ELIZABETH BANKS Developing DC's DOCTOR THIRTEEN for CW

So the CW is gonna make a Doctor Thirteen show based on the book by Azzarello and Chiang

newsarama.com/37034-elizabeth-banks-developing-dc-s-doctor-thirteen-for-cw-report.html

Literally what the fuck even is this

Sounds like gold to me.

This is the one where the dad wants to fuck the daughter right?

That's the one with the incest, right?

Anyone want a storytime of this thing?

>Yes we have a streaming site for DC movies and television that will feature new and original content
>We're not going to actually use it but we have it

>CW

looking forward to it being absolute shit

This was a backup in the 8 part miniseries "Tales of the Unexpected"

Thad iz pure gol'.

I don't think that will make the show.

Incest is very IN these days

I'm more surpised that Elizabeth Banks is developing this than the fact that it's getting developed.

Here we go!

>based on the book by Azzarello and Chiang
How?
Not only was it a short affair but it was built mostly on references and comic writing conventions that can't work for TV.
There's less architects and more executives with TV. Things don't get retconned and resorted as much. None of the characters have existed beforehand to feel their exclusion from continued presence is unfair.

This sounds right up my alley

Wait wasn’t this story a fucking back up in a spectre series?

Sounds like they just want to do a father/daughter ghost hunting/cryptid thing, and Structure and Mortality was the most recent thing both have been in

Plus the incest. It'll sell alone on the incest angle.

It’s funny I just finished reading tales of the unexpected specifically and I always skipped this part

The weirdest thing about the incest...is how it's there. It completely comes out of of left field and it doesn't really get resolved in any way.

This story is ~130 pages, so I am going to skip covers.
This is how the next part starts

I can't say that I liked all the accents and Ebonics that Azz seems to love

>our in--uh--ancestral home.
Heh.

Dr 13 has been a character long before Azzarello wrote him. He's just a supernatural hoax exposer.

just like in real life

Yep, everyone in this was specifically old characters who were not used in a long time, though wasn't Traci Blue Beetle's girlfriend for a while?

>2006

I know what he's been in comics, I was referring to how none of these characters have existed before in TV.
>"built mostly on references"
>"can't work for TV"
>go on to cite all the differences between comics and TV
Anyway OP already clarified a show "based on" this probably means something far more loosely related to than "adapted", so it doesn't really matter.

literally when did you literally get here from reddit you literal casual
> but it wasn't a movie why should I know about iiiiiit

Azz is really fond of "jump ahead in time" with every single issue

I am excite!

Can it also feature Blue Beetle?

>though wasn't Traci Blue Beetle's girlfriend for a while?
I was never ok with that for some reason. It wasn't one sided either, I felt like neither was really getting anything from the pairing aside from the collision of alien tech and magic being repped through them.

If comicvine is right, then it looks like she joined his book right after this miniseries ended.
Apparently she's a lesbian in rebirth, but I haven't read Superwoman

>Apparently she's a lesbian in rebirth
I'm less ok with that, guess I should have been careful what I wished for.

> apes
DC's big red "in case of boredom" button but god damn if it always works

Don't worry, that lesbian thing ain't gonna stick.

one attractive woman short of comic books in one page

Don't worry, there's a sickeningly attractive woman coming up

Somewhere Azz was screaming "DO YOU GET IT?"

>Mignola drawn Spectre

Shit, now I want this series to exist so badly now

remember that time JEB Stuart thought his descendant was the white guy but it was the black guy

Yep. The ultimate irony of this miniseries is that most of the characters ended up appearing in the main DCU almost immediately after. Traci appeared in Blue Beetle, Haunted Tank got a Vertigo miniseries, and I, Vampire got a New52 series

Cliff Chiang has a very attractive artstyle.
It is wasted on "obvious movie pitch" Paper Girls.

>so I am going to skip covers.
They're all just Spectre covers anyway, aren't they?

yeah, this is my first thought..

ah, that makes more sense.

Yes they are. Some people like their issues split up though, so I decided to at least mention that there are no cover breaks coming up

Yeah, reading the actual article it looks more like Father Daughter Ghost Adventures than exploring the glorious trash of cape comics.

Poor Funky

This is going to be one of the iZombie kind of deal right? In name adaptation only?