Dumb question, but why is this considered a "bat book"...

Dumb question, but why is this considered a "bat book"? I mean yeah one of the members of the team is definitely a bat character, but you could say the same about Teen Titans and that doesn't get put under the bat offices. Hell, Super Sons is 50% bat.

Is there some editorial logic to what books get put where?

Take away Nightwing or Robin from a Titans book and it's still a Titans book. Take away Red Hood from a book called Red Hood and the Outlaws, and you don't have much of a book at all anymore.

"Teen Titans" is Teen Titans.

"Super Sons" is Super Sons.

"Red Hood and the Outlaws" is Red Hood, and then the Outlaws. Todd is the protag.

Because it's called RED HOOD and the outlaws so a lot of fans consider it a bat book. DC on the other hand didn't always consider it a bat book since RHATO for years was in different office and only recently was put in the Bat office.

>Take away Red Hood from a book called Red Hood and the Outlaws, and you don't have much of a book at all anymore.

But that's really only true because of the title. If you take away Damian from Super Sons, then it's just a Jon book.

You lose the entire premise of the book without Jason, just as you'd lose the entire premise of Supersons without Damian.

DC did this book mainly for Red Hood while the Outlaws are his supporting cast.

Super Sons is considered a Super book.

Should we start speculating who is going to join the Outlaws next? Table had 7 chairs

Marketing.

Creeper

>robin and the teen titans
>its in gotham mostly
>many gotham villains show up

Because when it comes to 'Bat-Wide Crossovers' that always inevitably involve the robins: Damian can be featured in Batman without any questions, since he's the current robin. Nightwing has a book all his own. Tim is in Tec. And Red Hood, while he can show up in the Batman title, it makes more sense thematically to just put him in 'his book. So they put the book in the Bat office to save time when it comes to crossovers.

It rarely get advertised along the Bat books.

We know that Creeper is going to join in which make it hard to guess the rest.

Godspeed, Guy Gardner, and...shit, Aquaman and Cyborg don't have gray morality offshoots.

long before this anons tried to make an outlaw justice league but imo, alot of the ideas just didnt work
why the fuck would black manta join, hes not "good" hes an asshole
another suggestion was the asian lady speedster that just joined all-new superman, so shes out for outlaws now.

Doesn't make sense because RHATO was already involved in many crossovers when it was in the Superman office.

I think the Batman office wanted to get their hands on Red Hood for while and DC finally decided to give them Red Hood for some reason.

>Aquaman
Orm
Tula
Murk
Lorena Marquez
Dolphin

>Cyborg
Screw that go with another Leaguer's offshoot. M'gann can mindrape people to her heart's content

>why the fuck would black manta join
This is a terrible idea. Not even redeemable in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way.

Since when red hood and the outlaws is in the bat office?

>Guy Gardner
I didn't realize I could be this hyped. Imagine, Guy having a book where he matters and a team to play off again. Could this be the second coming of Justice League International.

Ocean Master could be done, but I don't see them wanting to redeem him into an actual antihero. Using Murk would be like putting Perry White on a superteam. Dude's supporting cast for life. And the rest are a list of "girl" sidekicks, not "edgy" sidekicks.

i just hope it doesnt turn into justice league 3001, where there were so many characters sharing so little page time that it just turned to shit

Very recently. It was in the titans office at first and then they suddenly put it in the Bat office.

Bizarro was never Superman's sidekick, he was Lex's for like five minutes during Forever Evil

Artemis was edgy during the 90s but wasn't a sidekick, and was relegated to supporting cast afterwards

They could rework any of those characters to fit in with the Outlaws.

Meh, I was using "sidekick" loosely where I meant "in the -family"

Add in Creeper, steal back Roy and Starfire from the Titans

Starfire never fit the "outlaw" premise quite right. Nu52 continuity Blackfire isn't evil though, right?

>Roy and Starfire from the Titans
Ewww no. They have been horrible in Rebirth and I prefer other characters.

>Creeper
When was this? I missed that. Personally I think Dolphin and Pied Piper would make great additions to the team. They're both technically outlaws. Hard pressed to think of a Lantern stand-in, other than Bleez or something

Crux would be a good addition since he is a genius and Essence too since she's expert in mystical stuff.

January solicit semi-confirm it.

For the longest time, all I knew about Dolphin was that when I was a kid I had the DC Encyclopedia and her picture in there gave me some of my first boners

Red Hood
Artemis
Bizarro
Creeper
Crux
Essence
Dolphin

The Outlaws would be an extremely dangerous team with this kind of roster.

I'd ditch Crux for a Flash stand-in. Not necessarily another Speedster, but definitely some relation to the Flash Family. Reason why I suggested Pied Piper is because hes a former Rogue who's become a hero, and to my knowledge hasn't done anything in recent memory. He's an expert thief, has red hair, and has an interesting set of sound based gadgetry that can go against speedsters.

Wait does this book actually fall under Bat-Editorial the Nu52 didn’t?

I chose Crux because he can provide the team with a lot of helpful technology, but smartzarro already did built a lot of stuff for them so I guess Pied Piper would have been a better addition.

Orm. He'd bond with Jason over their inferiority complex to their brothers.

Cyborg can eat shit, but if we HAVE to have a token black, just throw in Mister Terrific. He's not morally grey but you don't really have to be. Plus I actually like him.

He's technically living with a human family at this current time and was apparently supposed to encounter Arthur when he was exiled by a Mera doppleganger, who was actually some chick named Siren, but for some reason I guess a rewrite happened and they never met back up.

I could see Ocean Master growing to love humans sorta. He's been with them for at least awhile now.

this bizarro is a different person either way

Chris Conroy is the editor for Tec. Looks like all of Marie Javins' books were moved, Titans and Deathstroke have Cunningham as head editor now.

Can't, Mister Terrific is getting his own team next year which is basically a Fantastic Four stand-in featuring Plastic Man, Phantom Girl, and Metamorpho.

I know, but hypothetically it'd be neat.

Or just throw in Static for the whole "young black kid thrown into the big leagues" that Cyborg had. But he'd actually fit in since he's not a second-stringer that got thrown in with the ACTUAL big leaguers.

You people that asj for Pied Piper, I like you.

He could also be some interesting addition marketting wise because minorities (homo and iirc dissabled, even if I think he was still rich in n52, maybe?)

He is a cool guy and I think he could mix well with Jason as foil.

>Batman - Red Hood
>Superman - Bizarro
>W. Woman - Artemis
>The Flash - Pied Piper
>G. Lantern - Sportsmaster
>Aquaman - Dolphin Girl
>Cyborg - ????

How long before someone decides to fix Suicide Squad -including killing members of the team like it should- and they dump Harley in the Outlaws?

>Cyborg - Gizmo or one of his new52 enemies like Variant

>Batman - Red Hood
>Superman - Bizarro or supergirl
>W. Woman - Artemis
>The Flash -golden glider
>G. Lantern -bleez
>Aquaman - Dolphin Girl
>Cyborg - ravager. >and instead of justice league dark "red hood and the fuck crew or league of tits'n ass"

Ever since the Nu52 they reworked Orm into a much more sympathetic character. He's just a dude who loves his brother and wants to protect Atlantis by any means necessary.

Red Hood and The Heartfelt Family

Thus, a self-fullfilling fallacy (e.g. logic fail).

An Outlaw book, sans Red Hood, could easily exists.

Just as a Super Sons book could exist with someone other than Damian - they could bring Kon El back and do Super Sons with him and Jon. They could give Arthur and Mera either their daughter or son and age him up due to Atlantean magic and then you have Super Sons or Super Kids. Hell, they could do a Billy and Jon book and call it Super Boys

It can't because the outlaws concept was created for Red Hood and he is essential to it.

On a certain level, almost every DC book is a bat book in a way.

The ironic thing is that you didn't notice how you pretty much proved their point with your super sons example.

none. the trio makes for a good number and makes them more focused and well rounded

Creeper is already in

Super Sons can exist without Damian since the book was done mainly for Jon the same way RHATO existed without Roy and Kory because it's a Red Hood book.

welp. it was good while it lasted. time to move on then.

You decided to give up on the book before you even see how it goes first? Don't you people have literally no patience?

Wasn't it the idea to eventually add new people from the beginning

It kind of started recently with the 7 chairs hint.

And to be honest, I don't the new four members will be main characters.

>Guy Gardner
Two gingers on a team is not allowed.

The previous outlaws had two Red headed characters, tho.

>Dolphin acts all flirty with Jason
>Artemis gets jealous thinking Jason wants a more cute, girly girl.
>Gets Bizarro to help give her a makeover
Pls DC.

weren't the outlaws a team way before red hood was slapped on the title?

Nope.

I like the idea

Fuck you, Cyborg is the best Titan.

You're probably thinking The Outsiders.

But the worst Justice Leaguer.

Do you realize that the logo of Super Sons has a prominent bat on it?

Nice digits
>"Bizarro, do you think I'm.....pretty?"
>"Red Her pretty! Pretty like Fish Lady!"
>"....."
>Artemis later stares into a mirror for a good 15 minutes debating if she should dye her hair blonde

Honestly i thought it was going that way when they began to portray the Outlaws as a Trinity akin to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up having something akin to an anti-hero Justice League Roster.

Creeper confirmed for the next year
And it's weird since they said the dark trinity would eventually become a dark JL, and i don't see who the Creeper is supposed to be, but it's a really cool choice

I know she is been teased to join the TT during Metal, but i'd like to see Emiko join

>todd arc
>artemis arc
>bizarro arc
>all arcs have some characters from the other members corner making appearances

It's really just a Trinity book but Jason is the main character so it's closer to being a bat book than anything else.

I like Trinity books and hope that a Wonder Shota shows up and Super Sons can be one as well.

So:

Red Hood - Batman
Bizarro - Superman
Artemis - Wonder Woman
Creeper - ???

Muh patterns!

He's not a psychic and it's analogue is not in the current roster, but Martian Manhunter in some sense, I guess.

>Hard pressed to think of a Lantern stand-in, other than Bleez or something

I guess he fits the "magic" quota like in Titans, TT and Suicide Squad?

Each different arc touches Jason's problems and past in some way, even if it's a secondary element. It's a batbook in that sense. But at this point, Jason is almost his own thing: it's way more dissconected from the batfamilly thant Dick or Danian, or even Kate, and of course, than Tim and Babs. It's a bit like how much initially Grayson"s book was a "batbook", which wasn't a lot and mostly its own spy adventuries thing.

This is thanks to the first RHATO adding a lot of new non bat elements to Jason's background and I would even dare to say, thanks to Countdown making him team up with non batcharaters in multiversical adventures.

Os course, that doesn't mean Jason himself his disconnected from the batfam: he's not and shouldn't be.

Rankorr is the best lantern to join the Outlaws, and i'm going to explain why:

First of all, he is from earth, i don't see why lanterns from other planets would patrol earth.
Then there is the fact he is an actual outlaw, he never liked the Red Lanterns way before Guy and betrayed Atrocitus, beside that, Red Lanterns are a rogue corps.
Also he is red with attitude

Artemis best DC girl atm tbqh

Red Hood
Artemis
Bizarro
Creeper
Dolphin/Ocean Master
Daniel West
Rankorr

May be. But there is not magic user in the JL themselves. Well, Aquaman, I guess?

Used to support Daniel West before the Creeper reveal, since he was the actual dark Flash
Now i think Pied could actually happen

Wait does dc have some offical list of what counts as a bat book?

Wonder how Jason would react to his resemblance to the Joker

I'm guessing it will be an actual plot element in their initial dynamic and eventual arc story, actually. That, and the shared experience of madness, I guess.

I guess this will probably why the solicits says jason is mad at bizarro for letting the creeper in

Could be because he's a reporter, too.

I think the Creeper confirmed that the others member won't necessarily be Justice Legue rip-off

>And it's weird since they said the dark trinity would eventually become a dark JL
I don't think they ever said that.

I wasn't so sure about creeper, but you people made me think there is a potential here for a good story and interaction here.

Definitely.

I eas guessing they allow whatever character Lobdell wants for the team as long as it's a D lister or isn't prominent in another book. So that way the writer can aim for the chatacters that bring good potential to the story despite the crossovers (which I hope he will avoid now) and one-time cameos (like SS. Tec team is probably going to appear now and them across the book, I bet. And I'm counting with Tim showing himself quite a bit, too, given Lobdell story with him, too. More so that writers are writing the robins spending some time in rather friendly terms. King definitely is trying to push Jason as the teasser of Damian, for example, which is very brother-ish. We will see how it follows in Nightwing, because they changed the writer, but Seeley was writing Jasin and Dick in friendly terms too, by that tiny cameo. And Tyrion is probably going to write them as he did so far).

Heh, I don't know why I'm guessing so much about Jason and the other members.

Well, i can see Tim making a cameo in an Annual, if the book survive long enough

As far as I know, RHatO isis well up in the safe zone, loosing not many readers each month, and I think is doing relatively well in trades, too. So I guess we will see at least another annual. Or I hope.

When DC realises Priest should be writing Suicide Squad, though between Deathstroke and JL that might not be for awhile

>Table had 7 chairs
Where was this?

There was a RHATO tie-in to the Death Of The Family shit in 2012