Reading The New Avengers

>reading The New Avengers
>Sentry rips Carnage in half with no effort at the very beginning
>hyped as fuck to see this guy in action
>turns out he's the most powerful hero, literally cosmic tier, but barely does anything ever again

How could Marvel fuck this up and waste such a potential. Will Sentry ever come back?

>How could Marvel fuck this up and waste such a potential. Will Sentry ever come back?

One could think, that someone could get tired of saying this, but it just fits every damn time:

Bendis fucked it up. Remender brought him back, even stronger then before, but hes gone for good now, jsut to come back for a crappy Event in 202X

>Sentry will ever come back
No! My Sentry is too pure for Marvel and Bendis destroy him again. Better "dead" than destroyed. Every good Marvel character need to die maybe one day i'll buy they all.

>Bitches out heralds of Galactus
>Stalemates Hulk
>Destroys Asgard
>Kills Ares
>Fucks Rogue
>Horseman of Death

Fuck him, let him rot

Also, toyed with Thor.

He stopped being good the moment he became power level wank-bait. Does he honestly have any good stories besides his six (not counting the crossovers) issue mini?

I always wanted to know more about Sentry, since him and Worldbreaker Hulk fought to a stalemate, but there seems to be nothing worthile of him around

>Powerlevelfags

Make no mistake: both Bendis and Remender were after the powerlevelfags when they wrote Sentry, and they succeeded.

The original Jenkins miniseries is pretty good.

All Sentry needs is: good stories by good writers. That's it. No more power-wank-offery. Look at classic Spider-man or current Superman, and just do that.

Sentry as a concept make writing stories extremely difficult. He's too powerful and too convoluted, he's a walking retcon who undoes everything he does.

>he's a walking retcon who undoes everything he does
What do you mean?

that's his origin story, hello?

>N-TU-DASUN as an onomatopoeia

I'd fucking hate it if it wasn't Herc who caused it.

yeah, in Marvel universe Jenkins wrote The Sentry comics. Which...well The Sentry warped reality to make him write the comics about him cause everyone forgot him. Sort of...I could be confused cause he's fucking weird.

Basically, poor writing and his incredibly convoluted backstory/personality made it too hard to write him consistently. Nobody could settle on exactly what his backstory was, exactly what the void is, and trying to write him in to a fight convincingly was next-to-impossible because he could easily curb-stomp almost every other character the Marvel Universe had to offer.

He didn't just fuck Rogue man, he took her virginity.

Even his fucking funeral was written to spite readers.

I see comments about not power wanking the Sentry. I disagree.
If anything Sentrys power level made him very appealing. He was an unstable, regular guy, who had the power of a god and he had trouble dealing with it. That's a very, very appealing story.

Sentry has existed for like effective 10-12 years, but there are already so many cool bits and pieces, that you could easily give him an on-going.

His stories could cover up absolutely everything Hyperion stories cover up and then some multiplied by one million.

>All he needs is good stories by good writers
WOW WHAT A GREAT IDEA

Isn't he written by one writer? I wonder if Bendis would allow other writers to write his character...

>he took her virginity.
i thought she was raped way before joining the x-men??

>"Sentry has existed for like effective 10-12 years, but there are already so many cool bits and pieces, that you could easily give him an on-going."

The STATE of Sentryfags.

He sounds like a mary sue

Bendis is actually waiting for Slott to get kicked from Marvel so that he can write Spider-Man and get rid of Peter Parker so that miles becomes the only Spider-Man. I curse Dan slott enough to leave the spidy forever, but to atleast pick a decent writter that isn't bendos.

Do you know what is a mary-sue user?

>dat origin
I...actually never knew this. Fuck. OK, nevermind, I take back everything I said unless Marvel can somehow come up with a way to fix that shit.

He was, kinda. He was a "Mary Sue from Hell".

All of his qualities were told to us, but we never saw that actually happening. Sentry was Rogue's first love? Sentry is the best friend of the Fantastic Four? Sentry is the paragorn that made every Marvel hero more heroic? We NEVER saw any of that, but the writers told us.

What we saw was an unstable, violent, easily manipulated man being edgy. And that was it. No good story was written around it.

Ahhhhhhhh pre-2011 marvel. When OP sentry was their worse offense

That's the whole point of him. He was presented as the strongest ever who was secretly the most important person in the whole universe that mysteriously disappeared and was forgotten. There was even a fake story about him being originally created by Stan Lee but never seeing print. Then it was revealed that he was a mentally unstable reality warper who is literally his own worst enemy. I'm surprised Morrison never showed interest in writing him.

A Mary Sue is a perfect character, that can do no wrong.
Sentry has subconsciously killed millions of people.

Whoever calls Sentry a Mary Sue disqualifies himself from the discussion. Your opionion on the character just doesn't matter.

Sentry is Marvel’s Broly, which is why he’a so interesting, terrible, and unusable at the same time.

>Sentry is Marvel’s Broly
VERY well put.

Their fans might even be the same.

Sentry is one of those things that as an antagonist is best treated less like a character and more like a force of nature.

If he was broly, Marvel would be cashing in on his hype.

They were doing that till Uncanny Avengers.

They tried to, which is why we got a bunch of stories where he was completely and utterly useless as a hero, and an overpowered flying brick when he was a villain. By the end he was basically a demigod who was functionally immortal, and only died because he allowed it to happen.

I always liked the Sentry. What I liked the most about him is how uneasy he made the other characters around him feel. His own wife asked Tony Stark to either kill or depower him, before he kills them all. That's crazy.

With the Sentry you had this Skyfather level being on Earth, doing heroic stuff, but every now and then snapping and threatening the entire world.

The character had a lot of potential, but suffered from Bendis inability to write team books. When Bendis write team books important characters fall very short.

Sentry needed more standalone stories to be explored and developed. I personally think that Bendis would have been able to write such stories, but as I said: As soon as Bendis has to work with multiple characters at once, he fails miserabely.

He made the hulk feel easy.

Just make him a transtrenderqueer transblacklatinx wombyn who don't need no man. There, I fixed xir

That whole series was full beautiful onomatopoeia, including such gems as "krakahumma", "nurp" and "nuh-krak".

2004 new avengers got me into comics sue me I like most of it

Its comfy when its not event tie ins

>Avengers do parties and dinners
>Avengers job to the Hood.
>Avengers control the transit
All the stories of Bendis' Avengers.

Yeah but Hyperion is hotter and grew a beard with Thor and raised zebra babies with him so fuck Sentry

We need a new hurc run

So? There has to be worse avengers runs although I can't defend house of m or disassembled

Never read the next incarnation of new avengers after that it ant good?

Yeah because writing good stories for overpowered characters hasn't been done right? I wonder why DC hasn't shelved Superman

Superman has settings, lore, a strong supporting cast and a well-developed rogue gallery.

Sentry has a cunt wife and the ill-defined Void.

So somehow is imposible to do the same for Sentry? I mean yeah Marvel's to incompetent this days to write something good, but give him a competent writer and good things can come from it, give it to Bendis and of course is going to be shit

It's not impossible, but it is harder.

Superman has a mythology built throughout decades. Sentry was retconned into existence. He has fucking nothing BUT his wife and the Void (a fitting name).

Didn't Sentry come back as zombie sentry and fought the Thor during Fear Itself or something? How did that end? Also I like Sentry but he's too inconsistent, he's supposed to be this force of nature but when he cuts loose like WWH he stalemates with Worldbreaker Hulk even tho Sentry was able to beat Molecule Man n shit.

He is supposed to be a legit representation of God (Amesha Spenta), if you want to accept Mazdayasna's interpretation. The Void would be his Angra Mainyu

REACHING.

Sentry is not a well-thought theological concept. He was just an unstable guy that drunk super-juice.

Keep in mind I've only read the miniseries drawn by JRJR so I'm not that familiar with the Sentry but why couldn't they come up with his own Kryptonite or something? Maybe de-power him a bit. Maybe it could have something to do with the Void?

If Bob wasn't a blonde white male, do you think he would have his own ongoing currently?

Didn't his wife compare Sentry to Jesus or someshit, lmao.

Bendis implied towards the end of Dark Reign that Sentry/Void is, or derives his power from, the Love/Anger of God incarnate.there were flashbacks to the firstborns of Egypt about to be killed by God with the Void's black tendrils stuff coming out of the sky.

If that were true Blue Marvel would have a top-selling solo since he's basically black Sentry.

>Fucks Rogue

Pages? Because that sounds amazing. How the fuck is Rogue a virgin though ? I mean first of all I know they at least tried to retcon it, but . and aside from that she has had periods where he powers didn't work and had plenty of boyfriends (some who weren't affected by her powers). That makes no sense.

>>turns out he's the most powerful hero, literally cosmic tier, but barely does anything ever again
>How could Marvel fuck this up and waste such a potential.

Same thing with Hulk and She-Hulk
they have the greatest potential
they could be the Marvel Saiyans