Mort from Bob's burger

What has happened to him?

Why don't we see him anymore? His funeral business is still there so what?

He used to balance out Teddy. Teddy isn't a bad character but he has been overused as the "regular customer" in the last seasons.

bob didnt need two sidekicks
he is still there when the plot needs him

What was the last episode he was in?

the one with him having an online date?
i mean he is there when they need a second character in a scene, he is backup

Uh? don't remember about that.

Wasn't that a season 1 episode? I'm pretty certain he's been on the show since then.

im pretty sure that was the last morth episode and it wasnt season one
i think he was part of the halloween episode where they scare louise

The character with the less "colorful" personality tends to get crowded out by the wackier characters; that's just the way of things.

Teddy is more fun to write, so the writers use him more. He has more personality and gets more lines in the recording sessions, so they use his actor more. Eventually, he overtakes the show and anything approaching a straightman, like Mort, is discarded.

Happened to Zeppo Marx, the fourth Marx brother nobody remembers.

>Teddy is more fun to write, so the writers use him more. He has more personality and gets more lines in the recording sessions, so they use his actor more. Eventually, he overtakes the show and anything approaching a straightman, like Mort, is discarded.
But that's my point, you NEED a character like Mort to balance him out.

What was the last episode he appeared in?

>been compared to teddy before

Don't watch this show all that much is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Doesn't help that Bob is a straight man too.
Mort's less a straight man and more just kinda lame. He has a couple bits first he's a normal guy who happens to be a Mortician and his comfort with death is somewhat off putting but that can only be so relevant. Then he's the third wheel friend that just seems a little desperate to be a part of things but ultimately just doesn't click like Bob and Teddy. And then he's a Mama's Boy. It's a little hard to force a character into the spotlight when you have to constantly find ways to make their occupation relevant or a third of their character is they're easily overshadowed by the other characters.

It depends, have you been compared to young Teddy or old Teddy?

But seriously, teddy is a bro. A bit on the lonely side, but someone you can rely one and full of love.

Thing is, it was just some dude I just met and hanged out with a mutual friend. How can he know am a bro if i just met him?

I thought the same thing and then looked it up, he's only in a few episodes per season. Nothing has changed.

>but he has been overused
>forced
>shoehorned

you can stop having opinions now

?

Teddy is the best character/ I DO wish they'd use Mort more, but I mean, when he's put up against Teddy, how can he compete?

this

I remember Zeppo, it's the fifth brother everyone forgets, but that's only because he was never in the movies.

best character is rabbit ears.

Oh hey, Marshmallow

Gayle is better

Gayle is the fucking worst.

also sick of Mr. Frond

why does a school counselor even have so much pull in any/all school functions?

Ah, yeah. It's a Zeke episode. You think he's just gonna be some one off nobody and then BAM! The highlight of any episode he's in.

She is, which is why she's not as boring as poor ol' Mort.

Oh god I read that in his voice

He wouldn't. They should have made him the principal or something.

Aquaticism according to the wiki

Besides other reasons listed in this thread I figured it had something to do with him being a mortician. The show never really had any macabre humor except for the pilot but even then it's moved away from what it used to be. I think Mort was a better fit when the Belchers were cannibals and when the show was just trying to be the next Family Guy. He's okay if you take him out of the role of a mortician, but doesn't stand out enough to keep bringing him back.

I thought it was because most of the staff just don't care about their jobs while Frond does in some capacity.

>when the Belchers were cannibals
When was this?

It was just in the show's pitch IIRC.

Wasn't it a rumor? I hope the writers didn't really want to make the Belchers cannibals.

No, in the original pitch for the show they were a family of cannibals who'd kill their customers and/or got their supply from Mort. Fox of course told them no, so they took the cannibal part out and wrote the pilot around the original premise.

Zeppo's problem was that he was the straight man for a group where everybody else could do that job but also play the clown side as well.

Gummo just handled the business dealings.

I'm pretty sure the show was originally planned to be a black comedy with a sort of gothic tone to it and it got re-tooled into another fox animated family sitcom.

>into another fox animated family sitcom.
At least it's a good one now.

Teddy reminds me of a less douchey Bill from King of the Hill. Fat, little depressed but a good deal loyaler and closer to his friends

IIRC the plot of the first episode centered around Louise saying her dad used human meat from next door in the restaurant food.

he thinks you talk too much, have shitty stories, and give off a lonely loser vibe through ever pore of your body, but you seem friendly and kind.

For what it's worth the creator likes the retooled version too. He just came off Lucy, Daughter of the Devil and was still kind of in that headspace.

It was after the retooling that the character designs became mire muppet influenced too, which probably lent itself better to a warm and fuzzy feel.

The cannibal thing wouldn't have lasted long anyways.

LET'S WRESTLE

Hugo and Ron are the best support characters and you are all plebs

I like mort and teddy better. Hugo can get annoying with his lust and longing of the worst character in the show.

he still shows up but he's pretty much on the same level as the mailman
an extra who shows up sometimes to be apart of things when they need a group

Ron's a pretty chill fellow, though.

I have no beef with ron. I actually do like him.

> I love it
> Get out

Teddy is a treasure

Also Tina was a boy

This. I can't imagine the show without Teddy, he's the heart of the show.

I just love hearing Ron's voice becuase of how much I love Home Movies.

I was happy when H. Jon used his Jason voice for that kid of the dude Bob had a mancrush on.

Teddy is the most insufferable piece of shit in the entire show and any episode where he shows a modocum of authority he turns into an enraged, shit-flinging ape. Part of the reason I stopped watching the show was this inbred character.

Hugo has a thing for Gene?

My guess is Mort got married to that female mortician

I thought there were episodes without Teddy. Am I wrong?

There are, what I meant was compared to Mort, Teddy is the better character to keep around. His dynamics with each of the Belchers just works great and he plays off of them in a more entertaining way.