Lapis Personalities

Hey there Sup Forums I am trying to make a Lapis/Steven fanfic but I am having many problems making Lapis's personality IC. I know that she doesn't have just one personality (or a real one) but could you help me listing some of her personalities (or personality attemps), you know, sugar version, zuke version, etc.

cum hungry slut lapis: This Lapis has realized she can never beat the cock and is utterly enslaved to it's seductive musk. She will do anything to bury her face in that beefy bologna and sup the sweet nectar from it's tip.

Isolated Lapis: Locked away in mirror during a war she wanted no part of. Forced to sit and wait while she stares out of window to see time passing while she sits in stasis. She has no side because she sorta gotta screwed over by both, and after an eternity she's rescued by goofball teen.

Also big ups for writing a Lapiven, good ones are hard to find.

you're not gonna bet better than this

I don't remember that from the show.

The absolute state of this board.

Just rewatch all the non-Zuke episodes and you'll get a clearer picture of the Lapis most fans fell in love with. On top of semi-shipping her with Peridot (which nobody wanted), Zuke made her too aloof.

Yeah I had thinking in make her huh... jealous and a little posesive about Steven since this a story that take place after of the series... but I don't know if that is IC.

>Also big ups for writing a Lapiven, good ones are hard to find.

Thank you very much if you wanna read it when I write it I gonna call it "King Diamond".

Huh... here is another question. How is or how do you think that would be Lapis romantic interaction with a character from an IC point of view? Is she flirty (image related: I never understood if she is making somekind of flirting with Steven in that scene)? Is she a sweet kind? or what?

>I am trying to make a Steven Universe fanfic but I am having many problems
No kidding

what's the fanfic going to be called?

King Diamond sounds cool.

Well if we're all talking pre-Jasper fusion then I'd be willing to lean toward a somewhat flirt attitude at times but probably used as a way to unbalance Steven for lulz. Otherwise you'd probably get little bits of just heartfelt sweet moments ya know?

If you're going post Jasper then I'd kinda expect the whole hard outer shell mindset to keep people at a distance or even using flirty behavior as a defensive mechanism so she that she'd feel like she has some level of control in a situation. But I might be over analyzing

It's easy to write Lapis around Steven, but if you're going to add more characters and her interaction with them it can get messier.

Also, you might also ask /sug/ on /trash/ for more responses.

Lapis is shit

Get outta here Connie

Huh... sorry but I don't understand.

"King Diamond" It's about Steven becoming in the Lord of the gems and all their planets but his filosofy and ideas cause many problems in Homeworld and gems society. *Cough* Gem Holocaust *Cough* It's gonna be mostly dark humor and Lapiven stuff, I wanna make a comfy and funny fanfic with a good romantic story.

He's being sarcastic

Not to ruin your funky flow user but comfy might be hard to pull off with 'Gem Holocaust' not saying it's impossible though.

Oh thank you for the information about the /sug/ and /trash/ when would be a good time to ask it? (I'm trying to get answers of 4channers and avoid Tumblr shippers)

>but if you're going to add more characters and her interaction with them it can get messier.

Yeah I have to admit it, I am having many problems making her dialogues with Peridot. They don't seems to be a clear relationship except for "we are random friends" (out of zuke writing).

>Dead on the outside and inside Lapis
Not sure where they were going with this lapis, I guess they wanted her to be aloof?

Well Peridot is significantly younger than Lapis so you could play off their difference in experience.

>Not to ruin your funky flow user but comfy might be hard to pull off with 'Gem Holocaust' not saying it's impossible though.

Trust in me I can do it, I have experience, everything that you have to do is show it in a funny way.

More power to ya dude

I'm interested to see what you do with this idea.

>when would be a good time to ask it?
It gets busier during European nights to American Nights. You can still ask whenever you want, but /sug/ is a desert during mornings.

>I am having many problems making her dialogues with Peridot. They don't seems to be a clear relationship except for "we are random friends"
It seems nobody has a clear concept on what the hell it's the relationship between both. It's seems she cares a bit about Peridot, but sometimes seems to be there barely dealing with her.
Try to see their behaviour during The new crystal gems, as it¿s the only scene with both without Steven.

>King Diamond sounds cool.

Wow thanks (lol)

Your analysis is really good and I'm gonna think in a way to take your tips, I think that I feel inclined by the sweet thing but I am trying to be IC and this story take place after of Jasper event. Mm... I need to think a little more about it, maybe I can make something not so dark but not so sweet. I don't know.

There's a multitude of ways to go about it so I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Just good to see Lapiven and Stevidot slowly rising back now that Lapidot got cuffed on the nose.

How the hell do you write a romantic story with a character like that? Anyway, thank you for summarize this version for me user. I gonna look for a way to use this version... I think.

Thanks I gonna save this post, It's gonna be useful to remember when I can get better answers your tips are gonna very useful.

That's a good idea I gonna take a mental note about it: >Lapis is something like a teenager and a slightly wise girl.
>Peridot is like a young girl.

Thank you for your support

One last question guys before I leave to sleep (I have that go to work tomorrow). Huh... would you want some of Stevidot in this fanfic like a romantic triangle?

Just find /sug/ on It's still open 24/7

>Huh... would you want some of Stevidot in this fanfic like a romantic triangle?
I'll be lying if I say I don't want to see that.
I encourage you to do it, what do you have in mind?

>I encourage you to do it, what do you have in mind?

Peridot discovers that she miss the Earth because she is kinda like a complete no one in Homeworld and everything that she has learned of the Earth (like metal powers) are things that all her "sisters" can learn to do. So she falls in love with Steven because he still thinks that she is something special and irreplaceable (something like that), but Lapis is not happy with this approach since she is trying to be Steven's new love interest.

Something like a PearlxRose (Steven)xGreg paralellism (the result doesn't have to be the same) or maybe make to Peridot have a complex about Lapis being special, something like Peppermint Patty and the Little redhair girl. I don't know if these ideas are IC and I suppose that I can change it.

That sounds like fun, I'd love to see how you do it. I'm sure you can create something between those three and not making them ooc
But how will they get to that point in time?

Huh... leave me think about it, I don't really have many details right now... But the story is gonna be called "King Diamond" and I gonna to upload it in archiveyourown or fanfiction, I already have 5 pages.

are you that guy from the general who would lucid dream about lapis? I really miss sug

All right, I'll be watching if you upload it.

The general is still on /trash/, not too active as it's been almost 5 months without an episode

>Lapidot got cuffed in the nose
Did I miss something?
I mean I'm glad and all, but when did this happen

She's a massive slut for Steven.
But Stevens too retarded to see that.

>PearlxRose/LapisxSteven and GregxRose/PeridotxSteven
YES. I can things working this way. Especially with regards to Lapis and Pearl and their relationships with Steven and Rose respectively

Awesome, looking forward to reading it!

An average white teen girl from your highschool, that also suffered abuse by a trusted family member. Probably lower class, not poor or anything, just lower class compared to everyone else.

SU and AT personalities are basic as fuck.

From what I gather from her episodes she's very powerful, resentful, passive aggressive, feels depressed and unmotivated and only Steven's cheerfulness lights her mood. She clearly was an aristocratic gem and Homeworld probably forgot about her after she was put in the mirror.

Also related to the mirror: Can gems feel boredom? Lapis spent thousands of years staring at the sky, Pearl doesn't mind decades-long intergalactic travels, Peridot read hundreds of years worth of reports and Amethyst spent a thousand years playing on a rock...

Lapis is a despicable manupilative hateful egocentrical selfish bastard who only loves steven and the only reason he loves him is because he tells her nice things and cools down her paranoia, because without steven she would be a full blown psycho who would drown the planet because of her petty anger.
Basically write her like the worst being in the universe, like the horrible demon she is.

Would Lapis let Steven pimp her out, if it made him happy?

Steven could literally tell her to shatter herself and she would do it if it made him happy.

>are you that guy from the general who would lucid dream about lapis?

Uuh... No, I'm not that guy. I'm new in this fandom.

Good, ,,lucid dreaming" causes brain damage.

BTW this is a quality thread.
Guess all the tards are on /trash/.

Am... maybe I can describe her like a person who is happy for egoist reasons. Let's say that her happiness could mean the disgrace of other person or persons even when she is not exactly evil, but someone with problems to put herself in the place of others or with a low capacity to look for the interests of others.

Does it sounds IC? (The image don't represent my mood, I sut wanted put an image of Lapis)

Hooray for the thread then. I really was trying avoid the retards of tumblr, neutral opinions are the best when you are trying to understand a character.

Would Lapis threat Steven security during a moment of emotional anger (like a punch or a slap)? Not that she actually hurt him, but would she feels tempted to do so?

Zuke got the boot, and Lapis is gonna fuck off back to space for 'reasons'. From what I heard its because they want to get the Amedot train rolling again.

You could also take the route of both gems just playing different roles in what Steven is trying to accomplish.

Lapis is the chilled out albeit slightly damaged gem that understands Steven's feeling being set apart from the rest of gem kind. She understands how things used to be and would probably drape herself across the furniture like a cat as she gave Steven advise and supported his decisions.

Peridot is the more intelligent yet somewhat immature reverse. She's fairly new experience wise but is incredibly familiar with how home world operates in the current. Peridots the one who can blend in with gem society seamlessly because it wasn't long ago that she was just another gear in this 'machine' she's young and impressionable so it would be easy for her to be swept up in a sort of hero worship for Steven and his ideals. She'd lack Lapis's subtlety and her ability to properly articulate her feeling for Steven but she'd make up for it with what she gets accomplished.

Yeah in fact I remember that Lapis came back because the homeworld was "different" or something

All steven ships are shit but good luck to you, OP.

Homeworld 'progressed' while she spent years upon years trapped in a mirror and it's plausible that the gem rebellion is part of what caused the societal change.

I kinda figured that her no longer being able to fit in with a society that left her behind is why she gravitates to Steven as much as she does. He's an outlier like her and possibly Lapis seems them as being in the same boat.

God-tier interpretation. It's gonna be a little hard represent it in paper with balance, but it gives me a good idea of how use them in the story during their interactions with Steven and each other.

This is gonna be really useful.

Do you think so? I think that Peridot is really good ship and Lapis is not that bad. But anyway I'm here to make good things of shit things.

In fact it was a comfy Thread if you consider how is the Steven universe fandom.

No problem dude

Stevidot and Lapiven don't get enough love and the best way to help them grow is through fanart, fancomics, and good fanfics. Looking forward to what you do with it all.

you need to watch the shorts

Yeah usually SU threads don't stay this chill for long.

Lol Lapis the nazi