butcher's Block which is probably why Im finding it better than 1 and 2.

i loved this shit.

>be a reddit cocksucker
>make a giant amalgamation of literally ripping off Sup Forums innawoods stories and stitching them together
>DUDE STAIRS IN THE WOODS LMAO
>landis gives you a tv deal because you ripped off literally fucking everybody

fuck reddit. excited for s3 but its not going to have the "innawoods" goodness at all.

Attached: 1394678148880.jpg (251x242, 14K)

Candel Cove felt pretty fatful and seeing how it's such a short ass story they had to add new shit to make it into a seson.
No End House while good was anooying since it was mostly just based around one part of the pasta.
I was hoping we would see the room that had a forest in it or the room with a little girl who's also is and is not a giant goat demon.
But sadly it's just mostly all about that one part were the guy meets a clone of himself and has to kill it.

Attached: 1483069788766.jpg (700x500, 105K)

>third season was kinda disappointing tho

Being this wrong
The only problem was that ugly, gap toothed bitch

innawoods is overrated as fuck though. Maybe two or three actually good stories, and then hundreds of "dude skinwalker lmao" rip-offs

So boys
When will they try to adapt this?

Attached: aad6ea-scp___secure__contain__protect__by_nightmaredashy-d8xa3ez.png.jpg (1191x670, 33K)

Happy is fucking garbage
I watched one episode and dropped it

Eh......Much rather a F.E.A.R movie gets made.

I disagree. I think they picked her specifically for how her appearance makes you fixate on her mouth and teeth.

never because it's a legal hellhole to sell

And Creepypastas arn't?

s1 was absolute trash nobody should watch this

still not worth an empty world with a monster eating your memories

No, it probably takes elements from it but it's a different story