Brit/pol/ - No Free Movement Of Trade edition

>Ministers Are Preparing For An Early General Election After First Conservative MP Resigned In Protest At Theresa May's Handling Of Brexit Amid Fears More Are Preparing To Quit
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3907356/Ministers-openly-discussing-snap-General-Election-Theresa-ensure-Brexit-goes-ahead.html

>Shill Media Admits That There Is A Chance Trump Could Win
edition.cnn.com/2016/11/04/politics/road-to-270-electoral-college-map-november-4-duplicate/index.html

>PM Urged To Calm Brexit Court Backlash
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37882082

>Al-Qaeda Leader Killed In Drone Strike
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37882010

>We will achieve Brexit, even if it takes an election, a purge of the Europhiles or 1,000 new peers to get there
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/04/we-will-achieve-brexit-even-if-it-takes-an-election-a-purge-of-t/

>High Court ruling on Article 50 will not blow Brexit off course, Theresa May expected to tell EU boss Jean-Claude Juncker
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/04/theresa-may-expected-to-tell-eu-boss-jean-claude-juncker-brexit/

>Outrage as Great Ormond Street hospital worker wishes illness on Brexiteers’ children on BBC Question Time
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3904526/Sack-Outrage-Great-Ormond-Street-hospital-worker-wishes-illness-Brexiteers-children-BBC-Question-Time-revenge-vote-leave-EU.html

>If the Brexit process is put in the hands of Remain MPs, the whole referendum was pointless
ibtimes.co.uk/if-brexit-process-put-hands-remain-mps-whole-referendum-was-pointless-1589729

Other urls found in this thread:

sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-Democrats-improve-on-2012-showing-in-10592239.php
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/Brit/pol//
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37851551
telegraph.co.uk/news/0/what-time-are-the-us-election-results-in-the-uk-and-what-is-the/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/05/tory-mps-and-ex--ministers-call-on-government-to-defend-judiciar/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty#History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for paul

Is he still around? What is he doing?

Even if Trump loses it'll be close enough for me to win about £600, so I'm rather /comfy/ either way.

>tfw in Corbyn's seat

May as well vote UKIP to increase their share right? Unless Conservatives have a change to take it.

I didn't put any money on gambling because I swore off it. It's pretty degenerate senpai.

Early GE?

If May is evasive about immigration, as in saying free movement will end but not saying how much she'll cut it by, then keep voting UKIP.

Only vote Tory if they make a clear concession on immigration.

>odds on trump getting higher

Whats up with the bookies? Even polls are going in Trumps favor... so a bit weird?

Are they scamming dumb hillary supporters?

Do we as Brits send are Brexit energy to the yanks on tuesday?

I'm pretty sure free movement of trade is a binary choice, I don't think there is much inbetween, either we have it in order to get access to the single market or we have access to the single market and don't have free trade.

Stop including world news in the OP, OP.

This is Brit/pol/ not global/pol/.

But since Trump is the only candidate promising a swift trade negotiation with the U.S it is relevant.

has their been any commentary on the judgment?

To me, from I've read of it, it seems a little circuitous.

To say that triggering article fifty requires Parliamentary approval because of principle of legality is to consider to whole matter in a vacuum.

Wasn't the entire point of the Act enabling the referendum to dispense with Parliamentary approval, or at least to make it self-executing upon a 'yes' vote?

how does that work?

I put £50 on trump winning

Big Dem early turnout in florida is making it look less likely for trump I think.

Link? I thought Dems always do well in early turnout but Reps do better on polling day.

He probably voted on him getting a certain percentage of the vote. Like 45-50 or something like that.

State betting, got my money in before the FBI reopened the investigation.

So what's the initial "body count" for tonight at the pub?

>that skin tone under frabric
She knows what she is doing. Dirty bitch.

He's going to be fucking UKIP leader lad.

Yeah, we'll end up like a yank general like on 8 Brit/pol/. They fill their OPs up with yank news and it's full of yanks discussing yank stuff.

If he says something about the UK that would be fine, but your link has nothing to do with the UK.

Calm down

sfchronicle.com/politics/article/California-Democrats-improve-on-2012-showing-in-10592239.php

This is just about california though, apparently the dems are doing worse overall in early voting than in 2012.

Calm, user. Just don't want Brit/pol/ to turn into a yank general.

Brit/pol/ will be dead once Brexit has happened. It's the only thing discussed here.

This thread is simply the embodiment of Farage; a single-policy general.

>Calm, user. Just don't want Brit/pol/ to turn into a yank general.

You must be new here or just highly autistic.

We've been going for years and having links about the US election is fine, it's relevant to the fate of our country. It'll be gone next week, anyway, don't tell you DON'T want to see all the liberal tears from the Guardian&co on the 9th?

>brit/pol/ is discussing the largest event in british politics in decade

How very peculiar user.

Nah, we hardly ever have yank shit in the OP.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/subject/Brit/pol//

You do know user that if we follow the plan and finish in 2019, it will only be another year until a GE. Im sure there will be enough fallout from the end of the negotiations to tide us over.

Brit/pol/ was around for years before the referendum and it will be around for years to come.

Brexit is literally the biggest British political event for decades, and it's going to be years before its resolved.

HERE TO STAY.

Name three policies generally agreed upon amongst Brit/pol/ posters beside wanting to leave the EU.

>Only vote Tory if they make a clear concession on immigration.
>He still believes Tory lies

Literally worse than a Labour voter.

reducing immigration, repeal laws hindering free speech, ban the burqa

1. Limit free movement
2. The countryside needs to be protected
3.Protect free speech

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? Are you complaining that brit/pol/ isn't enough of an echo chamber?

1) Increase immigration as to expose Britain to a variety of different worldviews and opinions, making decision making much more effective.

2) Move to increase the power of the state over the individual in response to the obvious fact that the masses are uneducated and quite literally cannot be trusted to rule their own lives. Both in a political and economic sense.

3) Increase aid to foreign countries, as it is our duty as a rich nation to share our wealth with those less fortunate than ourselves. It is an investment in both the present state, and the future of humanity

Personally I'll either vote UKIP or not at all.

But plenty of people here have flocked to May because she says things they want to hear while taking no action. So it's better to mitigate the damage and hope people have the sense to only vote for her if something serious and specific on immigration is put in a manifesto.

>establish the UK as a white ethnostate
>free trade agreements with the anglosphere
>fixed price on Freddos

>Reduced immigration
>Freedom of Speech
>Freddos

It proves nothing else gets discussed on here you serf

Post yfw freddos eventually cost a pound

>Blairites must be purged
>Pakis as well
>And Poles

It's an EU lobbyist, a Blairite and a gay jew making up laws that didn't exist before yesterday to suit their own globalist agenda at the request of a third world nigger. Do you think these people made an impartial judgement in the best interests of the British people? Of course not. It's the last gasp of globalist arbitrary tyranny as its deathgrip over the UK slips forever. Literally all it is and don't let anyone tell you different.

Here you go, OP.

>What would a Donald Trump win mean for UK politics?
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37851551

>What time are the US election results in the UK and what is the timetable for the night?
telegraph.co.uk/news/0/what-time-are-the-us-election-results-in-the-uk-and-what-is-the/

There's some Trump links for you that's relevant to the UK if you must include them.

>tfw penny sweets will be pound sweets one day

Lets be honest, the UK has pretty much always been a two party system, the Tories weren't about to let that change. Unless the tories really slip up and give UKIP a fighting chance, then they will get screwed over by FPTP every time.

There isn't too much of a point in discussing to death stuff we all know we want and would be good for the country when changes in policy are spurred on by stuff happening or will come up when there is a clear avenue to making it happen. i.e. with Brexit giving us a chance to limit immigration from the EU.

In what way does it prove nothing gets discussed? If we were all in unanimous agreement why would we be discussing it?

Fuck
The
EU

Firstly, referenda have never been binding in the UK, because Parliamentary sovereignty is our highest principle.

Parliament is beholden to follow the referendum result because of electoral pressure and to ensure they represent the will of their constituency.

Triggering Article 50 without an Act of Parliament subverts the law of the state. The Bill of Rights clearly specifies that royal prerogative power cannot be used to suspend or dispense statute. The alternative has terrifying policy considerations - the Prime Minister and the government would be able to enact whatever they liked, because they could completely bypass law and the will of Parliament.

Article 50 will suspend the European Communities Act 1972 and dispense new law, the Brexit Act, so it must follow the statutory law regarding prerogative power.

Calm down mate, you sound stressed.

Lewd and unladylike tbqhwy lad.

Trap 100%

>around for years

No it was invented by gchq shortly after the snowden leaks.

Just after flags were brought in and pol was ruined.

Britpol is cancer full of shills

Pay off national debt

A-and th-then what h-happened next, user?

user-kun? I have to know.

Asking for a friend.

Someone explain: Is Brexit still likely to happen?

The Government needs Parliament's approval for treaty change for the first time in history. That's the fact of the matter. All this bollocks about Parliamentary sovereignty is just a smoke screen to hide what is a pure naked rearguard stalling action by globalist fifth columnists. It won't change a thing. These people and their satanic fantasies will be swept into the dustbin of history and ovened. That is true godly justice.

And then she went out to party. Happy now?

You need to buy in bulk from a supplier. 15p each lad.

>Ministers Are Preparing For An Early General Election

You had one job!

There's no way for it not to happen.

No. It's effectively been put on permanent hiatus by requiring a parliamentry vote to trigger article 50.

It will happen but it will be a watered down version of Brexit.

Yeah. There's no way MP's will ignore the referendum.

Why do people keen saying this? The ruling was that Parliament had to vote on triggering Article 50. Everything else is up to the government.

It isn't a treaty change, it's suspending domestic law (the European Communities Act 1972, plus several others).

Do you want the government to be able to suspend primary legislation as they see fit?

>Tfw I bought one from local paki shop for 30p
>Tfw I went to Sainsbury's the next day and the sell them for 25p

I got mugged off lads.

Yeah but they won't vote to trigger it unless they get more say in what Brexit means.

It didn't stop them doing it at Maastricht against majority opposition in Parliament. Because this whole Parliamentary sovereignty bollocks didn't exist till yesterday.

>not going on a freddo strike

Lad you can buy 100g of chocolate for 30p, this isn't right dammit.

Who is your supplier?

erradicate muslims

> you can buy 100g of chocolate for 30p,
Yeah, of shit tier chocolate.

>telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/05/tory-mps-and-ex--ministers-call-on-government-to-defend-judiciar/

Defend the openly pro-EU judiciary Mrs May, show us your true colours.

Who even buys freddos now, whats the appeal?

Can't be giving away secrets like that.

I could come up short if everyone gets on the Freddo investment craze.

You're assuming that parliament has the right to give away sovereignty in the first place, or that the original vote to enter the Common Market covers the massive movement of people and foreign law imposition that typifies the EU today. Trading conventions between nations is one thing. A Europe wide social engineering experiment is something else entirely.

Meaning that they can hold Brexit to ransom for all they want.

This is probably going to result in two ways;
Government wins the appeal
MPs reject brexit or water it down

I don't really consider the British public to have enough of a voice to ensure a full brexit.

In all seriousness, what do we reckon the chances of Britain becoming fascist in the near future are?

What is the likelihood of the government winning the appeal?

0%

Radical ideologies have never worked in this country.

Patriotic white nationalist conservatism is our best bet, the odds are long on it.

No chance. We have a higher chance of becoming commies.

Fucking with the judiciary is not a good move, they have won this round but Brexit will be ours. The Tories know what's at stake after all.

We'll become some form of "English people come first, wogs fuck off" ism

Your ignorance of the matter is astounding. Parliamentary sovereignty is the orthodoxy of British constitutional law - look up Griffiths, AV Dicey, Bagehot, Tomkins - honestly, Parliamentary sovereignty is the very foundation of our nation.

Parliament never gave away sovereignty to Europe. S18 of the EU Act 2011 makes that clear - "Status of EU law dependent on continuing statutory basis

Directly applicable or directly effective EU law (that is, the rights, powers, liabilities, obligations, restrictions, remedies and procedures referred to in section 2(1) of the European Communities Act 1972) falls to be recognised and available in law in the United Kingdom only by virtue of that Act or where it is required to be recognised and available in law by virtue of any other Act."

This confirms ss2-4 of the ECA 1972, which Lord Bridge discussed in the case Factortame.

Further, the original vote to enter the EC definitely covered the future developments of the EU. The cases of Van Gend en Loos (1963) and Costa v ENEL (1964) showed clearly the direction that the EC was moving towards - a political union as well as an economic one.

These were major cases at the time. We joined a decade after they were cemented into European law.

By having the referendum, we have been able to avoid that. Its countries like France and Germany that have a chance of becoming fascist.

Massively unlikely. The government is asking the judiciary to set aside the Bill of Rights 1689, the very founding document of our modern Parliament.

Don't they still have the price printed on the pack?

Here you go buddy en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parliamentary_sovereignty#History

The 1680s is an interesting definition of "yesterday".

No.

This picture of Nige always makes me feel sad.

If it doesn't stand by for UKIP to replace labour and nationalism to rise.

1. Serve the public trust
2. Protect the innocent
3. Uphold the law

dubocalypse

>Who even buys freddos now, whats the appeal?

reducing immigration isn't enough, we need incentives for emmigration of non-natives

repatriation