Never reed any of DC's comics in my life. After shit-storm in Marvel I concidered to move on

Never reed any of DC's comics in my life. After shit-storm in Marvel I concidered to move on.
Where should I start? Should I start with Rebirth or I should go farther?
Any recommendations? Kinda interested in Batwoman and Supergirl. Also heard about Young Animals.

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVsAv9kPYAy3jqrWU6gJGDNTnx13I08Ihy14aVEC-zg/edit#gid=609998967
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Should I start with Rebirth or I should go farther?
Always go farther
>Kinda interested in Supergirl
Read the run writtwn by Peter David
>Also heard about Young Animals.
Shade is a safe bet, but I also enjoy Cave Carson and Doom Patrol seems to be rather popular.

For older stuff I'd reccomend JLI, the Lobo minis, The Spectre by Ostrander and The Question by Denny O'neil.

Always read the classics, either be standalone stories or runs

What about Cassandra Cain? Where should I start with her?

Best I've got and you can get similar stuff from
comraderecs.tumblr.com/

The new Supergirl is good. All-Star Superman and Seven Soldiers of Victory are must-reads. Young animals is...OK. I'd sooner read Alan's Swamp Thing.

>>Kinda interested in Supergirl
>Read the run writtwn by Peter David

OP, DON'T DO THIS! IT'S NOT EVEN THE SAME CHARACTER!

Batman Year One
The Long Halloween
The Dark Knight Returns
Grant Morrison's Batman
Batman Adventures v1
Mad Love
Geoff Johns' Action Comics
All Star Superman
Superman For All Seasons
Superman Adventures
Flash v2 from Mark Waid's run through Geoff Johns' run
Geoff Johns' Green Lantern
Grant Morrison's JLA
Mark Waid's JLA
Joe Kelly's JLA
Geoff Johns' JSA
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing
Grant Morrison's Animal Man
Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol

New Super-Man isn't a starting point for the bigger picture but it's a fun book
It's a fun story
Also check out Flintstones

first of all read fucking
>watchmen
then id move on to either
>crisis on infinite earths
>the dark knight returns
then you can sort of go to whatever you want after that
highly recommend some of these runs
>batman year one
>batman the long halloween
bot essential reading for batman
>JLA by grant morrison
>infinite crisis
if you want to continue with more justice leage and crisis stuff
>geoff john's green lantern run
if you have any interest in green lantern
>flashpoint
a big event in the DC universe. after this you can just skip to
>DC universe: rebirth
because most stuff in the new 52 is kind of garbage with a few exceptions like animal man, swamp thing, aquaman.
from rebirth you can move on to whatever book you want in rebirth, most of them are good to mediocre. the series with the most acclaim right now are
>deathstroke
>superman
>new superman
good tier
>detective comics
>hal and pals
>green lanterns
>green arrow
>red hood and the outlaws

I'm reading Supergirl: Being Super right now.

What so wrong with what user recommended?

>Never reed

You've got problem with that?

For cape stuff I don't have much to say but I can recomend nu52 aquaman.
For other stuff the vital ones are.
Sandman
Watchmen
Maybe hellblazer

Theres also flintstones which is surprisingly incredible but considering you come from marvel you may be sick of politics.

Get yourselfs some of the classics, like Ostrander's Suicide Squad, James Robinson's Starman, Morrison's Animal Man & Doom Patrol.

>Batwoman
>Supergirl
>Cassandra

Are you a girl or what?
What did you read in Marvel?

Jesus christ, you candyass. Just pick whatever interests you. As a former Marvelfag, I tried imprints, like Young Animals, Hanna Barbera Beyond, Deathstroke, JLA, New Superman, Kamandi Challenge, Super Sons, Ragman, Looney Tunes crossovers, Kirby anniversary specials, Batman / Shadow, Deadman Dark Mansion, Wildstorm.

I am also curious about Dark Matter

He's just a faggot. PAD's Supergirl is the best Supergirl, even if it's not Kara.

Don't bother with learning about continuity first. Pick a recommended series and go from there, I suggest you stay away from event storylines or you won't be able to fully appreciate some of the shit in them. I read Sinestro Corps War before Infinite Crisis and before Crisis on Infinite Earths on a whim, while I enjoyed the fuck out of it I had no fucking idea who the fucks they were fighting where.

That's an incredibly low standard

>New Supergirl
>Good
Ech, Orlando sure fooled everyone that he was a solid writer.

Anyway OP. IDK about Batwoman, I thought Supergirl was stale as fuck. Young Animal is pretty gud though I only read a few of it.

Yeah Doom patrol has its moments

N52 seems like the easiest ideal jumping in point (it was the whole point of it).
Be aware that for Green lantern or Batman you would have to backtrack a bit more.

Really what you NEED TO DO, is simply start reading.
I know it sounds like your jumping in a show halfway through (which it is), but there's no CONCRETE reboot that runs no history for DC/Marvel. You can handle craziness better than you think you can and you'll pick up on context clues of when a hero mentions a character/location/event you pick up "oh this is important I think" (like watching a Fantasy movie and you're like "oh she has one of those 3 elf rings they mentioned earlier, so she's a SUPER big deal).

There's a few REC reading images listing of what people liked of N52 or reading order list for Johns GL run or Morrison Batman run.
I'll try to find it.

From a recent recommend lists thread and I assume from the Sup Forums recommend Wikia.

Quick comment on Batwoman N52 run. It's really good but it's paneling style is crazy unique so if you're reading it digitally (which I assume you will be to try the comics out) you'll definitely need something bigger than your phone for reading.

Starting with Rebirth is alright though you would get the most out of it if you read stuff from before N52 and the Superman Convergence comic tie-ins if you get into his books. Generally speaking, the Superman related titles are pretty good though I do not read Supergirl and Superwoman sucked. New Superman has been surprisingly engaging and Supersons has been great.

If you like superheroines, Cassandra Cain's original run is good though DC fucked her up bad during One Year Later. She has only recently begun to recover after a complete reboot and only appears as a supporting character in the Bat books.

And the DCYou
Basically a few years after N52 where they advertised a "story over continuity" mentallity which meant they didn't want to COMPLETELY restrict a writers' ideas for characters by mediocre stories from N52.
There wasn't anything drastically changed (except Convergence which is more crazy than drastic)

Well fuck I'm an idiot for posting the image order in reverse as I hoped.

This page is a wacky mess to probably read, but since N52 continues Morrison run Batman it helps to be able to backtrack.

Really what you need to do is backtrack to Batman and Son (same story the animated movie of same is based on).
From there you follow the other bits by Morrison such as Black Glove and R.I.P.
Eventually you'd get through Final Crisis and continue from there the Batman & Robin run and Return of Bruce Wayne.
Eventually that leads into Batman Inc. which is the story continued in N52.

actually good

>PAD
>Low standard

Just to get to basic with the characters, just start with New 52. Read:
>Batman 1-52
>Batman & Robin
>Aquaman 1-52
>Justice League 1-52
>Animal Man
>Swamp Thing
>Wonder Woman if you're interested
>The last half of Detective comics (like 30-52) was okay, if I recall
>Trinity War, leading into Forever Evil
Once you've done that, maybe go and read some of the older stuff people have suggested.
As for rebirth, everything is pretty decent, even the trash ones aren't completely terrible. Maybe read:
>Superman
>Batman
>Red Hood
>Super Sons
>Aquaman
>Deathstroke
>New Superman
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVsAv9kPYAy3jqrWU6gJGDNTnx13I08Ihy14aVEC-zg/edit#gid=609998967

I really wish DC could stay stable. Every time they do a crisis a fan favorite becomes fodder for some overhyped but forgettable "threat"

Lots of good recs here, so I'll throw a few quirky things you may like:
Jonah Hex (anything)
Metal Men (Silver Age run, 100-page Spectacular)
Blackhawk (Evanier, Chaykin and Pasko/Burchett runs)
All-Star Squadron (all of it)
Plastic Man (Jack Cole, Kyle Baker)

>Morrison
>Entry level

Really?

Batwoman is almost entirely good shit

I don't recall any fan favorite deaths in Forever Evil or Convergence.
Well maybe Bizarro for FE, but his character sorta began and ended with that event.