Saturday morning

>Saturday morning
>wake up at 5:54am
>tip toe downstairs, careful to not wake up your parents
>turn on the huge television set in the living room making sure to turn the knob to no sound then to where you can barely hear it
>enjoy quality Saturday morning cartoons for the next 4 hours
god damn, those were the best hours ever spent
EVER
what show did you never miss and had to get up for ultra early for?

I remember training myself to wake up as soon as possible so I didn't sleep in and miss Samurai Pizza Cats at 6. I'd get up a half hour or more before then, and have to wait for the late-night infomercials to end, staring at the "call now" timer in the corner to count down the seconds till toons.

I didn't do that for every show, but SPC was special, occupying a weird niche between funny-animal-comedy and action-adventure, years before I knew what "anime" was.

>Wake up super early to watch Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and Ronin Warriors before WB Kids and FoxKids came on

Who else?

this

pirates of dark water

my parents where cool as shit when i was a kid
they would record my fav shows on the vcr and get blank vhs to record cartoons when they had the chance and even would do it for me when i slept in when i did not mean too

it was a good time to be kid
why don't we have this anymore?

Shit son, I got up early and watched them all. Real Ghostbusters, New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pup Named Scion is Doo, Beetlejuice, Back to the Future, and Carmen San Diego just to name a few.

Because you are a grown ass man

8am was when the good stuff started. Before that was usually dull syndicated stuff. And not even the good syndicated stuff they had on weekday mornings.

We have Netflix, Hulu, and pirating (hue).

for kids today dip shit
i know i have some shows saved on a external just for my 9 year old daughter
so i can try and recreate this feeling
even throw in modern ads to make it seem more real

I remember waking up early to watch some of my favorites, namely Thundarr and Superfriends. I also remember the Spiderman (& His Amazing Friends) and Incredible Hulk shows - those were one at 11am-12noon, and as soon as they were over the cartoons were over for the day, time to go out and play.

This sounds pathetic

Lucky! Of those, my WB affiliate only syndicated Sailor Moon repeats. I'd still go out of my way to watch those, I was super-bummed when they got to the end of Sailor Moon R and started looping again, we didn't have cable so I've still never seen all of S, Super S or Sailor Stars.

every friday. the young queers here don;t know this

>Saturday morning.
>Wake up at 7am
>Head down to the basement to watch cartoons.
>THREE FUCKING HOURS OF SMURFS
>Somehow miss Real Ghostbusters and wind up with yet another rerun of Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show.

I’d watch Sailor Moon but would always wake up too early and have to endure Ronco infomercials.

>tfw I was a child wandering to my mom asking for a machine that’ll cook a brisket in under 30 minutes

When I was really young I'd watch Sailor Moon before school. I really liked Tuxedo Mask. One time when the family went to Shakey's Pizza when still that young age, I acquired tickets to get a cute little see-through plastic, glittery blue circular pencil sharpener with a cut image of Serena's face on it. I carried it in my pocket all the time at school and sometimes walked while looking at it.