How do you go from this

How do you go from this...

Attached: pacific rim 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.77M)

...to THIS???

Attached: pacific rim no weight.webm (1920x790, 690K)

Attached: pacific rim 2.webm (960x540, 881K)

By not having a competent director who actually cares about monsters fighting robots because he loved that shit ever since he was a child. Pacific Rim wasn't as good as it could have been but if you watch the behind the scenes stuff you can really feel what the fun Guillermo was having.

they got upgraded

WAR READY

This looks like fucking power rangers. wtf

Attached: just add water.gif (608x336, 737K)

GET IT ON TILL I DIE
GET IT ON TILL I DIE
GET IT ON TILL I DIE

Is star wars negro really controlling the production instead of Del Toro?

>WE WUZ KANGZ TIL I DIE
>GET IT ON TILL I DIE
>WE WUZ KANGZ TILL I DIE
>GET IT ON TILL I DIE

How did they got away with it

y'all remember me...

Yes. He wanted to appeal to the same core audience.

>robots in original move slow because theyre hundred ton machines like cruise ships
>in se-boot they move like humans get thrown around like action figures

There is an explanation to this, since they're all even more advanced than Stryker Eureka was and it moved the most fluidly of the jaegers. I still don't like the weightlessness though.

>second movie
>second turbine

get it guys?....get it ?

we vidia gaems naw nigga

>seen the movie at least 3 times
>first time noticing the water vapor getting sucked into the reactor

The new movie doesn't look half as detailed.

CGI shit to CGI shit?

the first movie was trash and this one is even worse

grow up you fucking man children, if you didn't see this movie with a kid under 13 with you kill yourself

t. chad alpha male

Del Toro is gone, only involvement in the project is "characters created by"

Boyega is the star and executive producer

WAR READY

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR READY

is this the best damage control boyega can afford

Well the movie is out where I am

And the first hand review says it was not very good.

Some quick translate of what the person said.
>If you like sequels of the transformers movies, you will have to watch this (movie)
>I rank Uprising the second best movie in the Pacific rim/Atlantic rim franchise.

Because Warner's and Legendary got $$$ in their eyes like a Vegas slot machine and didn't care about how the sequel turned out. When del Toro directed the first film he actually cared about how it turned out. This sequel is purely commercial at every level. There's no need for creative control or quality assurance so long as it performs commercially. And these little details saved money in production and are unlikely to cost fans in theaters.

looks like a shitty video game

The sense of scale in PR1 was half the fun. How did they fuck that up so bad?

It's tracking to make less than half as much money as the previous film, which had mediocre bx office returns itself

You're being very generous. It doesn't look like any care or effort's been put into the details in this shit. Even the trailers have obvious clipping because the jaegers are designed so poorly and the animators don't care.