Jesus Christ

Victor Von Doom looks like THAT?! When did he turn into a Greek Statue?

Sweetie, that's Justin Trudeau.

Justin Trudeau is Victor Von Doom?!

...Fuck you. Now I see it too... Seriously though, Marquez's Doom is ridiculously handsome. He's not just a general pretty boy, he's downright hot.

Like with Hank McCoy going from cat to ape it's likely Bendis either just didn't want to write the character under the same iconic, but in his eye static, image they usually are or felt that by writing a redesign element he'd have "added" something even should his actual writing amount to nothing for the character.

I'd use Quill as another example but that was unavoidable synergy and he's been prone to image change anyway whether or not Bendis got his hands on him.

>I'm still more good looking, r-right Anons?

I thought his thing was that he was attractive but he had a small scar so he decided to use the mask and make things worse on purpose

That's how it was pre-NuMarvel, yes. If it wasn't somehow canon it was so fanon everyone big and small accepted it anyway.

That's his scaring, fucking Latverian drama queens.

>Like with Hank McCoy going from cat to ape it's likely Bendis either just didn't want to write the character under the same iconic, but in his eye static, image they usually are or felt that by writing a redesign element he'd have "added" something even should his actual writing amount to nothing for the character.
Uh, Bendis didn't fix Doom's face. And Bendis isn't an artist either. Beast is one thing because he's a fantastic creature with a distinct look that has changed over the years, eventually taking a form Bendis didn't like and wanted to change to something equally distinct.

But Doom without the scars is just a guy. I seriously doubt Bendis wrote a lengthy document detailing the specifications of his bone structure and find it infinitely more likely that this is simply how Marquez interprets him.

I'm glad you brought up Quill, because the only input Bendis had there is that he wanted him blonde again. Otherwise Quill remained the same scruffy looking guy he's always been. Doom's hair color didn't even change.

>And Bendis isn't an artist either.
I didn't say he was, I said "write a redesign" because that's how it often goes with him doing his spin on something. A character decides to reinvent themselves and we get a splash page of their new look and life and some musing about how much they needed it.

>But Doom without the scars is just a guy. I seriously doubt Bendis wrote a lengthy document detailing the specifications of his bone structure and find it infinitely more likely that this is simply how Marquez interprets him.
If you're infinitely convinced, Victor usually has a very plain look, distinct inspiration seems to have gone into the recent one.

I'd say that one user is onto something about Trudeau.

Eh...

>O-oh ok-okay...

No, it's Vincent Cassel

Mustache bros!

Now I'm seeing both of them at once.

Fuck off Bendis. I was a serious guy with serious stories before you! You ruined everything! YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!

someone didn't read Secret Wars

>I didn't say he was, I said "write a redesign" because that's how it often goes with him doing his spin on something
Yeah, but this isn't a particularly heavy redesign. This isn't Beast mutating into something totally different again, this isn't even Quill getting a hair color that's new in the modern era. This is just Doom, perhaps a bit more handsome than usual.

>If you're infinitely convinced, Victor usually has a very plain look,
That's debatable. The facial structures of characters rarely remain consistent between artists, and I'd wager few have strict guidelines.

>distinct inspiration seems to have gone into the recent one.
Very possible, many artists are inspired by particular faces when drawing a character. I still doubt Bendis had anything to do with it.

If you're that curious, ask him on Tumblr or whatever. If you bug him enough he'll probably give you snarky reply with a kernel of truth to it.

He's too handsome, its sexualized and unrealistic, bruh

>Victor usually has a very plain look
uh ok

>in Marleland this is a Gyppo
How?

>I'd use Quill as another example but that was unavoidable synergy

Except it wasn't. Quill got a makeover before the movie came out because Bendis wanted him blonde like he was in the two or three issues Bendis read in the 80s. Pratt isn't even blonde.

Is that unplain to you? Doesn't seem to have been through the curlers as much.

>that
>plain
>implying artists give a shit about hair type and don't just draw whatever they feel like
mugga bendis is a hack but gtfo with your conspiracies

I find Cassel pretty ugly desu. He's like a narrow faced version of his dad.

According to some authors, Doom's face is only scarred by small cuts on the cheek or something, it's more like his vanity at work than real damage to his face.

Doom always looked perfect, at least until that blasted Richards sabotaged his perfect machine and scarred his perfect face.