So does Aquaman's trident actually do anything special? Besides being indestructible I guess

So does Aquaman's trident actually do anything special? Besides being indestructible I guess.

read comics and find out

It's like the sword in the stone/excalibur iirc, can only be held by the king of Atlantis also it should give control over water/hydrokinesis shit.

I do. He barely uses it.

New Earth it had magical properties Earth-0 it's just really strong, I mean it can hurt Darkseid n shit

Yes Dildo for dolphin and mera

Well, this looks like the thread to ask; does anyone have any pages that display the good and the bad of Aquaman's personality?

I grew up with the Justice League, but with the DCAU version and the period where it was Wally and Kyle on the team and Aquaman wasn't, so Aquachad in the trailers is the closest I've come to proper exposure to the character. Well, that and Injustice, but you don't take anything from there as gospel.

I'm curious if he is worth reading, because all I recall of him in other snippets over the years was 'overly stiff and proud king guy' and 'angry asshole'/Captain Planet of the Water.

I mean Arthur used to mindfuck people back when he was part of JL:Detroit

Does he have hydrokinesis anymore? I think they drop that on occasion to make Mera more useful
I thoroughly enjoyed Johns run on Aquaman. Arthur is kind of neat given that he's the son of two worlds, and doesn't feel fully connected with either. He tries to be this ambassador/middle man, and often doubts being a king (currently lost the throne....again). Really the only home he cares for is a lighthouse with Mera

Aqua Man rebirth is one of the best current ongoings, not even joking, I love what Dan is doing with the character but this is also my first time reading anything relating to Arthur so I might not be the best judge. He's definitely won me over though and I'm going to read previous titles.

They call it Aquatelepathy now or something in the current run. How does Johns compare to Abnett's?

Well unfortunately I havent kept up with current Rebirth Aquaman (plan to buy the trades when their bigger volumes) so I can't accurately gauge it for you. But in my opinion Johns did a wonderful job when he was on the book. It was a great way for new readers to start caring about Aquaman, and the stuff with Black Manta is always good. They tried giving Arthur his own team, The Others, but I haven't read that series and they were just okay.

Aquamarines are pretty fun in Rebirth, pretty much people who can take on shark forms to do tactical missions underwater. I also liked that issue where he fought with Superman and had his own existentialist crisis how people saw him as a joke character.

Abnett is better than Johns for me, Johns was more popcorny but Abnett's is a perfect mix of political intrigue and superhero action.

So we ever getting that Johns Aquaman Omnibus or what?

When the fuck is Rise of the Seven Seas coming? Someone please tweet Johns about that shit.

He better fucking do it with Reis.

I'm 100% sure it was out of print already but I can't be too certain. Pretty pissed about that or they could just be waiting for the movie to release it. I'm holding off on buying the New 52 trades until they decide to reprint the omnibus if not then I'll just get the trades.

Just start reading Aquaman from the beginning of the New 52 up until now. It's all good stuff.

See, it pisses me off because I holding off on trades until it's released. I know damn well it's going to happen, but DCs being cute because they know a wave of new readers is going to come when they see Mamoa's Arthur

Remember when Aquaman gained that hand that was literally made out of water?

Does Aquaman suffer the Blackbolt/Inhumans problem where everyone is such an insufferable dick about how he rules, and how often he loses his throne, that you just wish he would 'tell' (read: rip apart on the atomic level) everyone to fuck off and go dick around with likable characters?

Because from what little I've seen, Arthur usually has it rough, and what snippets of the Atlanteans I've seen show them to be utter pricks.

>Does he have hydrokinesis anymore? I think they drop that on occasion to make Mera more useful
He had it when he had the trident of Poseidon, (the one he has currently is Neptune), iirc pre-FP the trident always had magical properties, post FP Trident of Neptune is just really durable, I guess they took out the magic properties since Arthur got really buffed, I mean he can trade punches with Superman or WW

Kind of. I don't see why Arthur just doesn't abdicate and give the throne to Ocean Master, he's pretty much reverse Loki in this situation. Speaking of which when is Ocean Master going to make an appearance in Rebirth? He's obviously the one who freed Rath but he's been secretive.

Atlantis is weird. Half the time they treat his judgment like the word of God, other half they think he's a dirty half-breed who taints the throne. Atlanteans vary from writer to writer, but generally they're really racist

Johns said he's gonna do 7 kingdom arc for real this time so who knows. I like Orm in rebirth, pretty fucked up how Arthur fucked Orm even though he surrendered peacefully and was manipulated Vulko, atleast he is happy with milf and kid in that one issue of Aquaman.

So he gets treated as close to Black Bolt as the less insufferable writers of DC will allow. Great. Even if I like Arthur I can tell I'm going to hate Atlantis already.

How is Mera? Please tell me she is good and loyal, with no Medusa-like traits?

Dude, Mera and Aquaman are arguably one of the best couples in comics (up there with Big Barda and Scott). Totally not like Medusa. Whether its saving the world, or dealing with political bullshit, the thing that keeps both going is each other

Lel Marvel baby Aquaman has been around infinitely longer than the Shithumans. You sound dumb.

Starting in December DC is going to be reprinting a ton of classic Aquaman stuff leading up to the movie. 2018 we're gonna get a fuckload of reprints of Aquaman, including a ton of stuff that's never been collected before.

>You are new to something and not trying to ask probing questions while putting on a facade of knowledge to impress people on an anonymous Jamaican coffee brewing board
>This makes you sound dumb

Very sorry user. I shall go back to Plebbit immediately.

Awesome. I'll read some of his stuff. Your posts actually tipped me into actual interest rather than just curiosity. Purists will give Aquachad shit, but he managed to get me interested in the actual character.

Are we ever getting Aqua Man golden or silver age omnibuses? I'd love to own those.

Mera is top tier waifu, even suggested killing Black Manta since she knew he'd be an absolute threat later in the future like he's always been and now she's trying to break Atlantis's protective barrier so she can sink the entire entire city for treason against Arthur.

Hey its fine, I personally want more people to read Aquaman. The Super Friends meme gets old

They broke up once during post crisis when Manta killed their kid, Arthur date Dolphin (Mera never stopped loving Arthur tho). They're a power couple in the same league of Clark and Lois desu.

user, Hentai-tier mind sex pheromones weren’t enough to make Mera cheat

Only if you're a villain.

And the only time Arthur cheated was when he was hypnotized into thinking the other girl WAS Mera. And when it wasn't he was disgusted.