ITT: Superman died in 1992 and remained dead

It's been 25 years since Big Blue left us. There's been people literally born in a world without Superman.
How do you feel about the way DC filled the void? I mean, I like Captain Marvel alright but damn if I don't miss Supes a bit. I kinda feel like he'd be pretty popular these days, especially where Superman-like movies like Bird's Shazam and Snyder's Invincible were fairly successful.

Is it true Johns left DC because they wouldn't let him bring back Superman?

Yeah, it's why his writing at Marvel. He just introduced Peter and MJ's child, and it's pretty good.

Screw you guys, Conner is the BEST Legacy character since Wally West, who needs Clark?

He's fine but when is he going to shut up about his fucking tactile TK?

Bruce trying to go full Dictator and Dick and Damian being the ones to have to take him down was pretty metal.

>even in this universe Johns doesn't write Shazam
Fuck this universe, I'm going to a different one.

That's an Elseworlds story bro. Main canon continuity would never have Batman go full dictator.

All the people pretending they read comics and having Bruce be dark and brooding is lame.

Ever since Superman died, no hero has been safe.
Iron Man dying at the invasion of Kang the Conqueror, and Captain America being shot dead by the Red Skull have really opened the door for smaller characters to take the spotlight.

Who knew Hank Pym would surpass Iron Man in story quality, merchandise, and popularity. Sharon Carter makes a pretty good Captain America too.

I never liked the idea that they just let the JLA use the fortress of solitude as there new HQ. like guys really, that like working in waynes mausoleum

Idk there is this elseworld story with a superboy that is the son of Clark and Lois and it was really good.

I just watched Max Landis' new film adaptation of it
10/10 kino

It would have been nearly the same anyway, since Superman hasn't had any cultural relevance since '92.

Literally who?

You know... with how he actually managed to make Carol Danvers interesting for the first time and outsell Spider-Man and the X-Men, i wasn't surprised when they allowed him to do a 5-year old timeskip in 616.

I thought this move pretty much bankrupt DC?

>There are posters on this board that didn't know Steel was a legacy character to this guy.
I blame the new movies, Batman vs Steel completely revised his origin.

You'd think Jon and Martha having a black son would have raised a few more eyebrows than it did.

You know what pisses me off? That I am death certain that fat cunt of Dan Slott is going to bring him back and make him a villain or some stupid shit like that.

Fucking hell, why couldn't that fat piece of shit go to Marvel. Fucker has been writing Conner for the last 10 damn years.

Whatever happened to Earth-2 Superman and Superboy-Prime? Last I heard they were in that paradise dimension during the crisis. Did that go anywhere in the Steel and Conner stories?

I thought it was weird they named his movie "Man who is Steel". Felt weird.

Who?

Superboy-Prime. You don't remember him and old Superman and Lois during CoIE?

Go to bed Bruce, you're drunk.

G-guys i think i am in the wrong universe. I swear to God that Supes don't die but almost die.

While seeing Bats retire from active duty and focus on running the greatly-expanded JL was cool at first, I kinda wish they brought him back into cape form for more than one or two issues at a time.

>i started reading this as if it actually happened

It's Prime Time.