Machines replacing humans

The McDonald's nearest me has replaced all but one cash register with these machines.

A new chain grocery store that opened earlier in my neighbourhood this year has 12 self checkout machines, but only 4 checkout lanes with human cashier.

How long before all low-end retail and food service jobs are replaced by machines?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You fucking cuck people have been replaced by machines for a long time and it hasn't ruined the world

Fucking retarded luddite wannabe charlatan economists make me chimp the fuck out

Cant be soon enough

>liberal faggots push for $15/hr minimum wage
>all get replaced by automation

How's that $0/hr working out for you?

Captain Swing comes again, and expect more than a couple of farms to be burned this time

There is no real push for $15/hr where I live.

Good. The revolution can't come soon enough. All machines will burn.

You've got that the wrong way around, meatsack.

Humanity is on the way out.

Certainly with that kind of a face...

Just remember, this is going to encroach more and more on our lives in the next few years...
There's going to come a day soon when most jobs are mechanized.

People that think it will only affect the lower class are in for a surprise soon.

shits decent you can build ya own burger and have them bring it out to you almost like a restaurant

The problem is that we are importing too much labor from third-second world hellholes.

these machines are fucking terrible.

>go to use one
>takes forever to punch the order in
>even longer if you want modifications
>machine doesn't print my receipt
>go to cashier
>hes busy as fuck putting orders together because they have less staff now
>wait a few minutes until hes free to talk
>tell him the machine didnt print my receipt
>hes like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>tell him what I ordered
>hes like ok ill just give you that when its ready
>this happens to someone else 5 minutes later
>same thing, uhhhhhhhhh ok
>imagine this during a lunch rush

I'm never eating at Mcdonalds again, some things in life just don't need to be optimized.

we should be bringing in people with skills and trades and shit but we still keep bringing in the scum of the earth and the only jobs they can do are flip burgers

No shit

>demand $15 min wage
>get replaced by a kiosk

Fuck you, you robotic shitfuck. Destroy all machines.

I know. Doesn't it make you giddy to think about?

A non chain fast food joint near me did this 10 years ago already, nobody works the front.

Its worked flawlessly.

>Mfw Hillary wants to raise minimum wage

>no shit
I know the world is round the sky is blue but so many people have a problem grasping this.

People have been saying that for centuries you stupid faggot. Automating shitty labor enables the workforce to concentrate their efforts on more efficient production.

All you dumb bitches that whine and scream about automation haven't taken a single fucking history or economics class in your life

it's inveitable.
good or bad we can't stop the march of technology

we will get to the point that all labor is able to be done by robots and where robots are a better financial investment than paying employees

if we can start reducing the human population this could be a good thing not a bad thing

From what I know McDonalds are not replacing people with these machines, the machines just helps out so orders goes much smoother/faster so the cashiers only need to think about bringing the food when its ready.

Yeah, but take in account early industrial revolution, the shift was so strong that poor faggots embraced communism which lasted for more than a century.

poof goes the revenue

Best learn programming now before the ai takes over boys

already happening on massive scale. you mean completely? 10 years

Are you the retard that started the "what if lotr is history" thread?

those were paid shill to give large corporations an out for firing their workers to replace them with robots.

Imagine the fallout if companies just fired all their employees for no good reason to save a few bucks? All the big corps pushed for $15 an hour.

>AIDS nigger uses the touch screen
>you touch the screen
>you touch your food
Fucking gross.

Technological unemployment's a bitch. We need to socialize the machines.

Can't wait till all the Hillary supporters are replaced by machines.

lol

soon the chains replace burger flipper with robots. after that it will even be forbidden for humans to flip burgers for sanity reasons.

robot cleaner, robot exterminator, robot cashier, robot security, robot mechantic

plus, it isn't against the law to let robots work 24/7
plus plus, they don't want wage

Automation now is a great deal different than it was 100 years ago. You sound scared.

Entire offices have been replaced by an algorithm.

Machines are superior. You can't stop evolution.

Our purpose on earth is to create beings that transcend humanity.

>forbidden for humans to flip burgers for sanity reasons.
I wish it was like this right now. I do not trust minimum wage employs to be clean

in my city in Quebec, 12 MCD, all converted to automations. Those work with web based touch, I can't figure base code but easy to crash.

Hopefuly soon, having to deal with retailers triggers my autism.

Next step is Skynet

Just. God damn it Sweden. Every single time. It's like you buy the globalist propaganda in bulk to save sheckels or something

This is now a "Basic Income" Thread.

I feel gay saying this, but I have to force myself not to get Panara on my phone for pick-up. Easily the best thing to happen to a busy man at lunch time.

Automate everything. Kill poor people!

wut? why? no? And why the fuck are you chimping out? I am right, and most people disagree. So I made a comment.

No job is safe from automation.

When the robots become intelligent enough they will destroy us all. And I full support that.

good

Robots cannot maintain or develop new robots.

This is going to be a rough transition. 60% unemployment and huge problems until basic income can be solidified. After that though, things will be easy at least for a while. The main fear after that is everyone becomes even more coddled and weak and we get invaded by a foreign power. Hopefully our technology will be good enough to defend us. The only jobs that will remain are artisans, engineers, and artists (graphic designers, writers, painters).

Fast food cashiers are only the first step obviously. Soon it will be truck drivers, then fast food cooks. Typists and call center employees will go as speech recognition improves. Any manufacturing that hasn't been outsourced will be automated. I think even lawyers will be replaced in a few decades, there is already free online legal council for tickets I believe.

The elephant in the room here is robot soldiers. Will there be a hundred thousand strong robot army ruthlessly murdering human soldiers that don't stand a chance? Will we have real steel x 1000000 as superpowers collide?

And which do you prefer to use? Let's be honest here you autist, it's the machine.

As if todays technology has any historical precedent.

If that's all your classes had to offer...

I can't wait until jobs like "pizza delivery" and "waiter" are replaced by robots.

Everyone but the top 0.00001% of elites will kill the rest of the population once robots replace us. You will be included.

Bring a stylus or hand sanitizer

If we haven't integrated into the robot population by the time we reach that point we deserve destruction.

Replacement is good, improvement is better.

This is a good thing. If machines can replace menial labor, food production and transportation - we can spend our time creating and exploring.

Literally Star Trek.

Will require the end of corporate greed though, but can coexist with capitalism, because people can trade ideas.

>Hillary wins
>Merkel and Theresa May stay in power
>future Orwellian bitchocracy
>even the cops are vibrators
Is your pic our future, Germanon?

I like self checkouts at grocery stores, I generally only have a few items, there's usually only a few live checkouts open, and they're always filled with fat single moms or beaners with two cart fulls of taco making supplies. Why wait 10 minutes when I could just spend 2 minutes, plus I don't have to interact with the employees either?

Brains are just a shitty algorithm.

Everything humans can do ai can do better.

Why wouldn't they be able to do that? At the very minimum maintenance seems easy enough to program. I'm sure we'll eventually get to the point where robots can have "creativity" and design new robots.

iktf

living in west palm beach florida for a few years forced me to stop going for fast food altogether

10/10 times i choose robot over ornery haitian nigger

You talk like that guy

>Chimping out

It's time for you to get off the internet buddy

If you need these types of jobs then this is what you deserve.

Bring on the machines for more profit.

>we should be bringing in people with skills and trades and shit

No, we shouldn't. The stance of there not being enough people with a certain skillset in a country is a complete myth. There are people who will do the work and have the skills, but the powers that be do not want to pay them a wage that reflects their training when they can hire some flip from Manilla who will do it for minimum wage because they have the skills and the jobs don't exist in their nation.

The tech industry, for example, is rife with local talent who can't find work while massive amounts of India shitheads are being brought in for peanuts while the business is using the excuse of 'we can't find local talent.' when they just won't hire local.

So fuck your logic, it is a myth.

>Not always carrying an hydro-alcoholic solution to disinfect your hands.
ISHYGDDT

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

Here's a noob tier video that clearly explains why you are wrong.

Robot soldiers? I literally laughed so hard at how dumb you are.

Foot soldiers are not needed when drone strikes exist.

pls do. im so sick of interacting with the type of ppl that work those jobs.

>I don't like the way you talk

kek, what an absolute faggot.

I think armies will intentionally keep a human middleman for the purpose of accountability, until such day arrives that AGI is achieved. Once the machines are able to be considered accountable for their actions, the transition is complete.

>The only jobs that will remain are artisans, engineers, and artists (graphic designers, writers, painters)
Go look at places like deviant art, now imagine a world where that shit is hailed as great art.

u netherlunds robotic shitfuck u

>You will be included
Thank Kek! Can't happen soon enough.
I'll see ya on the flip side.

These are great if you live near liberals, literally free meals all the time, they never fight back.
Or chilli, mix it with water and spray on screen, then ask friend to film it.

> No white man on the counter?
> A lot of non-whites?
> I`ll be eating somewhere else, thank you.

>ITT: Retard capitalists who think consumption is not as important as production

The guy who works at mcdonalds also buys food, cosumes entertainmetn, buys clothing, rents home, and contribute far more to economy than a robot,whose only consumption would be maintenance, ever could.

Tragedy of capitalism is that owners want to pay the least amount to their workers while wishing thier customers having the highest amount of disposable income.

So now we are building Daleks to handle security. Frankly I can't see what could possibly go wrong with this!

Drones are notoriously bad at not being able to confirm kills, hold down areas during sieges, and other such actions.

Your excuse is just as foolish as saying 'We don't need ground troops when we have jets.'

>Kill poor people!

Btw. You can't eradicate "poor."

With every "poor" gone there is instantly another "poor" that's "poorest."

Just FYI

Nobody likes automated shit

WE HAVE 10 YEARS LEFT

2026 ELITES WILL KILL THE POLULATION OFF TO MAKE WAY FOR ROBOTS

WE WILL ALL DIE IN 2026

ROBOTS WILL KILL ELITES AND INHERIT THE EARTH

NOBODY IS SAGE

NOBODY

NOBODY IS SAFE

NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE YOU WILL PERISH

l.a. fag here

all the fast food places tried this back in 2012-2013, but most people refused, didnt understand (language barrier), or simply couldnt figure out how to use the machines (old people)

the restaurants got rid of the machines

Don't kill poor people, but sure as fuck we shouldn't support them in way shape or form and absolutely kill them if they resort to violence to fix their own fucked up situation (which is mainly self-imposed)

Praise Gnon.

HAHAHAHAHA

OH I JUST BUSY A GUT

Robots just bring complete destruction and that's a good THING.

No need for stupid human food soldiers you stupid boy.

Glad I tattoo. Tho this game is getting saturated with millennials who watch too much inkmasters

this

Once the transhumanist agenda is on the verge of loading consciousness.bat into the robots....

which movie btw, folks?
was the perfect depiction of one of the main aspects of the transhumanist agenda.

I swear that's the Oviedo McDonald's across from UCF in Florida. Used to work there

Wow got me!!

So we have 10 years left to overthrow/kill off the elites?
Neo-Bolshevik revolution when?

This is good. Over half of America is conservative and too retarded to have to deal with.

A few months. Are you ready for the singularity?

The reasons for them being unsuccessful are reasons I would want them to be installed.

Fuck the retarded ass old people who won't adapt and spics and chinks who won't learn English.

i do. and i hate human interaction

*yet

tats are fucking degenerate af-tbqh-senpai
please keep that cancer confined on reddirt, mmkay, thanks