THOR: RAGNAROK Spoilers

The past. Hela (Cate Blanchett) attempts to usurp the throne of Asgard and conquer the Nine Realms, but is defeated by the Valkyries and exiled by her father, Odin (Anthony Hopkins). All but one of the Valkyries die in battle.

The present. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) is captured by Surtur, who is planning to unleash Ragnarok, while investigating the resurgence of the Infinity Stones. He manages to escape and behead Surtur, who is weakened due to Odin stealing the source of his powers, the Eternal Flame.

Thor returns to Asgard ts o talk to Odin and learns that Heimdall (Idris Elba) is in exile in the Asgardian wilderness and been replaced by the warrior Skurge (Karl Urban) as Asgard's bridgekeeper.

Thor finds out that Loki (Tom Hiddleston) has usurped the throne and that in Odin's absence Hela is regaining her strength. They go to Earth, where Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) helps them find Odin, who has been living as a vagrant. Hela ambushes them, destroys Mjolnir, kills Odin and strands Thor and Loki on planet Sakaar. She then forces Skurge to help her invade Asgard and slaughters its army, including the Warriors Three Volstagg (Ray Stevenson), Fandral (Zachary Levi) and Hogun (Tadanobu Asano).

In Sakaar, Thor is captured by the renegade Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), who abandoned Asgard after her sisters were slaughtered by Hela. She's working as a bounty hunter for The Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum), who runs the planet's gladiator arena. Thor is captured and befriends another gladiator, Korg (Taika Waititi), who led a failed revolt against the Grandmaster in the past. Thor is later forced to fight the champion of the arena, the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), who ended up in Sakaar after the battle against Ultron, when his Quinjet went through one of the numerous wormholes leading to Sakaar. During the battle, Thor manages to harness lightning without the hammer. Loki is captured by Valkyrie while trying to rescue Thor.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/reviews/thor-ragnarok-review-cate-blanchett-1202594143/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thor finds out Hulk hasn't changed back into Bruce Baner for two years due to Sakaar's dangerous environment, and plays old videos of Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) from the Quinjet's archives to bring him back. Thor and Banner then recruit Loki and Valkyrie to help them stop Hela, in the process assisting Korg in rebelling against the Grandmaster.

Returning to Asgard, the group reunites with Heimdall, who leads the surviving Asgardians to an ancient temple and reveals that due to Odin's death, Hela, being his firstborn, is now powered by Asgard itself.

Thor and his team confront Hela. Skurge regrets helping Hela and sacrifices himself to destroy her army of the undead, while Hulk defeats the wolf Fenrir and throws him into Space.

Odin appears to Thor from Valhala and tells him that Mjolnir was only a conduit for Thor's true power. Thor gains control over the lightning, but is still unable to defeat Hela. He deduces that only Surtur will be able to, as his purpose is to unleash Ragnarok. Loki retrieves Surtur's head and they use the Eternal Flame to revive him. Surtur destroys Hela along with what's left of Asgard and returns to his realm.

Meanwhile, Korg and his warbound arrive to evacuate the Asgardians. With Asgard destroyed, Thor, Hulk, Loki, Valkyrie, Heimdall, Korg, the Warbound and the surviving Asgardians depart in search of a new home on Earth.

Mid-Credits Scene.

The Grandmaster plays the piano among the ruins of Sakaar.

Post-Credits Scene.

The Asgardians' ship encounters Thanos' (Josh Brolin) Sanctuary warship in Space.

Random spoilers.

Thor is aware that Hela and him are siblings, and loses an eye in battle against her.

Loki truly wants to save Asgard and is ashamed that his actions have indirectly led to Odin's death. He's terrified of the Hulk due to their past encounter and wonders if it's wise for him to accompany the Asgardians to Earth after all the destruction that he caused in New York.

Odin was once a vicious conqueror and Hela was his enforcer. They built Asgard by pillaging other relams, but Hela's appetite for destruction grew too great even for Odin, and he was so ashamed of her crimes that he kept Asgard's origin a secret and vowed to uphold peace from then on.

Thor briefly addresses his breakup with Jane Foster and Banner is clearly still in love with Black Widow.

Lady Sif doesn't appear and he absence is not addressed.

Hulk doesn't actually fight Surtur. He jumps at him, unaware of Thor's plan, gets swatted aside and then told not to interfere as Surtur is there to help them.

Hela disappears after being punched into the ground by Surtur, which also splits what's left of Asgard in half. Korg reassures Thor that they can rebuild it together just as the two halves explode into dust.

Thor and Hela's first encounter was indeed changed from an alley in New York City to an open field.

Thor tries to perform Black Widow's lullaby on the Hulk and gets ragdolled just like Loki in "The Avengers".

Any cameos in Sakaar?

>loses an eye in a battle against her

Does he grow it back? He has both his eyes in the infinity war trailer

>Warriors Three dead
God I hate these shitty movies.

Disney should give Marvel to Fox. It would be the morally right thing to do.

I want this scene in infinity war

>Warriors Three get slaughtered.
ISN'T THIS MOVIE HILARIOUS?!!!!!

Going to see this on Tuesday, looking forward to it

>Let's take some surface elements of Planet Hulk but change it to fit our own universe, while removing all interesting beats of Jesus-Spartacus Hulk and his band of merry gladiators as well Caiera

I'm with you buddy.

LOL!!!

>NO MORE ASGARD

So relying on the same cheap "BLOW EVERYTHING UP OOPS WE HAVE MORE MOVIES TO MAKE" gimmick Marvel keeps doing it.

>No more SHIELD!!!

>Oh shit wait we have a show and more movies and contracts to fufill...

>NO MORE AVENGERS!!!!

>Oh wait we've got like 3 movies planned out with them here, we have to try something

>NO MORE ASGARD!!!!

>Oh wait...

I hate the MCU now so much. It's so cheap, casual-pandering and shallow. It's Marvel In Name Only at this point with tons of shitty, self-destroying creative decisions.

So no Bill?

I wish Thanos would just kill Thor already. I'm sick of him.

Replace him with Hercules.

No. Bill will never show up in the MCU. Because fuck you.

>No Sif
Jamie Alexander literally on suicide watch.
>Warriors three get killed off
I wonder whether Asano Tadanobu is pissed how he gets to do nothing in these movies or if he's enjoying a fat paycheck for work with literally no real effort ever required

>>Let's take some surface elements of Planet Hulk but change it to fit our own universe,

It's literally what they do for every movie now. They take the most visually appealing thing casuals kind of know about and then just build a story essentially around a page of panel taken out of context from that.

I understand the reasons we aren't getting a Planet Hulk movie which are bullshit in themselves (Disney/Marvel could work around universal like they did for Incredible Hulk) but I'd rather no Planet Hulk than toned-down-changed-to-fit-some-other-story-Planet Hulk, which too much LULZ comedy smeared all over it.

And all the subsequent promo material.
This is like the third time these "spoilers" have been posted. I don't believe half of it. Mainly because they neglect to include something I KNOW to be true about the film. The film opens with a retelling of the events of Thor as an Asgardian stage play and Matt Damon plays Loki in it.

If anyone in the main three of phase 1 is getting a fourth movie, it's Thor no doubt. Hemsworth is much cheaper and holds less clout than RDJ, has no anxiety issues and has an easier time getting in shape for his role than Evans, and his endeavors outside the MCU haven't been that successful.

Hela DIES?
I thought she was Death

She am become death

> Lady Sif doesn't appear and he absence is not addressed.

The last user said she died in battle. Which is it. They need to kill off Sif already.

>>No Sif
>Jamie Alexander literally on suicide watch.
Hmmm, you know, this could mean the door is open for her return...

That or she didn't want to show up for a film just to die.

And if this film ends up being more of a success than the last 2 then we defo will with something close to this tome

>It's literally what they do for every movie now
>now

Name 1 theatrically-released movie based on a comic book ongoing (ie, guys like Batman and Spider-Man, but not Watchmen) that was actually an adaptation of a story from the comics, and not a new story with 1 or 2 comic elements

So the way they "fixed" Thor was turning Thor into Michael Scott?

Will this film blow as much as Justice League is going to? I'm thinking yes.

Marvel comics are currently being controlled by people with no love for comics, or tales of heroism.

Meanwhile, Marvel movies are currently being controlled by people with no love for comics, or tales of heroism. The former is only concerned with politics. The latter is only concerned with comedy (and politics).

This is the world outside your window.

There's an Easter Egg with him, Man-Thing, Bi-Beast and what looks like Fing Fang Foom.

It's the tower with past Sakaar Champions but Taika said it was just that and that they had no plans to use those characters for the time being.

>Warriors Three killed off
>Asgard ended, bad end all over
>no more Mjolnir
Eh, and here I was kinda hyped. If it's true I probably won't want to give them money.

>no infinity stone mcguffin

So no Soul Gem until Infinity War?

>being firstborn she is now powered by asgard

uhh what da fuck

and who is grandmaster

hela was never thors brother

no fucking odin force fuck dis

having to have surtur beat the villian fuck dis

Black Panther has it stupid

Fuck Valkyrie

They just forcefully shoved that bitch into the movie

It's all legit, bud. New reviews confirmed it.

>"Thor battles his sister and Marvel franchise fatigue alike as director Taika Waititi injects a welcome dose of self-parody in “Thor: Ragnarok.”

variety.com/2017/film/reviews/thor-ragnarok-review-cate-blanchett-1202594143/