Are Cinematic Universes Dying?

It seems like it could happen.

>Feige Starts contemplating the end of the MCU
>The DCEU will focus more on standalone films
>Fox is just telling a bunch of different stories, with jumping timeframes
>Other cinematic universes falling apart before they can begin
>MCU and DCEU box intakes have stagnated

Infinity War, may spell the end of cohesive film universes.

I'm sure the MCU will keep going. GOTG 3 and Spider-Man 2 are already confirmed, and there's no point in restarting to retell the shit we've already seen.

TORTANIC blunder of the CENTURY todd howard rottentomatoes paid reviews shills (((them)))

there, your shitty thread's talking points are made now fuck off back to Sup Forums you faggot

I feel that FOX has no real plan and are just using up what X-Men stories they have left. They are drying up that well pretty fast. DC kind of started as a mess and they can't really cobble something together, what with Robin being killed before we've met him being a big plot point.

>>MCU and DCEU box intakes have stagnated
Wonder Woman, GOTG 2 and Homecoming all did very well at the box office, you kidding?

That'd be a pity. Not surprising, but a pity.

Are you dumb or something? Currently, 3 of the top 5 movies of the year in the US are either Marvel or DC, and by the end of the year, it'll be 5 of the top 10.

Where's Boden & Fleck?

That's factually false

It'll be pretty funny if the MCU gracefully ends itself without making one bad movie while every other studio basically just floundered around having pathetic false start after pathetic false start.

Forget about Star Wars? 4 of them will be marvel or DC with 3 of them being marvel

Did you forget that Iron Man 3 and Thor the Dark World exists?

Also Iron Man 2 and the first Thor movie.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe grew gradually. They had lots of films in place before they did the Avengers. Everyone else seems to be rushing things to grab a slice of the money.
Is Star Wars even a cinematic universe? Transformers and Fast and Furious have a similar number of movies and they are not considered universes.

>Is Star Wars even a cinematic universe?
It wasn't until they started doing spinoff movies that weren't numbered sequels. In which case, it sort of is now

FOX is finally fixing their X-Men lineup by making stories that fit different themes. X-men is the only superhero movie everything else is branching off. Good on them

Nope

>>Feige Starts contemplating the end of the MCU
>>The DCEU will focus more on standalone films

Both literally fake news

An outright lie. GOTG2 was the first MCU film without Iron Man to make over 800mil, Homecoming was the first "origin" movie to make over 800. The DCEU is seeing bigger returns with each subsequent film and Wonder Woman was a big success surpassing all but four Superhero films at the domestic Box office.

Other expanded universes have nothing that really binds them but the MCU and DCEU have literally decades of interconnected works to draw from. They aren't going anywhere.

>Is Star Wars even a cinematic universe?

No. They release a movie a year and you can put them into chronological order. It's not an expanded universe until they start making 2 films a year that run at the same time in universe. It's like saying Rocky is an expanded universe because they made Creed

>marvel or DC with 3 of them being marvel

A. I realize your puny console war brain has been worn down with all those crappy comic books you've been forced to buy out of some stupid sense of 'brand loyalty' to a huge multinational conglomerate while your local neighborhood coffee house and mom and pop grocers are being knee capped in your own home town, but:

1. Star Wars isn't a Marvel property;
2. Leia and Hans are NOT in the MCU;
3. Star Wars has been released as a comic book by any number of publishers NOT NAMED MARVEL;
4. Crediting Marvel Studios or the MCU with one or more Star Wars movies is stupid given that their no reality where Darth Vader will (unfortunately) get the chance to butt fuck Princess ManletMan or force choke some sense into Nick Fury

B. Marvel isn't Disney, Buena Vista is a distributor FOR Disney, which owns Lucas Films, and thus Stars wars, and distributes them all in-house with BV.

C. You might as well credit the MCU for Beauty and the Beast, but EVEN you can realize the IDIOCY, not to mention, STUPIDITY, of that

Fox is just making shit to spite The Mouse and keep the rights.

>Fox is just making shit to spite The Mouse and keep the rights.

Or they're using a property they legally purchased to make profitable movies.

Can someone give me a quick recap of Grant Morrison's shit in a few sentences?

>They had lots of films in place before they did the Avengers. Everyone else seems to be rushing things to grab a slice of the money.

They literally only had one more film than DC. The other cinematic universe aren't rushing either. A problem with Dark Universe is that they're only releasing a film every 2 years.

Go ask

Sup Forums is always wrong though

Good ridance then. The mcu so far's been the only one successfully pulling that everything (just the movies) is connected bullshit. Others fucked it up trying to catch up so better focus on solos or elseworlds. The kaiju universe's looking good though.

>The kaiju universe's looking good though.

It will peak with it's third movie when Kong fights Godzilla. Nobody cares about Gamora or Mothra

>he mcu so far's been the only one successfully pulling that everything (just the movies) is connected bullshit.

Really? Because regardless of quality the first four DCEU films were far more connected than the first four from the MCU

I hope so.

And AoU and GotG2

God I fucking hope so, Sup Forums needs to leave.

>And AoU and GotG2
No. They are not masterpieces, but to say they're as bad as Iron Man 2 or Thor 1, is an overstatement.

But how can it be good if it's not leading to a giant crossover?

Eventually any fad will die, so yeah.

I think we will get less CInematic Universes fro other studios, but I think the MCU and DCEU will keep going on for a while