When they kill the internet - Bring back BBS Systems

Any ideas how to counter the killing of the internet?
If (((they))) attack ( could fucking be tomorrow ) and turn the internet useless and we can't discuss the incoming leaks.
We need a alternative to the internet that not many of you got to experience in life.
BBS Systems.
They may kill the internet but I doubt they will kill phone service.
BBS Systems Sup Forums
Any ideas or rich tech people out there who can setup a Sup Forums BBS just in case it all goes down?
If the internet goes down, we only have TV stations and radio shows to tell us what's going on.
We need BBS system/s

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_coupler
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'll be over and we'll still be turning our routers off and on again.

BBS systems dont need routers.
Just anyone out there with old PCs and modems.
They could only stop the connection by killing all landlines.

We are going to have to go back to acoustic couplers/modems.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_coupler

Who actually has a phone line these days? Anybody that's actually interested in maintaining communications should get a ham license. packet radio and radio BBS isn't hard to set up

We have possibly only a few days to achieve this.
The easiest option is to leave it to the older Sup Forums Sup Forums population to take their hoarded old PCs out of retirement and save the world.
Like literally Battlestar Galactica.

>what is Meshnet
FFS son.

While the world's burning all around me, I'll be cooling, playing some Legend of the Red Dragon.

I have that setup too, and enough shitty wrt54g routers to blanket my neighbourhood at least.

I have a fuck ton of old office computers, what do you want me to do?

Ahh I've never heard of this til now.

Though again I stress we have 2 days best.

Is there a easy way I can just immediately connect to one of these
Treat me like I'm a retard
Or this a DIY project I have to spend weeks building?

This is about the election bro

Oh shit I'm fucking ready for the dial up age 2.0

Bring back usenet

i think you meme autistic groper

boom

bantz

sweet, downloading bikini girls and checking them out in cga on my 286

We need to find ways, even multiple ways to transmit information together if the internet gets killed. They are hyping "attacks" in the media that are coming from (((russians))).
It sounds so obvious to me they are going to silence the internet or cripple it so we can only rely on what they want us to know.

This Meshnet sounds interesting but I need to know more.
Old PCs with modems can connect with each other, A Old PC can even act as a BBS System for others to login to. With the right old gear we can setup multiple locations for people to dialup into.
Someone out there might even have a BBS system ready to go.
Though it requires a landline and calling long distance.

I'm only going off of what I remember as a 12 year old playing LORD and USURPER on BBS systems around the country.

Anyone know how to make a black box for long distance modem connections? I cant pay for that kind of hook up.

With the nightmare we have witnessed so far.
Do you think we should leave anything to chance?
I want to know I did everything in my power to save the Republic.
We can make it through this.
MAGA

The main issue with the old BBSs was long distance telephone charges if you wanted to access one not in your area. If you like this idea, you could attempt to set up a Wifi mesh network with your neighborhood or use amateur packet radio.

You just need to use one of the many alternative dns systems and you can continue as normal. But good luck getting normies to enable it so they can read the sites/links. Would have to package it with games and stuff like that without making it malware.

Also the brave soul who is hosting the BBS System will have to give out their telephone number to the world.

man, I miss those days. When the information superhighway was just a dirt road of BBSes, netscape was still in beta, and the idea of the internet was something magical.

>and that Adult Action BBS sysop was going jail b/c some post office employee downloaded naked girl pics with a computer in another state.

Such an innocent time.