WHY NEIL WHY

WHY NEIL WHY

Other urls found in this thread:

neilgaiman.com/FAQs/Sandman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dream about to get his ass kicked by Barbatos! Can Batman protect him?

He thinks it'll be good.

>Neil
Doesn't control the rights to any Sandman characters you stupid fucking casual.

So is Snyder going to touch on the fact that Daniel is also Carter Hall's grandson?

I hope both Dream and Lucifer job to Barbatos for all those power level obsessed Vertigo fag tears.

>OP Doesn't know they ask his permission first

>Can I hold your books?
>Noooooo! You'll Mess them up!

>You don't know they do it as a way to keep faggots like OP and yourself from chimping out
>You don't know he graciously accepts because he knows he has no claim to the characters and doesn't want to go full Moore

this is just because of respect towards him and because Neil is generally a cool human bean
then again I don't know about Snyder's ego, would he go so far as to decide he's doing Neil a favour by including Sandman stuff in a semi-serious event?

Well, Daniel appeared when Bruce was reading Carter's journal, so probably

>I want to make a concept album/stage play/short film/set of tee shirts/something to sell based on Sandman. Please give me permission.

>And the answer is simply, I can't. I don't own Sandman. DC Comics does. If you want to make something using the material I did for Sandman, you have to ask them.

>Feel free to ask me or my agent about things I control. But I'm not going to be any use for Sandman.

Why would Dream give a shit? I mean Lucifer might enjoy living/existing in a realm like Prime earth, and not one that either has been wiped from existence or reminds him too much of hell, but the Endless are usually above the whole Crisis thing.

Then again, it will be good for this version of Dream to get some exposure.

Hell, Lucifer fucked off into the Void at the end of his series, and that second series from a few years ago seemed to be running on an entirely different continuity
People are guessing that most of the evil Batmen are the result of nightmares and stuff, so that would be a valid reason for Dream to get involved

The Dreaming is probably at risk of being destroyed.

>People are guessing that most of the evil Batmen are the result of nightmares and stuff, so that would be a valid reason for Dream to get involved
Then it should just take Dream showing up and saying fuck off to fix it, we already went through this with the Corinthian. `

is this from the original sandman? I'm halfway done with the comic

I don't think that would work for this kind of story.

Good job spoiling the ending for yourself.

>it's totally ok for DC to do shit like this with the Endless and Watchmen because its DC xD

Obviously not, but it's hack writing to include it otherwise. When Morrison included Dream it was Dream basically saying "hey I don't feel like dealing with this, they're your people, you take care of it", this is WHOOA THE BIG BAD CAN FITE DREAM? HE SURE IS STRONG

Literally yes. Gaiman should have gotten a better contract if he wanted the rights to the character, or just published it himself, or hell, through Aardvark Vanheim, they would have loved the concept.

Sure, DC owns the character outright, and could make him a member of the Justice League tomorrow, but they still ask for his permission to use him as a professional courtesy because not doing so would just make them look bad and potentially burn bridges with a prolific writer. Same with James Robinson and Jack Knight, and Peter Milligan and Rac Shade.

Alan Moore burned bridges with DC spectacularly decades ago, and wouldn't want to write anything for them even if they tried to make amends to him. They don't want a repeat of that situation.

It would objectively be even worse if Marvel did this with the Endless and Watchmen. That's not even up for debate.

So what, he dies his hair white. Big spoiler.

>dies
this has to be intentional

Gaiman is fine with it. Snyder talked to him before doing it and said he was prepared to work around it if Neil wouldn't have give him his blessing. Neil said "go for it", he's not overly protective of it and he did the series for DC, not Vertigo so he doesn't own the characters.
Watchmen feels a bit more cheap because it was one complete story set in a separate universe and Johns didn't even exchange hellos with Moore ever. They're both stupid cash brabby shit but at least Snyder comes from a good place, Johns is just stroking his own ego.

That's out of courtesy not any legally binding restrictions

He also doesn't want to come out looking like the crotchety, angry, but ultimately completely wrong faggot that Moore does on the Watchmen subject so he always says yes. He also just is a genuinely nicer and chiller guy.

I will take back every bad thing I said about Snyder if Darkseid's Hyper-Adaptor kicks Dream's ass.

The Vertigo tears will flow like wine.

It was more so Dream letting the JLA beat up Starro because it made a good dream and then doing them a solid by keeping Starro in his trunk next to the Corinthian.

I wonder why thay Dr. Endless thing got cancelled then

It never was officially solicited, so it probably got cancelled because the creators blew their loads about it before it got announced. That is a major no-no in all media fields.

Yes, he does, you cocksucking moron. He's got a very specific contract with DC. They can't use any of the Endless (except for Destiny) without his permission and he even gets royalities from apperances like this.

See

You're completely wrong, m8.

The conversation hapenned between closed doors so he wasn't trying to save face, he's just genuinely nly nice and dlhas never been overly protective with Sandman, hence the numerous spin offs.

Who knows. All we know is a tweet from Neil saying he contacted DC about Dr Endless and neither of them knew anything about it and a tweet from the inker saying it got cancelled before he had finished the first issue.

Look at him, look at him and laugh!

>I don't own Sandman. DC Comics does. If you want to make something using the material I did for Sandman, you have to ask them.

>Feel free to ask me or my agent about things I control. But I'm not going to be any use for Sandman.

No shit he gets royalties anyone who creates characters for the big 2, just like Starlin gets Royalties for Thanos or why Bendis memes Miles so hard, he's hoping they put him in a movie and he can make some bank.

Well it seems he got a good sense of how it's a business and realizes that no matter what anyone else writes all that matters is 1) What he writes and 2) that people read and like what he writes.

he probably only has rights for the endless

Not, it's from DC's currenty event faggotry, Dank Metal Knights or some hit

I just don't think anyone really wants to be known as the guy who fucked over Neil Gaiman. Well people other than Todd Mcfarlene.

>Miracleman enters the Marvel Universe press release in 3...2....1...

The Sandman has always been in the DCU.

Morrison is the only writer currently working at DC who has any right to touch a Gaiman-created property. Snyder/Johnsfags need not to apply.

Except if DC gives the sayso then anyone can. Either accept this fact about corporate comics or fuck off. Ignore the good, enjoy the bad.

Eat a dick and die, Rich. Nobody reads your stupid site.

Huh, he actually looks a lot like Dream, too. Never noticed that.

Atleast DC doesn't kill most of the Endless & Watchmen characters and forcefully replace them with black gay characters

this is coming from marvel guy

Does Marvel even have Sandman/Watchmen level stuff to ruin? All I can think of is Marvels, in terms of that kind of material.

Miracleman.

Miracleman but they're waiting for Gaiman to finish his run first, I bet

>Snyder/Johnsfags need not to apply.

Will, since you mentioned it.

I don't want Watchmen anywhere near the DC universe, but nothing's wrong with using the Endless from time to time. They don't just chill in their domains all the time after all.

Cool. Does this take clear in that period where Dream is compromised and no one can sleep? Because I always wondered if that had been mentioned in the larger DC universe.

Star Wars!

>WHY NEIL WHY

Neil isn't as precious as you OP

This happens way after the end of The Sandman.

Neil is a pretty chill dude. He's in favor of piracy as he (correctly) believes it leads to bigger readership and sales

Yes, he's quite dreamy

I'm not really sure Star Wars was the kind of property I was thinking about here. Regardless of artistic direction, the boat on not whoring that property out sailed a long fucking time again.

>Dream World

It's called The Dreaming, you cereal munching mongoloid!

They haven't read Sandman, user, they don't know.

>Marvels
>Watchmen/Sandman level
I'm sure you were just trying to bait me but you succeeded.

Hehehe. Finally yes. Powerlevelfags tears will be delicious. Maybe they will say something like non-canon. Hypocrite they will be.

>Brainwave's face in the last panel.