I AM

I AM...
TRANSFORMED!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_X_tI5kA
youtu.be/FT-LJ6W6qcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a kid I loved beast wars but when that came out it was like a horror show. I was so confused

intentional? megatron did conquer cybertron (so bleak is expected).

That too but mostly the designs.

I really loved Rhynox. I was a HUGE fan and then they made him a villain! I was so disappointed I never gave the show a chance.

probably to set it apart from beast wars aesthetically.

never really bothered it me that much.

I know people like to point out how the toys didn't nail the accuracy right but how would updated toys fare?

Wait he became a bad guy???? How?

At the beginning of Beast Machines, he was paralysed and taken by Megatron's drones to the big guy himself, who then ripped out his spark. The other Maximals kept fighting though, so Megatron decided that he needed new generals to fight them with. He then put Rhinox's spark in pic related's body, thinking that the Maximals would be reluctant to fight him if they knew it used to be their friend.

This...didn't work out. At first, Tankor was just a dumb brute, with Rhinox's spark trapped within. Eventually, however, the Maximals were able to help him gain control, but by then he was bitter and angry, and turned against them. He decided to embrace Megatron's plan, but put himself at the head of it, and began scheming against both his former friends and his master. It didn't work out, because Megatron was smart enough to install an inability to attack him into his programming. His rebellion led to Primal and Megatron both using their respective super weapons, which he got caught in between. That wasn't the intent, he'd already been disabled by then, but it did happen. Later on, when Optimus met his spark, Rhinox was regretful of his actions. Still went evil, though.

Now post Nightscream because I'm not finished being disgusted yet.

>At the BotCon 2014 retrospective panel it was revealed that a redeco of Battle Unicorn based on the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic character Twilight Sparkle, aptly named "Twilight Sparkle Prime", was among the proposed but unused concepts.

I'm still salty this never became a real thing

Was this the best thing about the show?
youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_X_tI5kA

The soundtrack was pretty sweet. However for me the best thing about the show were easily the Vehicon Generals. By and large they had the best designs (and possibly the most unique) and at the least they weren't constantly preaching about the "organic core" like primal was.

Jetstorm was easily the best character on the entire show and it was a damn shame they killed him off in favor of having Silverbolt...who did nothing for the majority of his time. Such a waste of a great character. youtu.be/FT-LJ6W6qcQ

same.

jetstorm and thrust's buddy routine was best.

The show was such a high production mess. Jetstorm and thrust should have been original characters. Tying them to silverbolt and waspinator was pretty bad. The vehicons were fun. Brian Drummond is just way too much fun as Jetstorm. Like every line is sold so well.

I did in a way like the premise of the show, that via time travel, megatron wins. It took a trope that's ususally done in one episode, the dystopian future where the big bad has conquered. I just wish the show wasn't so hippie-spiritual and was a better, idk, better.

Hey, it wrote Waspinator out of the show so that makes me happy.

I didn't mind this so much, BW already established that Evil Rhynox was a more terrifying foe than Megatron.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines are no joke the two most important shows in my life.

Beast Wars was my reason for getting up at 6 every morning and even after if stopped airing I kept getting up at that time from 1st grade all the way to my final year at college.
Beast Machines on the other hand influenced my writing because it always felt like Megatron won in the end up to the final episode, and that stuck with me to the point where almost every big villain a write takes a tiny bit from him. Also, the Thrust episode made me obsessed with ridiculous plot twists and I still see it as one of the best plot twists of all time.

>not liking Waspinator

you get the hell out

The definition of an unnecessary sequel.

All the stories of the characters from Beast Wars were finished.

Inb4 someone posts that horrifying transformation fetish video with that terrible CGI woman turning into a car

This. It doesn't help that characterizations were a mess.