Are white guys box office poison?

Well, it’s going to cross $1.2 billion worldwide in the next few days. It will soon pass Iron Man 3’s worldwide gross to become the biggest solo superhero flick of all time, and it’ll pass The Avengers’ $623m domestic gross to be the biggest superhero movie ever in unadjusted domestic grosses. Oh, and it’ll be leggier than The Avengers by today with a week or so left before it’s leggier than Ant-Man.

Sure, it will probably lose the top spot this weekend, thanks to John Boyega’s Pacific Rim sequel, but it will continue a rather incredible streak of chart-topping movies (Coco, The Last Jedi, Jumanji, Fifty Shades Freed, Black Panther, Pacific Rim: Uprising) starring “not a white guy." Apart from a single late January frame topped by Maze Runner: The Death Cure’s opening weekend, every weekend has been topped by a movie starring “not a white guy” since Thanksgiving.

I guess it'll be up to Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One to prove that white guys aren't box office poison.

Attached: bpmile.jpg (570x628, 120K)

why is this a race thing?

>Sure, it will probably lose the top spot this weekend, thanks to John Boyega’s Pacific Rim sequel,
Really?

Because when people asked for more black leads, others answered that black leads can't generate profit.

I like how he assumes Uprising will do well based on no apparent data but thinks it's up in the air weather RPO will do well.

oh, well carry on

>Batman and Superman got outgrossed by a Black Panther movie

when will WB kill Snyder?

Stages of Sup Forums grief about the monumental success of Black Panther:

Shock
>OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaha
>ALL BLACK MOVIE IN CHINA HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA
>gives it one star on IMDb

Denial
>Well, it's "doing good" at the box office but when you take into account advertising (which costs A LOT lol) and other expenses it's not doing well at all. When you think about it it's not making enough profit to break even. A good chunk of the money's from fundraising for the premiere. Also it's not gonna do well in Asian markets anyway :)

Anger
>I-if if if if if i-f (((they))) made this movie with all white libcucks w-would be raging. FUCK NIGGERS. FUCK JEWS FOR PUSHING OUT THIS PROPAGANDA. HOW C-COME WE DON'T GET AN ALL WHITE MOVIE? WHY?! WHY?!! WHY?!! WHAT THE FUCK?!! I HATE FUCKING NIGGERS!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOKO

Bargaining
>ITT: we post totally real stories from watching Black Panther in the theater
>I'll start: I got shot, the smell, 0/10. Wouldn't recommend it. It's gonna fail in the Asian market to be honest.

Depression
>tfw no nazi gf
>tfw no Holocaust
>I want to die, bros

Acceptance
>[N/A]

Attached: 2931ED83-C8EA-4BA5-9F3C-19A7C3EECC84.png (394x360, 139K)

His career is dead after his trilogy of Superman flops. Notice how he hasn't had a single film since then? Yeah.

They even tapped based Matthew Vaughn for MoS2. He will fix Superman.

>every weekend has been topped by a movie starring “not a white guy” since Thanksgiving
well yeah, if all blockbusters start featuring leads that aren't white males of course the toppers will be movies without a white male lead. it's not that white males are "box office poison", it's that they are now given less roles, so naturally they aren't top box office. people eat shit like Last Jedi up because of its nice; it would have made the same with a male lead because people go to watch it because it's Star Wars

Sup Forums here. I really regret voting for Donald Trump right now. Worst mistake of my life.

*because of its name

>reminder that no film has or ever will beat Gone with the winds box office

I’m so happy to hear that Black People finally got a superb superhero movie!

this is gonna be like Avatar, makes a shit load of money and then everyone looks back in a few years and goes "what the hell were we thinking"

>white males went from being the lead in 97% of films to being the lead in 95% of films

>this is a notable amount of "lost roles" for white men

Acceptance
>BLAM

Avatar is greenlit for four sequels dickbreath.

yeah 10 years after the fact

"White genocide" is the most insecure bullshit ever. I can only laugh at it as I watch their rallies get more and more pathetic.

So?

ok lets just pretend "theres nothing memorable about avatar" isnt a meme

Attached: Make Wakanda Great Again.jpg (960x840, 104K)

I can describe the entire plot in detail from memory.

>"lol well that's cause it's just the plot to Pocahontas"

That means it's memorable, stupid

The whole point of the movie is T'Challa realizing that isolationism is wrong and opening Wakanda up to share its tricknology with the world. Can you not afford to go see it in theaters?

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

This but unironically

why are you getting so defensive over average capeshit

Just post that one image with the crying manlet Wojak holding the image.

it's not capeshit moron

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1497122400115.jpg (936x1136, 335K)

Why are you getting so offensive over average capeshit?

all I have is a crying lanklet wojak, sorry boss

Attached: 1520223701499.jpg (405x864, 142K)

Attached: 1520658496741.gif (800x600, 198K)

I gotta say, I'm the biggest cis white male nazi around and I am not the least bit triggered by the success of black guys: the movie.

Attached: 1478929762727.jpg (350x350, 19K)

join us in laughing at the cuckapedes, then

I just don't understand the reasons behind its success. It's just your standard capeshit. Is it niggers?

its literally just because "its a marvel movie, but its doing something mildly different (but not really)"

also no competition coming out

in 1968 the most popular film was 2001 a space odyssey

It's standard Marvel fare + Afro-futurism
so the audience was Marvel fans + the kind of black people who wear Africa shaped earrings and tribal print leggings, who tend to have more money than random hoodrats