How do you read comics, Sup Forums?

How do you read comics, Sup Forums?
>Buy/pirate
>Online/Physical
>Program/Browser
>Comic Shop/Amazon or Other

I personally pirate everything because I'm a poorfag who lives 3 hours away from the nearest comic shop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I2W3IOQJJ0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Storytimes on Sup Forums mostly

I pirate month to month and when I don't have disposable income, also shit that is poorly collected or prohibitively expensive.
I buy floppies I really think need the preorders when I have steady work, and I buy collected editions with pretty much every monetary gift I get, I have a huge collection at this point, probably have spent upwards of 10k.

I buy older comics.
Most newer comics aren't even worth pirating.
Mostly, I read Sup Forums storytimes to find new stuff.
I do buy indy comics to help out talented creators, with creator owned properties.

I read scans online as soon as I can. I buy floppies for books I want to support. I buy trades for runs I love.

Pirate everything but still buy physical copies of things I like if only to support them.

Buy or read online according to my expectations. If i like it i also buy a physical copy

This. I only buy the ones I really like.

This. Which means I mainly read stuff like America and Squirrel Girl.

I do it like this:
>visit book store
>visit comic shop next door if not available or too expensive
>order on amazon if still unavailable and/or expensive
>pirate if none of this is possible or the material is simply unobtainable

Pirate most things. Occasionally buy trades. Never buy floppies anymore.

I’m part of a ripping group, so I read everything on Wed. Stuff I really like, I’m buying and ripping for people. Stuff I really love, I buy the trades.

Left to right, unless they're the japanese ones.

Pirate, almost entirely. Until Western comics drop prices (somewhat likely) or quality massively increases across the board (nearly impossible), you will be getting ripped off 99.99% of the time with each and every purchase, including the things you enjoy.

I refuse to be guilt-tripped into buying expensive shit. I genuinely enjoy floppies and enjoy the physical aspect of comic books much more than digital comics; nonetheless, convenience and price makes it pants-on-head retarded to ever willingly buy a comic. Even trades are generally bad, if only because tankobons are better priced (and you could buy a real book, or get a month or two of Netflix/Hulu, or get a tasty burger, etc. for the same damn price, if not cheaper).

I buy them digitally, I ran out of space for new physical ones yonks ago (though I do still collect oldies).

Sup Forums story times are often where I check out a few titles as a try before I buy.

pirate dc and marvel because fuck them
have a sub to heavy metal

I buy comics weekly from my LCS. I'm friends with two of the people who work there and I usually spend twenty or thirty dollars on anything that catches my eye. I read things online when I want to give them a try, and if I really like them I buy them when I can. For example, I picked up the reprint of Jack Kirby's run on The Demon this week, and it reads so much better on paper and ink than the grainy scans available on the internet.

I'm sub for Ghostbusters and over the garden wall. Was also subbed to jem and mrs marvel but i just cancled them. Honesty though i haven't read any of my comics in a while, i keep buying them but i never read them. Maybe I will this weekend.

Pirate current Marvel and DC. Wait for trades of things like Detective Comics or Flash. Buy collected older runs of characters I really like and generally praised runs.

I go to my LCS with my girlfriend who flirts with the clerk. While she's doing that I stick everything I want in my coat

Piracy until the trades come out.

I pirate online to try it out, if I like it I will buy it online, if I reall, really like it I'll buy it physical.

I'll go to a comic shop or Amazon, it doesn't matter.

Pirate basically everything, and if I really enjoy it splurge on the hardcover or omnibus.

For books with a well-cemented reputation I'll occasionally blindly buy the nice version, which I've done with The Incal and Planetary among others. I've also picked up some TPBs for titles that I feel like really need the love, and are in a sales position that makes a hardcover unlikely.

Theres quite a few comics in a slideshow format on youtube

I buy a lot, mostly Indie stuff but DC as well and because I like to keep up with the universe pirating is pretty much essential

pirate month to month, then buy trades of ones I enjoyed at local comic book shop

Is that a joke?

I too like to laugh at this crap with you fuckers

I've got a small pull list at my LCS for books I want to support. (If it wasn't for trying to help stop books from being cancelled I wouldn't buy floppies, it's an awful format and we all know it.)

For long runs I want to read but don't necessarily want to buy, it's pirate bay.

For new books I want to test out, I like Storytimes.

For trades, I use Chapters (Canadian equivalent of Amazon).

For anything that isn't collected properly or at all, I put together runs using the website MyComicShop -- I know some people have problems with it, but I find it the easiest way to shop for back issues.

tl;dr - I'm a voracious pirate, but comics are my biggest entertainment expense so I want to be sure I'm buying the good stuff.

Read issues online, buy trades of what I really like.

I have a small pull list. Around 40 euros per month. I pirate everything else. If I like something enough, I buy the trade/omnibus.

i read 'em online on a website that posts them for free. it doesnt have a big community so it never got taken down or noticed. been reading comics there for 5 years now new issues come on it after a day of release real good shit

youtube.com/watch?v=I2W3IOQJJ0w
youtube of course

Pirate first, then buy hardcovers or omnis of stuff I liked, and floppies if I'm really digging something recent.

I buy quite a few of my books to help keep my LCS afloat and I like the physical object, but I probably read far more on Sup Forums storytimes or if I pirate the books

Buy physical
Pirate online
Comicshops

Now I like to imagine someone pirating them physically from Amazon somehow.

/shelf/ fag here, I we t 100% digital for a while, nut now I buy physical copies everything, I prefer omnis for their oversized artwork. Reading digital is like watching a movie on VHS for me. But old comics are my jam.

Buying physical. Currently buying all the main DC Comics ongoings since Rebirth.

Pirate floppies
Buy digital floppies if I like what I pirated
Buy digital trades if I like the arc
Buy physical trades if I really liked the arc

You, my friend are a good person

I buy what I like and pirate what I can't currently buy until I get enough money to buy the trade. I really like buying floppies even though trade waiting makes more sense.

Buy
Physical
Sometimes on Amazon but mostly on Comic Shops

These days I'm mostly reading the Star Wars stuff. I pirate the comics as they're released, then I buy the Trades when they come out.

Read single issues here and in online sites, if I like the series a lot I buy the TPB later at my LCS.

All of the above, OP.

I have a pull list that I pick up weekly or every other week from an LCS. I also buy trades from them or IST.

I pirate some stuff to have digital copies, or if it's otherwise difficult to obtain, or if I'm not sure I want to commit to buying, etc. Also, storytimes are the best way to read most new Big 2 issues, imo.

I should also add that they are all floppies. Best way to support them.

Weekly issues, I read them on Sup Forums and whatever I can't find I just download/pirate.

I purchase HC from Amazon otherwise.

I borrow them from library and make xerox copies. It's cheap and I prefer black and white art over colours anyway.

this the only time i read comics outside Sup Forums is if op dosen't finish story time and i have to look it up on a free online website

scans & storytimes and if i like the book i buy it otherwise i wait for trades

I own too many possessions and feel guilty downloading comics, unless they are really hard to find.

What is the best website for buying digital copies online?

Has the new America story time come out yet
I need my keks

pirate
mcomix
not telling