>Jimmy Neutron nominated over Waking Life
>All of Satoshi Kon's films snubbed
>Shark Tale nominated
>Brave winning
>Lego Movie snubbed
>Big Hero Six winning

What else?

The Oscars itself

user... No Animation Oscar is history deserved it. Not even the other nominations, maybe in the past some of them had some worth, but now is just a bunch of producers giving prizes for themselves.

>caring about a night of celebrity dicksucking

The Wind Rises not winning.

>Inb4 killions

>I didn't watch any of the candidates, but my kids like Disney so I voted for that.

I know it's not very popular opinion but as a film I didn't like Waking Life. It was just a 90 minute podcast with uninteresting rotoscoping and some occasionally neat visuals, but mostly just rotoscoping.

But it's so dEeP

>Actually caring about the Oscars

I believe the Incredibles would like to have a word with you.

Ignore the oscars user, they are literally losing viewers every year.

I know you're meming but it is a genuinely interesting podcast that goes into dreams and morality and such.

But like, not everything has to be a movie. Throughout me watching it I couldn't help but wonder "Was it necessary for this to have been a film?" they don't even make the most out of the visual aspect of film.

>I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
- A member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

Not even the people voting in the Oscars care. The horse was dead from the start.

can we find this person...and kill his kid?

I care because it allows me to shitpost.

Best Animated exists in the first place solely to prevent an animated movie from ever winning Best Picture. Everyone fucking knows that.

1 - cunt
2 - good
3- fag
4 - good
5 - good
6 - vague
7- good

That didn't prevent Up and TS3 from competing for Best Picture.

>claims to not care about the Oscars
>bitches and moans on a weekly basis
>anons who blatantly say incorrect things about previous oscar wins/noms without double checking online
>anons who just parrot the same things in every single thread
>religiously posting the same CartoonBrew links with clockwork timing that aughtta impress Barneyfag
>anons always reacting to these links as if they've seen them for the first time
>ignoring the fact that Amid has ALWAYS been a fucking joke of a journalist on this board, and that his Oscar articles were cherry-picked from a much larger group of anonymous submissions, which he exaggerates for clickbait
I personally know an academy member who's voted the last few years for The Wind Rises/The Tale of the Princess Kaguya/Anomalisa/My Life as a Zucchini
>anons not understanding how the rules of the Academy voting works, but claiming to be expert anyway
>implying Sup Forums doesn't have significantly shittier taste than the board who votes for the nominations

Are Sup Forums Oscar threads the most autistic threads on this board? I agree the Academy's animation award is basically a joke, but these threads always seem to attract the dumbest people.

didn't we JUST have this thread?
The Lego Movie not getting a nom is unexcusible but you have to realize that its just the Disney/Pixar award. Nominations go to 2 foreign films and the other 3 are for Disney first, then other western studios

>2017
>still caring about Jew rigged social agenda awards.

Based Oscars.

Wtf I love Oscars now.

This year's fuck up is going to be Coco over Captain Underpants

He's so right and then becomes very wrong in the same sentence
Love it

Coco already won, its not even a contest

>Needing permission to shitpost.

user, you've even failed at being useless.

Anyone have the guy admitting he refuses to watch animated movies and when he kid wants to see one he leaves him alone in the theater and waits outside?

Hes #1 in the picture of the post you just quoted

>The Oscars itself
I fail to see the problems with them

sometimes literally