Redpill me on Gold Sup Forums

When it all goes to shit, what is this going to do for me, what is gold at the end of the day.

Is it like Diamonds, held in warehouse and slowly released to keep the price up?

BITCOIN

That picture speaks volumes. Only problm with Gold is that its physically heavy, and absurdly exspensive. Also only worth investing when commodities are down.

/thread

>When it all goes to shit, what is this going to do for me
It's gonna be an extra weight so expensive you'll never meet anyone who sell you that much goods for it. Better have JEWelry. And even better - gun and lots of ammo.

I basically live off bitcoin, but i am fucked if they shut off the internet.

What are good commodities to have to trade in the case of a financial collapse ?

diamonds

NOW GOLD COST MORE THAN BETTERONE METALLS LIKE IRIDIUM AND PLATINA

Gold is worthless too, fiat currency is where it is at for countries. But since all the banks keep their reserves in gold, it will keep going up in value.

This

IT ALSO MEAN GOLD INGOST EASY TO FAKE AND HARD TO DETECT

If you buy gold to use in case SHTF buy coins
Silver and copper coins too for smaller purchases
Or you could depend on buying supplies to trade such as tp, menstrual pads and food/water

Because it's not very reactive, corrosion resistant, very malleable (so a little goes a long way), very conductive - it's fantastic for radiation shielding.
Much better than lead. So line your bunker with it.

Nope. Diamonds not. Gems yes, but diamonds hAve very little worth due to the simple facts that their price is severely overestimated and they are hard to appraise. Also how much is on gram of diamonds worth, because I doubt anyone knows how much is a carat.

OK

medicine will have a higher value.
the first thing people will steal is
drugs that get you high so if you stock up on
stuff like amoxicillin penicillin clindamycin suture kits and stuff like that you'll have a good neutral job.
even bad people need stitching etc so you'll be needed.
just don't carry opiates or amphetamines and if you do make sure to never bring it up.

learning how to build stuff will help a lot too.

acquire skills for barter.

to further expand.
Gold is a worthless metal.

silver has antibacterial properties and can be turned into a powder then mixed with ointment to stop infections.

Gold is just an alternate backing to regular currency. ita value is more apparent to governments for reasons of projects and research and a fallback value to its economy, for direct management to their currency's value.

Its use or importance is of no consequence to the layman such as yourself.

Just don't be Canada and stupidly limit your options by selling all your gold reserves

What about drugs ? seems stupid, but really think about it

you are not fucked if they shut off the internet. make hard disk copies of your keys. you can even manually write those down on piece of paper. Be smart buddy, the only real thing backing bitcoin is electric energy and processing power.

In the Apocalypse female virgins have the highest value of all commodities.

start hoarding them in your cellars now.

Right, but when there are bombs exploding around me and you can't even get a piece of bread, I just don't see how some normie is going to want my electronic digits.

It depends on what drugs you're talking about.

Medical would be useful for both yourself and would skyrocket in a shtf situation. Negative would be that as the years go by their stregth is reduced and they can expire.

Illegal drugs such as heroin or weed could also have medical applications. Drug use could go up in a breakdown in society but there could also be pushback like the events in the Philippines. You might not have to deal with law enforcement but it would go both ways.

Gold is useless. There's a fuck ton of gold in space. Gold is only valuable to stupid fucks who are bound to the monetary construct.

This. Ammo will be the currency of a post apolitical world.

literally useless metal.

copper is just as good and everywhere

lol, oh America, never change.

in the us where everyone has guns it will be.

for you, maybe butter knives or w/e your country still allows you to own.

thats not happening in the australian paradise anytime soon. just enjoy your life bro. If you get really afraid, go 75% gold and keep the rest on criptos. try to make it some other cryptos too like ethereum and/or dash.

only good gold is nazi gold or apartheid-era krugerrands

I heard bottlecaps will be currency in a post-apocalyptic world

No. Knowledge and skills will be currency in post apocalyptic world, just like they are in any world. Knowing how to make things that are useful can always be traded or monetized with ease.

If the end of days ever happens you'll probably end up traded your brick of gold for a can of beans when you get hungry enough. Guns and ammo is the way to go for such a happening.

Gold is better since it can be used for a lot more than diamonds that are worthless. Only reason diamonds cost a lot is because of De Beers. The only sell a few to keep the price up. Only thing diamonds are usefull for is cutting other hard stuff and wedding rings. Gold can be used to much more. If the world economy collaptsed then the last thing people would want are diamonds.

Only because Bethesda didn't play the first two games

Damn, that's nice. I gotta give it to you, your women really know how to dress.

I remember they had gold n shieeet, who even has metal bottlecaps any more anyway

This

Nguyen you're drunk go to bed

ANYONE CAN BUY IRIDIUM POWEDER IN INTERNET AND ADD IT TO GOLD WITH SILVER, TO DETECT IT NEED DESTRUCT SMALL PART OF INGOST OR USE LAZER AND SPECTRAL ANALIS, SO SELL GOLD IT VERY HARD

Fuck off gook

>Gold is a worthless metal
Didn't stop us from fetishizing it even back in the stone age.

So why not just convert bitcoins to gold/silver?

>redpill me on X
>specifically against forum rules
>mods do jack shit

It's hard to convert energy into matter

Cigarettes will be the top tier trade item on the planet.
Then water, food, ammo, fuel.

No. unlike diamonds which have very limited industrial use, gold is incredibly important to all manner of electronics. However, if the world falls to something like a CME that destroys the power grid, gold may be worth less.

>Only problm with Gold is that its physically heavy, and absurdly exspensive.
there are other problems

you can't actually divide it into smaller units. the gold units are as useful as the print on them is trustworthy (the bank that issued them).

that said you need several different units of size. the smaller the bar the more expensive it is for you to buy them. it also needs storage and protection.

also good luck in trading them. you need trustworthy partners if shit hits the fan otherwise you could end up trading all your reserves for about 8grams of lead :^)