Transgenders aren't mentally ill

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college, and my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence, you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's essentially it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

Other urls found in this thread:

behaviorismandmentalhealth.com/2011/10/08/homosexuality-the-mental-illness-that-went-away/
wpxi.com/news/walmart-shooter-says-he-shot-co-worker-because-he-was-being-bullied-police-say/463831840
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So if I like baking, I should cut off my cock?

This fucking thread again? You copypasta assholes constantly give me deja vu. Try harder.

No, it means that if you think the other gender better suits you, you are free to identify as transgender.

I ride horses and don't watch football.

How do I castrate myself?

This is the first time I've ever posted this.

They believe gender is a social construct.... and to prove that.... they transition into these social gender stereotypes? Wait what? Their politics is enough to classify them as mentally ill. Idk how most of them are ugly and out of shape, they do so many mental gymnastics.

That's up to you to decide. Some transgender people want to make a full transition into the opposite gender. Others just want to be known as the opposite gender while carrying the genitals of their biological sex.

>before I started college

whadya know

"identify as"

Fuck of this is complete bullshit. If you like to do those things you are a fucking MALE! who likes to do those sought of things. What the fuck happened to trying to get rid of gender roles? Why are we now supposed to accept gender roles as legit because some fucking insane people want to be a qt girl?

behaviorismandmentalhealth.com/2011/10/08/homosexuality-the-mental-illness-that-went-away/

As an expert in transgender studies, in your case if you wear an apron when baking you should cut off your cock

They believe gender is a social construct, yes.

I don't understand what you meant by your second question.

They transition because they feel better as being the opposite gender.

>inb4 newfags fall for this copypasta x69 time

Women are the privileged class therefore weak ass beta faggets think life will be easier for them if they chop their dicks off.
That's why you get more male to female transgenderbenders.

Not really. It's more a case of:

>faggot realizes that no-one really gives a shit about faggotry anymore
>faggot realizes that people don't consider him a special snowflake as a result
>sees all the special treatment and attention women get
>also sees that transgender degeneracy gets the same kind of reaction that homosex used to get
>claims they are a woman trapped in a man's body

They aren't breaking the mold by becoming it.

I don't like either. What am I?

Why the fuck do your favorite activities determine your gender?

>it's perfectly fine to castrate yourself if you don't like to watch footballs on saturday
wew lad

Hear that, Dakota? You're not fucking crazy and disgusting.

Cool. I identify as an old man. How can I get my pension? Beach, here I go.

I identify as a door. If you tell me I'm not you're a bigot. If you tell me to stop standing in doors and opening when people press my chest you're oppressing me.

Suck it.

Age isn't a social construct by definition but gender is. Stop coming up with stupid analogies.

Again, another moron who thinks that definitions are arbitrary.

Refer to:

>A biological attribute isn't a social construct by definition but a biological attribute is.

So basically you're saying transgenders are mentally ill.

Look up the definition of gender before you spew your ignorant and idiotic bullshit.

Sex and gender aren't the same thing, dipshit.

that's pretty fucking dumb
your professor is wrong by liberal AND conservative standards

I seen this fucking thread before too, OP is a lying cunt

But that essentially implies that you can't have a girly man or a tomboy

>not liking football and beer makes you not a man
>this is "progressive" thinking now

Wrong, I said you can choose to identify as transgender if you feel that title matches you best.

Yes they are. Pretending that the two are separate is nothing more than psuedointellectual sophistry.

Stop acting like gender is some ephemeral thing. It isn't. Your gender is printed upon every cell of your body. No matter what surgeries someone gets done, or how many hormones they inject, they will always be XX or XY

> gender: synonym for biological sex

Fuck off with this slide pasta shit

No this is copypasta, nice meme. If I see this copypasta again I will likely filter it. But for now w/e

Trannies are mentally ill. Period. They all need professional mental help so they don't cause harm to themselves or others. Here's a recent story about a crazy tranny shooting up his workplace because of "muh hormones".

wpxi.com/news/walmart-shooter-says-he-shot-co-worker-because-he-was-being-bullied-police-say/463831840

>I am a male
>I will still take hormones, dress like a women, cut my dick off, and call myself a girl
>I will get mad at anyone who does not take part in my facade
>but I am 100% not mentally ill

But gender was made up because people didn't like to think of it as sex. Therefore, I'm going to appropriate age into being a social construct. A person like Madonna is old, meaning she has a lot of life years, but she has a lower age compared with people with the same life years.
Therefore, I am of advanced age and I demand my retirement pension now.

I also am very ill. Note, being ill is different from being sick. I identify as having Alzheimer, so you should answer to all my requests because I'm poor aged individual.

Who wants to see my cute boipussi?

If you completely remove ties to biology and instead define being trans on the basis of social constructs, then it becomes a big joke that doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

>be 11 year old male
>gay, want to be a girl
>begin dressing like girl, wanting nothing more than to be some man's wife one day
>passable as female for years to come
>diagnosed bipolar, panic disorder
>receive treatment
>urge to be female slowly whittled away
>now happily male, still gay
>cultural conservative trump supporter

yeah no it really is an illness. I also met many many trans people back then, they're fucked up.

Your brain thinking something is wrong with your body when there isn't is the very definition of a mental disorder.

I identify as being rich. Being rich is a social construct defined by having a socially determined quantity of money, another social construct, in a bank account, yet another social construct. Because my feelings are important, everyone around me should fund my strong identification with being rich. How much will you donate to me?

You're talking about gender norms you disgusting bigot. NOT ALL WOMXN HAVE TO ENJOY BAKING AND SHOPPING YOU SEXIST MISOGYNIST PIG!!

daily reminder if you are a trannyfaggot you need to kill yourself because the world will be better without you.

yeah

Gender is not a social construct.

Just because you don't watch Sunday night football, doesn't mean you suddenly aren't a man.

Gender is not defined by the majority opinion on what a gender should be. If you don't like to shoot guns or have a beard, or watch football, a doctor is not going to treat you on the fact that you are a female, and why? Because gender is defined by genetics, and not society thinks gender is.

LOL you went out of your weigh to perform a screenshot and didn't even read the definitions?

2 b is exactly what I've been conveying over and over.

Go back to mommy, you dumb baby.

>unironically defending the group with one of, if not the highest attempted suicide rates in the continent

Lel

That depends
If you do it well you become a pastry chef or something
If you do it poorly, you become a woman

*your way

I correct myself

you're *

Ironically being dumb enough not not know transgender people are the most bullied and humiliated people on the planet?

You're a fucktard ;)

>Tried to bake a cake 3 days ago
well lads, time to chop off my cock brb.

Ok back, from now on you should refer to me only as xir, ruler of omicron persei 8.

your *

> My [University] professor

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

OP, i know it's a shitpost but just in case

If i see a person who doesnt actually exist, and i KNOW they dont actually exist, despite seeing them and feeling it in my bones that they do .... Am i suffering from a mental illness? By every medical definition transgenderism is a mental disorder.... it's called BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)

> if you like doing things that dont match a white + black stereotype you're now not a gender

Know why i fucking hate the genderfluid/transgenders/ effiminate gays? Because they bitch endlessly about society making these black and white stereotypes about gender. so instead of just being an individual and accepting that those stereotypes are just those and you DONT have to follow them, they complain about labels make 9003 of their own, pretend that they're being "oppressed" and then say they're being progressive.

HEY MORONS! NOBODY abides by EVERY gender stereotype! NOBODY. So by not abiding by a specific stereotype you're..... gasp.... PERFECTLY FUCKING NORMAL.

you fucking liar

>qt big titted tomboy girl goes to school
>sits in the same class as you, reaches the same conclusion
>time to chop off my tits

>I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college
Stopped there.

Woah Woah wow, calm down tumblr. Just breath or maybe step away from your device and go to your safe space for a few minutes.

Are you saying women aren't allowed to watch football and drink beer?
Sounds misogynistic to me.

Chopping off your genitals because you think they don't belong on you is a mental illness.

Depression is a mental illness. Schizophrenia is a mental illness. Transgenderism is a mental illness.

This ^. In 50 years time they will look back at gender reassignment as being barbaric.

This exact, word for word thread again?

>Unironically thinking that being bullied is enough reason for 41% of 4.6 million Americans who identify as non-binary to attempt suicide

Fuck off faggot

The human brain is, what, 2% of total body weight barring morbid obesity and such?

If 98% of your body is in perfect harmony regarding your role in baby-making and 2% says "but I don't FEEL like that's right". how can it be anything but the 2%'s fault?

Indeed, what would be the difference from calling yourself a trans, Republican, Catholic, whatever?

If it's something they chose to be, they have no right to ask to be respected for that or be accommodated. All they could expect is to be tolerated as any other law-abiding group you can join with an affiliation.

However, when there is a biological factor (that indeed exists, albeit in a insignificant amount of people), then things change since they really have no choice.

Is it a social construct that I can fucking pummel 99% of females?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism
What do you not understand?

>Don't watch sports
Off comes the penis

Meanwhile, further down the page.

>naloxone

Had heroin issues recently user?

THIRD TIME I SAW THIS EXACT SAME THREAD THIS WEEK
SAGE & REPORT THIS SHIT

gender dysphoria is a mental illness
eat shit faggot

>Hear voices in your head
>HOLY SHIT, GO TO THE DOCTORS NOW. YOU'RE MENTALLY ILL

>Think you're a woman when you're actually a man and in some cases, mutilate your bodily organs (i.e cut your dick off|)
>Woah... So brave

STOPPED READING AT "MY PROFESSOR"

MUH PROFESSOR
U
H

>I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college

As someone who is transgender (see my flag) and has been clinically diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder, I can tell you that even I know that we have a mental disorder.

Note that having a mental disorder does not mean that a person's cognitive functions are completely compromised, as the vast majority of the population actually have some kind of mental ilness (depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, caffeine addiction). It just means that a certain part of our brain is malfunctioning and not doing what it is supposed to do.

I know objectively that i am biologically male. I have male chromosomes, sex organs, i had facial hair before laser hair removal, etc etc. This objective knowledge however directly contradicts with another part of my brain that makes me 100% feel
A). I'm not supposed to be a man
B) Extremely uncomfortable with parts of my male body and masculinty
C) A lot more comfortable being feminine
D) That i should have been born a girl

TLDR: It is possible to have a mental ilness like gender dysphoria and be completely aware of it, just like it is possible to be self aware of an addiction.

IF anyone has any questions or just wants to call me a faggot or a leaf go for it.

Daily reminder that transgenders are mentally ill.

>mfw non-binary gender is actually the true, righteous path to enlightenment but gendercucks are so married to their gendernorms they are unable to transcend the limitations of humanity and become a race of more perfect beings without sluts or cucks

You were so close Sup Forums!

KILL yourself

Let me help you

Transgenderism isn't a mental illness = no ICD-10 diagnosis code = can't bill medical insurance companies = trannies btfo

Being an effeminate man doesn't make one a woman, it just means they are effeminate.

Saying you are a woman when you have XY chromosomes, is just false. People shouldn't be denying reality. They shouldn't be freaking out and mutilating their genitals because they like "boy" or "girl" activities.

Transgenderism is the ultimate reinforcement of stereotypes, and is a mental illness. These people are fucked in the head, have fucked priorities with their lives, and should seek professional help. Every time I see these people in public, they are never well adjusted. They are mentally similar to a lost child.

>gendercucks
This is my new favorite buzzword.

>Wow I prefer to do some things that a stereotypical female might do!
>You're free to identify as a girl.

What that fuck is this logic? You do one thing girls can like and that can qualify as being one?! If that's true, then what is gender? Does it have any meaning if you say "oh it means you fit in a category of people who like to do that thing"? If I were to play Yu-Gi-Oh every Saturday, that would tell your something about my gender, and not that I just like the game because I have personal preferences?

Wow that is being really ageist. You should be ashamed.

yep, kill all trannies

>your interests define whether you should mutilate your genitals
this is what libs believe

Not that you aren't on the right track but you do know most trannies dont end up getting the surgery right? Not only is it super expensive but its obviously permamanant not to mention a farce. I know a lot of trannies who dont ever want to get it.

Society says Man must produce Children
I'm a man who doesn't want children

>TLDR I'm a man in a man's body

>permamanant
kill me

Thanks for the info user.

Just a question, perhaps to confirm/deny my own bias/anecdotal evidence.

Is it truth that the nosiest individuals among the "Trans" umbrella are indeed not biological trans? (Or should I say, "failed the test")

I'll be direct, someone told me this and I'm just looking for more input: The movement was kidnapped by people without a real condition but with "unorthodox tendencies". Their fight is not for acceptance of them as individuals but for their lifestyles.

Widespread acceptance of transgenders is the next rung of the ladder of enlightenment in that respect. Sup Forums already accepts gays, it's only a matter of time.

one of these fruity shits told me that since I don't follow Sportsball autismally I need to identify as "nonbinary" because caring about sports is a major tenet of masculinity instead of real things like being goal oriented, having really fucking good spatial mental abilities and etc.

also gender dysphoria is a mental illness and it is the core of what drives trannies into their shitspirals- its just as much of a mental illness as shit like bipolar disorder and etc. there's almost nothing social about this at its most core concept

This is literally a copypasta, i've seen this in like 3 seperate threads over the past 2 weeks.

I need to see a phd fag.

>I know objectively that i am biologically male. I have male chromosomes, sex organs, i had facial hair before laser hair removal, etc etc. This objective knowledge however directly contradicts with another part of my brain that makes me 100% feel
>A). I'm not supposed to be a man
>B) Extremely uncomfortable with parts of my male body and masculinty
>C) A lot more comfortable being feminine
>D) That i should have been born a girl
What this leaf said. Another sufferer of the gender identity disorder here. I distinctly remember wanting to be a girl since I was at least 5 years old, being warm and fuzzy inside at any mention of girls that might apply to my direction, being accepted with girls... I hated to hear the world "boy" applied to me, even though it was true. If it's not mental illness, I don't know what is.