Why aren't cartoons today as sexy as they used to be?

Why aren't cartoons today as sexy as they used to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerpuffgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Equal_Fights
feministfrequency.com/video/tropes-vs-women-6-the-straw-feminist/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you emphasize or in anyway spotlight a female character as being physically attractive, it qualifies as "the male gaze" and will be called out by watch dog groups as being sexist/misogynist.

It isn't worth the trouble/bad press, anymore.

Any publicity is good publicity tho

Chris Savino molesting his female coworkers and getting publically kicked to the curb isn't exactly doing the Loud House any favors right now.

Furries aren’t allowed in the animation as much as they used to.

Well obviously I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about what's in the show.

There are more women in positions of power in the animation industry then their were back then and they take the criticisms of tumblr and Feminist Frequency very seriously. While previous showrunners/producers might have had that attitude, female ones don't. They buy into things being "problematic" and don't want to see them on TV anymore.

Lauren Faust had to publically apologize to Anita Sarkeesian for her Powerpuff Girls episode "Equal Fights" being problematic and anti-feminist. Women in animation actually do bend the knee to online feminist watchdog groups.

why did animators give so much attention to 12 year old furry girls but rarely qt human adult girls

>he molested someone at work
>not a coworker's sister
HE HAD ONE JOB

>Lauren Faust had to publically apologize to Anita Sarkeesian for her Powerpuff Girls episode "Equal Fights" being problematic and anti-feminist.
The actual state of feminism!
>Cant make fun of our faults even if youre a woman

>Can't treat a group like evil monsters or use your gender to excuse your behavior
The state of modern feminism, everybody!

>Lauren Faust had to publically apologize to Anita Sarkeesian for her Powerpuff Girls episode "Equal Fights" being problematic and anti-feminist
[citation needed]

Please kill yourself

Because women don't like it. There's nothing that women loathe more than any woman that is sexier than them.

Just look at how bullying among girls works.

>Lauren Faust had to publically apologize to Anita Sarkeesian
who died and named Sarkeesian some kind of God you have to apologize to? I just lost the last bit of respect I had for faust, if she died tomorrow I won't feel a thing

Can get away with more with furry content. For whatever reason, sexualizing furries isnt seen as being anywhere near as bad as doing the same thing with humans. No idea what the logic is but its a very real thing.

I guess its because if it looks like a depiction of a human it is seen as a human doing those things, whereas if it actually looks like a cartoon its not seen as being as bad because its just a cartoon character, its not actually trying to depict something that is a real thing.

>Lauren Faust had to publically apologize to Anita Sarkeesian for her Powerpuff Girls episode "Equal Fights" being problematic and anti-feminist.

Tried googling, found nothing. Sauce please.

>molesting

I hate this word. Are we talking about WOMEN or fucking children. Are women thinking rational adults who can work or not? Because I imagine Nickelodeon hires ADULTS. You cannot "molest" a fucking adult and that includes an adult female.

If women really aren't adults? Then why the fuck did men give these lesser beings rights they never deserved? You can't have it both ways bitches.

Sauce?

You are literally retarded. What the fuck do you think 'molest' means, dipshit?

Prepare to lose more respect for her, she finally got pregnant at the age of 40. Because she's a selfish bitch who wanted to become a mother she ruined a future kid's mental health by giving birth when she's more prone to birth defective offspring.

Did SOMEONE actually verified that to be true at least? cause the dickbags at CartoonBrew didn't do shit!

If you honestly consider rabbits, ducks, and skunks sexy. Than you've got serious mental health problems.

>who died and named Sarkeesian some kind of God you have to apologize to?

When Michael Richards got in trouble for saying "nigger" in a standup routine, he had to publically apologize to Jesse Jackson in order to smooth things over.

Certain individuals appoint themselves as the community leaders for minority groups. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the self-appointed leaders of all African Americans. And Anita Sarkeesian is the self-appointed leader of all American women.

To be in their good graces is to be in the good graces of all the people they represent, hence why whenever a celebrity fucks up, they run to them for forgiveness, like when Joss Whedon got in trouble over sexist jokes in Age of Ultron, he ran straight o Anita Sarkeesian and posted selfies of the two of them hanging out. It bought him some time with the female audiences until his most recent scandal.

>who died and named Sarkeesian some kind of God you have to apologize to?
Women are like that. Sarkeesian is the queen bee.

You're not allowed to portray females as "classically" attractive anymore. Though somehow trying to pass a 300 pound landwhale as attractive is "empowering" or something.

Except the kid turned out fine, Sup Forums.

Wish I could TURN BACK TIIIIIME
To the GOOD OLD DAAAAYS

It's easy to find fictional twats like elves and aliens and junk sexy when you become misanthropic. And the human species is doing an excellent job of making men more and more misanthropic. Drugging boys when they're young in school, putting Estrogen in drinking water, destroying men via just false allegations.

As far as I'm concerned should the USA fall to the Chinese I'd be the first to learn Mandarin and just tell the Chinese "Welcome!" All Western Countries have sold out their countrymen, the Australians, the USA, Canada, European countries, etc. So they deserve to collapse and burn.

It's not about the kid turning out fine, but bitches after a certain age should have their wombs removed because the chance of defective offspring is too great and ever rising like 40 years old to have your first kid? Come on.

Of course men are free to disagree with such an idea, those men are to be rounded up and castrated for their own good. The human species would be so much better if women had no rights and beta loser simp males? Constantly kept in check under threat of castration (and then in case they got muscles thin and carve out their muscles so they cannot become strong either). A biological traitor is just that a traitor. And when it comes to pussy men are happy to betray civilization for a minute of pitiful pleasure.

sometimes they get away with it

Shitty art style.

this.
they should also ban same-race breeding in order to create the biologically optimal offspring with the lowest chances of disorders.
All 18-20 year olds will be taken to the interracial breeding grounds and the males will be castrated as soon as they have successfully impregnated a young female.

It's BS though. Risks are little bigger, but still extremely low.

>cankles, the art-style

>this is sexy to kids today
I feel bad for you cucks

right, right, and what happens to the young women in this bio-horror paradise of yours?

suit yourselves

Modern cartoons are so shitty looking. Not surprised Rebecca's boyfriend is behind this shit design.

>down syndrome face

it's a cartoon with non-ambiguous /ss/ incest, you can't be that picky

Sweet Jesus that's disgusting.

She looks like she's the one who had the incest parents.

A lot of cartoons these days are created by ugly (inside, outside, doesn't matter) women and their subservient, weak orbiters.

So this is that "beautiful at every size" thing they're trying to push? Pretending that obese and unhealthy women are attractive and gorgeous?

They're not fooling anybody.

>women are forced to breed in their teens before they're allowed an education
>aren't entitled to anything in a divorce
congratulations, you've created a disaster.
Girls will get pregnant to men they're not going to be able to stay with because they were forced into it, and then either live shit lives or leave and live on the streets without the kids.
Then the kids can't develop properly without a mother and father and turn into pieces of shit.

You've basically just recreated India.

It's not so much that she's fat as she has horrible tumors for calfs.

>like when Joss Whedon got in trouble over sexist jokes in Age of Ultron, he ran straight o Anita Sarkeesian and posted selfies of the two of them hanging out.

What's more depressing about that is how it WORKED. Feminists were up and arms about that stupid joke Tony made in AoU, blaming Joss for promoting rape culture. But when he ran to Anita and showed pics of them hanging out, the feminist groups all immediately dropped it.

Like, that's all it takes. "Here's a pic of me hanging with Anita and Fem Freq!" And that's it; they're mollified.

Too bad he couldn't pull the same trick twice after his ex publically accused him of being a womanizing creep.

she's an aged mother that goes with her son to prom.
they show flashbacks to her as a young woman and she's hotter.
There's no real far positivity, the artstyle is just very, VERY loose.

at least post one of the actually attractive character from the show

Well? We're waiting?

Faust apologized, but it was on the toonzone forums to to Foster's Home fans over the Bendy episode.

It's Tall Poppy Syndrome under a different label.

It HAS to be loose and overly stylized or they'll be forced to draw realistic women and then they couldn't disguise cellulite-ridden as "thicc" any more.

>tfw no Cuphead cartoon to revitalize the ranks of Sup Forums waifus.

I don't get why she would, the episode clearly showed she understood the problem with that brand of vapid feminism.
Was it just to satiate fans that didn't get it?
Or did she really go back and decide all feminism must be good even though the episode makes such a good case to the contrary?

This never happened.

powerpuffgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Equal_Fights

>◾The episode has met with controversy, as there's been arguing over whether or not the episode sends out a positive message of feminism. Lauren Faust has even confirmed that this episode was an old shame of hers, as she wasn't sure if the episode was a good way to teach feminism to children.

>that part where the eels bite her love handles and she squeals

Faust was forced to apologize after Sarkeesian posted this video, calling her out:

>feministfrequency.com/video/tropes-vs-women-6-the-straw-feminist/

Faust did it to save her cred with female viewers, as Anita accused her of "internalized misogyny" and it threated her reputation.

You've still provided no source that Faust was "forced to publicly apologize to Anita", just that it was brought up on her dumb show

I think the "public apology" thing has become one of those mutating rumors.

This is the only direct quote from Faust I've ever been able to find her shame over "Equal Fights". All she's said is that she's not proud of it. Not really an apology, though it is an admission that she dislikes the episode.

She also made the statement 6 years before the Sarkeesian call-out video. So she was ashamed of "Equal Fights" long before Anita started talking shit.

If Lauren has ever said anything in response to Anita's call-out video, I've never found a direct source for it. But her dislike of "Equal Fights" is documented, so at least that much is true.

(and can somebody save these screencaps? I'm not going to and I don't want to have to look them up again next time the whole "Lauren prostrated herself for forgiveness over Equal Fights" thing comes up again)

I fucking hate america so much

Why does everyone refuse to kill or properly punish the turk/jew/gipsy/turk/ashkenazi/muslim? Their genes are purposefully made to parasite their partner and destroy the world. They are the typical degenerates destroyers villains of our planet and always have been.

Sexiness is sexist. Woman are supposed to look and act like guys.

Tweening will always look off to me, no matter ho much work they put into it.

The reason feminine sexiness has been systematically eliminated from Western children's media is because dislike of it is the ONE thing that left wing feminist progressives and right wing conservative Christians can agree on.

Leftists hate it because it promotes misogyny and the male gaze, objectifying and dehumanizing females as lust items and nothing more.

Right wing Christians hate it because it is an affront to modesty, promotes degeneracy and creates sinful thoughts that will lead to the soul's eternal damnation.

So whether they care to admit it or not, both sides have been working in tandem to remove attractive/sexy females from animation.

and it work like a charm!

user, unless you're a stick that's not obese by any means. If she was obese, there would be no curves at all, just a blob.

HOWDY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

Why is it okay when you say this, but when a black racist says this about white people everyone goes ape shit?

Doesn't matter anyway, Armenians like Anita and most of the groups you listed are all white/Caucasian anyway. I'm just glad I don't have to live near real Gypsies..

>I'm just glad I don't have to live near real Gypsies..

They prefer to be called the Roma, you privileged shitlord.

Well considering leftism is a spin off Christian ideology that's not surprising.

This character looks like they are mentally retarded and obese. The weight thing isn't so much as a problem as how they look like there is something wrong with her DNA. That kills any possibility of sexiness even if she was at an ideal weight.

>unless you're a stick that's not obese by any means.
It's a revolting level of fat.

>dat slight skin fold

Look man, not everything is stylization.

Someone could say the same shit about Minerva (pic related), and you'd just have a fit because muh childhood. Stop being a autistic Sup Forums Puritan and STFU.

>This character looks like they are mentally retarded and obese.
So typical american?

Sure they did.

Minerva does not look like she is missing a fucking chromosome. Nor does she look she drinks 6 cans of soda a day.

This isn't a matter of style. That character would look hideous in ANY style.

It's a sad state of affairs when a cartoon like Star vs. has so many different waifus people go after, none of which are particularly attractive.

The body is ok, but everything below her knees is atrocious. Her legs make her look disgusting.

I love how her animation is suddenly better than the rest.

>not having bad taste makes you Sup Forums
I think you subconsciously admire fascists.

Imagine this... What if she didn't, and you're just autistically fidgeting over cartoons not being the same.

Go back to Sup Forums where every girl looks on-model and generic, while we get fun and different.

Also Minerva does look like she's missing chromosomes, got that autistic pudgy look to her face.
StVfoe is just overrated trash lmao

Because the artstyle. Most cartoon characters are just stick figures. You can't be sexy if you are just a flat stick. And now you have shit like this that is even worse. I mean, what the fuck is wrong with her face?

Nicole is my waifu tho

Left and Right are just two sides of the same Gynocentric coin.

Fuck both of them. This so called joke we call "civilization" must burn. If civilization means males are abused, treated like garbage, etc then it deserves to fall. No wonder nowadays I side with the villains. Why protect the status quo? Why save a population of ungrateful shits? Let the villains kill the mostly worthless human species. Or better yet have the hero abandon idiotic notions of heroism and join the villain to help castigate humanity and kill it. Osborn was right in Spiderman's first movie by Raimi:

"Think about what we can accomplish....or destroy. Destroy everything over and over until we're old."

>exaggerated, silly cartoon expression = ugly art
Wow. You are fucking stupid

Fucking Tiny Toons. Probably responsible for at least half the fur fags you see today.

Fifi is still my waifu.

You're just wrong, user.

ow the edge

Stop shitposting in computer class and talk to your guidance counselor about getting a therapist..

Just think of it. The next generation is going to be Simpleshapes Fags and they are going to have their own fandom like the furries.

Minerva has a healthy looking body with a few animal features thrown on.

I have no problem and neither does anyone else with characters that are not bomb-shells. But the crap you posted is way off on the 'ugly' side of the spectrum, not in the middle, but the very bottem. Someone who took that and saw as sexually appealing is raising a lot of red flags. You can have ugly or even genetically defective characters, Quesimoto was that way. But they can't be sex icons.

If a little girl thought that Quesimoto was more physically attractive than Aladdin, it would be a sign she is severely fucked up. And if the cartoonists took a Quesimoto and tried to pass it off as sexy there would be something fucked up with them. Your character is only slightly about Quesimoto in terms of attractiveness.

No, there was another comment released after the video where someone asked her about it and she admitted that she regrets making the episode, because the issue ended up being a bit too complex to cram into an 11 minute cartoon episode. That's the one that people are usually talking about when they say she "apologized". I want to say it was a Twitter comment.

What is off-model art

You know damn well where you are.

Imagine it. People dressing up as off model/shitty looking cartoons and having sex. Like a drawn-sex comic come to life.