/og/ - Orthodox General

If you want go to church but none is close, send an email to Ancient Faith Ministries

>Orthodox pastebin
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

>Form for converts
saintandrew.net/files/catechumen info/Catechumen_Renunciations_and_Affirmations_Form.pdf

>Orthodox cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic services
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic Liturgical hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk

>Media Attacks Orthodox Church
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0

>Putin's faith in his own words
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk

>Verses backing up veneration and intercession
Exodus 18:7
Joshua 7:6
1 Kings 13:6

>Based Patriarch
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

Orthodox Church on immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with the greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce
pravoslavie.ru/english/93828.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxengland.org.uk/zot.htm
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/
workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/
romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/september-26-2015-mass-baptism-in-kiamba-philippines-187-former-philippine-independent-catholic-church-members-baptized-orthodox-christians/
huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/greek-orthodox-church-latin-america_n_7065630.html
johnsanidopoulos.com/2009/12/5000-indians-baptized-orthodox-in.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochian_Orthodox_Christian_Archdiocese_of_North_America#Evangelism
lifesitenews.com/news/notre-dame-alumni-organize-pro-gay-pilgrimage-of-mercy
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/
gatestoneinstitute.org/4059/athens-mosque
alexey-osipov.ru/upload/iblock/bed/bedd2ff4a675d99bc4731a73fa2374f7.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=VFdY5NPtoMY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Catholics
forward.com/news/breaking-news/324654/after-4-decades-jewish-dialogue-with-orthodox-christians-still-shaky/
jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/ADL-Excise-anti-Semitic-liturgy-from-Orthodox-Church
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2008/11/orthodox-bishop-comments-on-recent.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the best bible to read for an Orthodox perspective?

Can you make me a concise answer about the difference between orthodoxy and catholicism?
Am curious to which one is righter.

Jesus was not black
Pic related oldest icon of him

King James.

If you want an Old Testament that accords with the Septuagint, there's this: orthodoxengland.org.uk/zot.htm

Consider this quote, also from Ambrose

>He, then, who before was silent, to teach us that we ought not to repeat the words of the impious, this one, I say, when he heard, ‘But who do you say I am,’ immediately, not unmindful of his station, exercised his primacy, that is, the primacy of confession, not of honor; the primacy of belief, not of rank. This, then, is Peter, who has replied for the rest of the Apostles; rather, before the rest of men. And so he is called the foundation, because he knows how to preserve not only his own but the common foundation...Faith, then, is the foundation of the Church, for it was not said of Peter’s flesh, but of his faith, that ‘the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.’ But his confession of faith conquered hell.

Is icon of Saint John the Baptist.

Ten differences between Orthodox and Catholicism.

1. Orthodox reject inheritability of sin. Death and suffering are human nature, we only don't suffer them when partaking in perfect synergism with God's energies, which we haven't since the fall.

2. The Orthodox reject the "satisfaction theory of atonement". The Orthodox subscribe to "Christus Victor" (the idea of atonement illustrated in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).

3. Hell in Orthodoxy is not separation from God. Hell, like heaven, is experiencing the full radiance of God's light and presence, but with a negative relationship so that it is like fire.

4. The Orthodox reject the idea that our understanding of dogma develops. The idea is to keep the exact same understanding the Apostles have, invented terminology is not meant to develop the understanding, but to PROTECT it from being "developed".

5. Catholics define usury as excessive interest, Orthodox define usury as any interest.

6. The Orthodox reject the Catholic idea of supererogation.

7. The Orthodox reject Purgatory. The Orthodox do, however, distinguish Sheol (called "Hades" in Greek) from Gehenna.

8. Orthodoxy places enormous emphasis on fasting, in fact more than half the days of the year involve some sort of fast. And there are even some days which are total fasts, no intake, period. Two consistent fast days (almost every Wednesday and Friday, no meat, dairy, eggs, fish, oils or wine) trace back at least to the Didache.

9. Orthodox draw most of their priests from the married laity, but most of their bishops from monks.

10. Infants can and do receive Holy Communion.

>bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
mfw

silly goyim

Interesting trivia: the three letters you often see in Christ's halo, in Orthodox icons, are the Greek translation of YHWH.

This is one thing which makes Orthodox church stand out to me, it hasn't been modernised and changed to pander to the masses.
Also this bit on Wikipedia caught my attention:
>The Orthodox Church presents a view of sin distinct from views found in Roman Catholicism and in Protestantism, that sin is viewed primarily as a terminal spiritual sickness, rather than a state of guilt, a self-perpetuating illness which distorts the whole human being and energies, corrupts the Image of God inherent in those who bear the human nature, diminishes the divine likeness within them, disorients their understanding of the world as it truly is, and distracts a person from fulfilling his natural potential to become deified in communion with God.

It's kind of how I feel, a spiritual sickness.

No Orthodox churches in my parish though. I'm not even a Christian lol.

>Mfw orthoducks are still salty about the Big Catholic Cock penetrating the defense of Constantinople

Can't speak for all of Orthodoxy, but we're generally taught that the crusades were a great thing with the caveat that the fourth crusade's sacking of Constantinople was an unfortunate tragedy perpetrated by (((Venetians))).
MFW we're the new crusaders. Feels good brah.

I guess if you like geometry. The connection between the dual torus geometry of the holographic replication plenum transpiring in an event horizon vaguely resembles the cross designs on the globus cruciger and the cross in a saint's bodhi ring. Strong resemblance with Salvator Mundi too. How curious ...

Yes, we do have a very distinct hamartiology compared to the rest of Christendom.

Teuton Crusade was just the eternal German though. At least we repelled that.

How do orthodox christians respond to attack regarding their complete failures in evangelization?

Orthodoxy's stock is rising as the Catholic Church and Protestant denominations are increasingly turning into secular feelgood NGOs if not downright embracing globalism.

I'm okay with this.

romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/philippines-february-3-2016-99-baptized-in-mass-baptism-into-orthodoxy/

workersectingreece.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/december-2015-new-orthodox-baptisms-in-philippines-two-filipino-protestant-bishops-four-pastors-and-their-flock/

romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/september-26-2015-mass-baptism-in-kiamba-philippines-187-former-philippine-independent-catholic-church-members-baptized-orthodox-christians/

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/greek-orthodox-church-latin-america_n_7065630.html

johnsanidopoulos.com/2009/12/5000-indians-baptized-orthodox-in.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochian_Orthodox_Christian_Archdiocese_of_North_America#Evangelism

>Teuton Crusade was just the eternal German though. At least we repelled that.
pic related.
>How do orthodox christians respond to attack regarding their complete failures in evangelization?
I hear this a lot from people of other faiths. We do a fair bit of evangelization, but I don't know how we actually compare to, say, Roman Catholics. What I do know is that I see WASP converts coming in at an almost exponential rate as time goes on; I think if our evangelization efforts were bad at one point, they've picked up ever since the OCA was established in America.

I myself had a spiritual malaise come over me like this user mentioned and then found Orthodox Christianity via Sup Forums a few years back; there's one anecdotal story I guess.

>Converting Cathoolics
You're like the Proddies you're too coward to convert the pagans or the muslims, thus you aim the Catholics because they will not murder you.

Dude you posted the sam event 5 times and then a bit here and there.

It's literally nothing compared to catholic and protestant levels of spreading their religion.

How much is your belonging to the orthodox simply LARPing?

>I think if our evangelization efforts were bad at one point
That was mainly due to language barriers.

Antiochians are also very high rate of converts in the U.S.

Bump 4 Holy Orthodoxy.

>It's literally nothing compared to catholic and protestant levels of spreading their religion.
They set up a massive colonial framework we never had, as well as imposed their languages, whereas we have to learn new languages in order to spread. I'd rather keep the Orthodox way of converting people, which is often more demanding, than go with the Catholic of Protestants method (the latter of which is basically the fast food of religious conversion).

Daily reminder: the Catholic Church is the One, True, Holy, and Apostolic Church.

Daily reminder: the Orthodox are brothers, but nonetheless schismatics.

If you are Western European, or from the New World you rightfully belong to the Roman Rite. If you happen to be interested in Orthodoxy, instead go Eastern Catholic which is similar but in communion with the successor of Peter. Or better yet attend Latin Mass.

WARNING: Do not fall for the /Christian/ threads which are made by Orthodox to convert Catholics who are weak.

>Dude you posted the sam event 5 times and then a bit here and there
By the way, that's not the same event, those are distinct events. Four of them were last year, one was this year. They're multiple mass baptisms, I guess you just didn't bother to look. And the other links were not simply "a bit".

>How much is your belonging to the orthodox simply LARPing?
How do you mean?

>NEW YORK, September 23, 2016 (LifeSiteNews)—A Catholic parish is promoting a pro-homosexual “Pilgrimage of Mercy” and not planning on denying its participants Holy Communion when they attend Mass as part of the pro-LGBT event in October. The parish is also hosting a speaker from the nation’s leading homosexual lobby group, the Human Rights Campaign, today. The Archdiocese of New York declined to comment on both events.

>On September 22, the parish sent out a mass email advertising the LGBT event.

>“Join us on Sunday, October 2 for a pilgrimage to celebrate and recognize LGBT faithful Catholics in the United States during this Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy,” the announcement to the parish email list said. “The pilgrimage begins on the Upper East Side at 69th St and 5th Ave, proceeds through Central Park, and ends at St. Paul's in time for the 12:30PM mass. This event is organized by the Gay and Lesbian Alumni of the University of Notre Dame and St. Mary's College.”

lifesitenews.com/news/notre-dame-alumni-organize-pro-gay-pilgrimage-of-mercy

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

>In 2014, addressing a question raised on the family, he argued that church doctrine can change over time, and "doesn't depend on the spirit of time but can develop over time." "Saying that the doctrine will never change is a restrictive view of things," Marx later clarified at a Vatican press conference. "The core of the Catholic Church remains the Gospel, but have we discovered everything? This is what I doubt."[12]

>We have to respect the decisions of people. We have to respect also, as I said in the first synod on the family — some were shocked, but I think it’s normal — you cannot say that a relationship between a man and a man, and they are faithful, [that] that is nothing, that has no worth,

>He said it was up to the state “to make regulations for homosexuals so they have equal rights or nearly equal . . . but marriage is another point,” adding that the state “has to regulate these partnerships and to bring them into a just position, and we as church cannot be against it

>The history of homosexuals in our societies is very bad because we’ve done a lot to marginalize [them],” he said, adding that as a Church and as a society “we’ve also to say ‘sorry, sorry.’

>A Christian brother and sister from Syria felt blessed to have been among the dozen refugees selected to start a new life in Italy — but now say their savior, Pope Francis, abandoned them on a Greek island, according to a report.

>Their dreams were shattered when they were informed the following day that they would not be traveling to Rome. Instead, three Muslim families were taken.
nypost.com/2016/04/22/pope-francis-reneges-on-offer-to-take-in-christian-refugees/

>Pope Francis has hailed the election of London’s first Muslim mayor in a wide-ranging interview with a French newspaper.

>"When I hear talk of the Christian roots of Europe, I sometimes dread the tone, which can seem triumphalist or even vengeful. It then takes on colonialist overtones," Pope Francis said.
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/pope-francis-hails-election-of-sadiq-khan-as-mayor-of-london/

Even when your people colonized place they never converted the natives.

See, alaska for example.

orthodox is THE strain of christianity for anyone properly right wing.
How much do you follow that religion just because of that?
In other words, how much of it are you pretending?

from Vatican II

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

>WARNING: DO NOT FALL FOR CHERRY-PICKING

Our Orthodox friend perhaps forgot to add that an openly homosexual priest was banned by the archbishop, among other details. Coincidence? Or usual Orthodox lies...?

Read for yourself, DO NOT believe these people.

>Even when your people colonized place they never converted the natives.
That's because we didn't use force. We absolutely converted many natives there, we just didn't do a total conversion. Also, instead of forcing our language on them, we rather took the time to translate Scripture and Liturgy into their language.

Hey come on, let's not fight. We generally really liked your last papa pope. What's wrong with creating a thread?
>If you happen to be interested in Orthodoxy, instead go Eastern Catholic which is similar but in communion with the successor of Peter.
I hear that the Byzantine Catholic (Roman) is nearly identical to ours, but I've never seen it. I've seen their churches and they look like ours, right down to the icons. The problem, of course, is all the Roman baggage the Byzantine Patriarch has to accede to.

Slightly related, the Orthodox Western Rite is very different from the Roman Catholic masses I've personally seen though.

>Sylvia also notes that, in the spirit of reconciliation, Pope Francis went so far as to praise Martin Luther as a great reformer. Luther was long deemed a heretic by the Catholic church.

>Pope Francis on Monday recognized the positive aspects of the Reformation sparked by Martin Luther in a further gesture of reconciliation to Lutherans, who split with Rome 500 years ago.

>[Luther] was intelligent and took some steps forward justifying, and because he did this. And today Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on the doctrine of justification. On this point, which is very important, he did not err. He made a medicine for the Church, but then this medicine consolidated into a state of things, into a state of a discipline, into a way of believing, into a way of doing, into a liturgical way and he wasn’t alone; there was Zwingli, there was Calvin, each one of them different, and behind them were who? Principals!

>With gratitude we acknowledge that the Reformation helped give greater centrality to sacred scripture in the (Catholic) Church's life.

still inefficient af
Haven't you, based on your religion, basically condemned most of those people to hell because you wanted to take it easy and slow?

>Gerd Eva Cecilia Brunne (born 7 March 1954) is a bishop in the Church of Sweden. She became the Bishop of Stockholm in 2009. She is the first openly lesbian bishop of a mainstream church in the world and the first bishop of the Church of Sweden to be in a registered same-sex partnership.

>In September 2015 Brunne proposed the removal of symbols of Christianity, including crosses, from the Seamen's Church in Stockholm Harbor, to open the church to worshipping sailors of all beliefs, and to mark the direction of Mecca as a service to Muslim visitors.[12][13][14] [15]

The Pope literally celebrated "Reformation Day" with these people.

Ever been to an Eastern Catholic monastery? They have guitar and piano concerts and try to be tourist attractions.

And ended the event with even more division when he gave these heretics a clear 'no' on women's ordination, and they subsequently freaked out.

Orthodox, unlike Latins, do not claim to know who's going to Gehenna. But force-converting someone sure won't help your own case.

>Orthodox, unlike Latins, do not claim to know who's going to Gehenna

Oh come on don't play that game.
Isn't belief in christ required to get in heaven?

>But force-converting someone sure won't help your own case

Maybe not for the first generation but for the second? Definitely more efficient.

>I hear that the Byzantine Catholic (Roman) is nearly identical to ours,
I meant their liturgy is nearly identical.

>orthodox is THE strain of christianity for anyone properly right wing.
Yeah that makes sense, I think.
>How much do you follow that religion just because of that?
>In other words, how much of it are you pretending?
Oh, like how some people join a religion because they appreciate it's civilizing effects but don't initially believe any of it?
I know several people like that and respect their decision to join a church purely to raise a family. Faith sometimes (always) comes (came) later for those people. Is that what you mean? If so, no, I converted because I believe.

*CROSS REMOVAL INTENSIFIES*

gatestoneinstitute.org/4059/athens-mosque

Reporting. Stop posting here papists. We're sick of you. You are an NWO disease. You have been infiltrated by Marxists and literally evil Jesuits. The founder of the Jesuit order was literally a satan worshipper and was the forebear for all secret babylonian mystery religion organizations that exist today.

No one wants your trash, Catholics. Run away from that murderous evil religion. Americans ran an ocean away from your secret police Jesuits and papal yoke genocides. Fuck you. Fuck your evil Babylonian religion.

Read this

>Oh, like how some people join a religion because they appreciate it's civilizing effects but don't initially believe any of it?

Yeah, that.

>I converted because I believe.

Because of arguments, religious experiences, something specific?

>Isn't belief in christ required to get in heaven?
No one goes to heaven except through Christ. He is God, after all.

>Maybe not for the first generation but for the second? Definitely more efficient.
It's also not the Apostolic way to convert people, and therefore unacceptable.

reminder

ORTHODOXY YES !!!

>No one goes to heaven except through Christ. He is God, after all.

So unconverted people can't go to heaven.
So by not converting many people, you're basically condemning them to hell.

Fuck you papist. Catholicism is an NWO disease. Loyala was a devil worshipping secret-police murderer and your pope is his follower.

This is one bishop, with plenty of others to contrast him with, as compared to a picture of your *Pope* and words from a council you deem Ecumenical. We also have plenty of bishops in Greece who are on the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

This is why orthodoxy is far superior. What is this supposed to remind us of? Only church that has steadily growing numbers - protestantism is crashing down, catholic church slowly fading

This isn't a contest anymore.

I like the Georgian Orthodox Church logo.

Also, the Pope in question was *canonized a saint* by the RCC

No one goes to heaven except through Christ. Whether or how they might go through Christ, we don't speculate on, because we know that plenty we not expect in heaven will wind up there, and plenty we do not expect in Gehenna will wind up there, and if you speculate, that inclines you more toward the latter.

>Ethnophyletistic eastern schismatic church

A great deal of these are outright lies, so I guess not.

Reporting. Stop posting here slavists. We're sick of you. You are a schismatic disease. You have been infiltrated by Leninist-Marxists and literally Soviet commies, and Kremlin. The Orthodox are nothing more than schismatic ethnocentrists.

No one wants your trash, Orthofox. Run away from that subverted schismatic religion. Fuck you. Fuck your evil schismatic, ethnocentric religion.

>Haven't you, based on your religion, basically condemned most of those people to hell because you wanted to take it easy and slow?
That's a Roman Catholic idea; it doesn't work like that for us. pic related.
>Ever been to an Eastern Catholic monastery? They have guitar and piano concerts and try to be tourist attractions.
That's unfortunate; are they the same as the Byzantines Catholics? The churches I've visited felt similar to Greek Orthodox Churches, but again, I never experienced a liturgy there so can't really compare.
>Isn't belief in christ required to get in heaven?
No, pic related. Don't Roman Catholics have the same icon somewhere?
>Because of arguments, religious experiences, something specific?
All of the above; I lurked Sup Forums around gamergate blowing up and threads like this started popping up in catalog. Prior to gg shitting up the board, I was in Atheist-land but was miserable. Thought I had looked at everything on the table in Christian ville; because history matters to me, I spent most of my time attending Roman Catholic mass trying desperately to believe any of it. Then Orthodoxy showed up out of nowhere; I didn't even know it was a thing. Attended mass and BAM, felt like I was home.

The arguments for the church never changing got me in the door, but it was the spirit that made me realize it was my destination. It's embarrassing, but I hear a lot of WASP (white anglo saxon protestant) have similar experiences.

>pic related.
shit, here you go.

Dude what you're saying here is basically the same thing that catholic bishop you quoted before was saying.

Roman Catholicism is an NWO Disease
Jesuits are murderers and Loyola was a devil worshipper
All Popes who claim infallibility are obvious blasphemers.

There is no compromise possible with such a philosophy as Roman Catholicism. It is absolutely false, and its arrogant followers are the followers of satan.

>Roman Catholic Church is not : "The One ,Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church"

>Also Orthodox Catholic Church is the official name of "eastern" orthodox

pleb

>This is one bishop,

This is Head of the Greek Orthodox Church and there the Greek Orthodox Church is the state religion*

Orthocucky is inherently cucked since it receive its orders from the state while Catholicism only receive his order from God's Chosen and Christ's Vicar which is the Pope.

>Reporting. Stop posting here slavists.
I'm anglo brah.
>You have been infiltrated by Leninist-Marxists and literally Soviet commies
mfw

>Christfags

If belief in christ isn't required to get into heaven, what's the point of converting, exactly?

Should I call the church before I go? And what kind of things might a newb need to know for liturgy? Does woman or men have to wear certain stuff etc?
>been looking into Orthodox and it seems to be the place right now
>how to tell if local church is tight with the Patriarch?

>ORTHODOXY YES !!!
pic related.
>This is Head of the Greek Orthodox Church and there the Greek Orthodox Church is the state religion*
It doesn't work like that; he's not the equivalent of a pope. Everything in Orthodoxy works by consensus; for example, we routinely ignore things the ecumenical patriarch says all the time.

For those of you who REALLY want to know about orthodoxy alexey-osipov.ru/upload/iblock/bed/bedd2ff4a675d99bc4731a73fa2374f7.pdf

(book)

hahah that's literally true though. Jews are the Synagogue of Satan. They aren't God's chosen people--they rejected the law of moses and followed the Rabbis and the Talmud. Does anyone deny the adverse impact of these Talmudists on any country they plague? Faggotry Rife. Usury Rife. New Age Babylonian Satanism Rife. On and on.

>Low-birthrate-we-will-soon-become-extinct-atheicuck

Frenchbro what is your opinion of the new Orthodox church built by the Eiffel tower?

not an argument proddie

I think this settles it. If a Roman Catholic priest so much as urged Jews to convert to Catholicism he would be either ostracized or excommunicated, let alone talking about Jewish conspiracies and the holocaust.

Inb4 Bp. Williamson. He's all but officially excommunicated.

>orthodox shits massacre all catholics in constantinople
The only contemporary source for the Massacre of the Latins is William of Tyre. Contemporary Venetian and Genoese sources only mention great damages and an expulsion of merchants and moneylenders.

>patriarch is kekked
No, several Patriarch were martyred, and the current one is openly critical of the Turkish government
>"muslim friendship dinners"
That's a lot better than what you do, which is kissing the Quran and praising Muslims in Ecumenical Councils

Yes, Peter persecuted the Church, that hardly means he had dogmatic authority over it or that there was no resistance.

>clergy infiltrated by KGB
Nice lies, Soros

Let's go over the Catholic history, shall we?

>Emperor Justinian calls Fifth Ecumenical Council
>Pope Vigilius refuses to sign off
>Emperor throws him jail
>Pope submits
>during pornocracy, the Pope gets the Patriarch of Constantinople exiled for refusing to grant the Emperor a fourth divorce
>Charlamage tries to force Leo II to add Filioque, Leo II forbids it and puts creed in silver plaques without filioque to give absolute affirmation
>later Pope Benedict VIII gets so pressured from Henry II of Germany he adds it
>Catholics say it means Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son as *one principle* while still pretending it means "through the Son"
>former means the Spirit originates with the Son, latter means the Spirit always acts through the Son
>Romans claim former in Council of Lyon, even though this is blasphemy, since the Trinity have one will and activity, the Father's will and activity, and if the Spirit proceeds from the Son, it means he furnishes the Father's will and activity
>later Pope forges "Donation of Constantine" and uses it to get rulers in the West to submit to him
>East says no, though, so Pope destroys the Eastern Roman Empire
>in the West, Pope starts literally having people tortured to confess to heresies, and has them burned for confessing under torture

Secret of Fatima
>apostate church
Pedosta emails
>pizza parties with the "Pope"

Yeah man. RCC sure redeemed itself for all that baby rape. . .

The church has been fluid over the centuries. I think Jesus if anything would've advocated against organized religion as he whispered to the community, (not selling tickets at auditorium) but the point is Orthodox seems to represent Christians best right now.
Even at one time other church movements might've been trying to fight the same evils.
>money changers from the temple

You know?

But still I think any true or real faith in Christ should be respected. But saying one is better it right or wrong or u go to hell cause 'wrong church'. That's obviously divisive. Who is divisive again? Not Christ.

So look in yourself and what your church represents. If u feel it's good enough for u that's all that matters.

NWO trick to fuck us probably. Looks like a jew-cube.

But it's too late for satan to catch me. I found my church, my priest is based. Remember fellows, it all started with 12 apostles.

The stuff you listed on the bottom is how we know beyond a shadow of a doubt Roman Catholicism is of the Devil. Any one of the RC people who come on here would be wise to run from such a thing as the RCC.

>If belief in christ isn't required to get into heaven, what's the point of converting, exactly?
I think Roman Catholics have a similar concept, but I'm not sure of their particulars.
Here's the Orthodox perspective (I'm laity so keep that in mind).
The issue is three-fold:
First, all of those who lived in ignorance of Christ can be saved after death (as Christ did for all those who came before when he descended into Hades)
Second, if we can agree that there is a minimum quality in evangelicism that must be achieved, then we should also agree that care must be made when proselytizing. In other words, dunking someone in a pool and declaring them baptized without them ever learning a thing about Christianity does not a believing Christian make.
Third, some number (maybe a lot, maybe a few) of Christians will not make it to heaven despite their outward appearances (related to the second point). Think Hillary Clinton.
Secret fourth point: if parents were converted by the sword, what weird shit do their progeny eventually come up with which spawns heresy and endangers the soul? Look at Mexican Roman Catholics and their weird death cult for a horrifying example of such.

And you don't even mention the evil of the Jesuits or the other secret Babylonian organizations that it inspired such as the illuminati.

I don't live in Paris so i've never see it with my own eyes, but the architecture is shit, it looks like a mosque imo

youtube.com/watch?v=VFdY5NPtoMY

>He doesn't know about Catholic Hebrews

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_Catholics

What are you talking about? Are you schizophrenic?

Also, the ROC is a Kremlin agent, before that it was completely Soviet-controlled. The church I mentioned is funded by Kremlin.

>Catholics today said it's "not that bad"
>Pope starts actually charging to forgive sins
>Catholics today say it's "not that bad"
>have homoerotic paintings inside churches, such as the Sistine Chapel
>Pope issues certificates that say you don't have to follow fast days if you buy this certificate, uses money to build the "butter tower"
>Catholic Church, for obvious reasons, is increasingly seen as corrupt
>increasing torturing to compensate
>Pope falls completely for the Third Temptation of Satan, and tries to make himself the ruler of this world in a globalist hegemony
>triggers Thirty Years War by doing so
>centuries later, Catholic Church realizes they screwed up royally
>tries to compensate with a new, modernist image, all the while in bed with the murderous Masonic Lodge know as "Propaganda Due"
>changes the direction of the priests, because Protestants will like it
>Ecumenically declares Muslims are to be esteemed
>Pope venerates and kisses Quran, even though Catholics don't have to deal with Muslim occupation
>Pope JP, who kissed Quran and protected a rapist from Ratzinger's investigation, is declared a saint
>meanwhile the Orthodox fight against Muslim aggressors and openly defy them
>Catholics completely throw out any substantial fasting, because maybe that will make Protestants like them
>Pope openly praises Luther and says he was right about justification
>Catholics need to lie about Orthodox to feel better about all this

This is fucking false. Belief in Jesus is absolutely required to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven in Orthodoxy. This poster has no idea what they're talking about. Speak to a good priest if you want to know. This person is probably LARPing or is some sort of devil, jesuit, double agent etc.

>Ecumenical Councils
Vatican II was a PASTORAL, which it's shit and don't change the faith, It's merely a joke and the Church will return to true Catholicism once the West collapse.

i can't find it on the map it's too new, does it really strikes the eye that bad?
anyone who want to see the eiffel tower now have to see this huge orthodox cathedral? lmao.

>Vatican II was a PASTORAL, which it's shit and don't change the faith,

Vatican II was a PASTORAL council, which mean it's shit and don't change the faith,

Fixed

Soros, please go. The Bolsheviks tried to control the Church, but the clergy wouldn't have it, so most were imprisoned or killed. The Soviet-run Church (called the "Living Church"), did not attract the laity, though, because they knew it was phony. But Stalin needed the Church for a morale boost, and therefore turned it back over to the imprisoned clergy during WWII, and the clergy who defected had to do the penance of Apostates to get their positions back.

Vatican II is officially an Ecumenical Council. And it does absolutely alter doctrine.

Yes. Very ugly, not traditional Orthodox architecture at all.

At least it's not a mosque...

From the Jewish-Orthodox Christian dialogue last year

>Deciding to finally address the “elephant in the room” in his closing remarks, the head of the Jewish delegation, Rabbi David Rosen, called for the Orthodox Christian leaders to issue a statement on the status of the Jewish people.

>“A doctrinal repudiation that the Jewish people had been rejected by God could have enormous consequences,” said Rosen, the international director of interreligious affairs at the American Jewish Committee.

>Rosen’s request was met with silence, raised eyebrows and the occasional shake of the head by the Christian delegates.

forward.com/news/breaking-news/324654/after-4-decades-jewish-dialogue-with-orthodox-christians-still-shaky/

No one cares about your whore of babylon religion. Jesuits are satanists. Its founder Loyola went into a cave and met the devil--then he went around torturing people as part of a Catholic order of secret police that were given special dispensation to pillage and burn people to death. Satanism!

ROMAN CATHOLIC SATANISTS GET OUT OF MY THREAD REEEEEEEEE

>The New York-based Anti-Defamation League on Thursday urged the world's Orthodox Christian leaders to support a Christian proposal to excise ancient anti-Semitic passages from their liturgy.

>Unlike the Catholic and Protestant Churches, the Orthodox Church has never removed anti-Semitic passages from its liturgy, which still refers to Jews as Christ killers, said Dr. Dmitry Radyshevsky, director of the Jerusalem Summit, a conservative Israeli think tank. He noted that the anti-Semitic passages were most conspicuous during Easter services, and included such statements as "the Jewish tribe which condemned you to crucifixion, repay them Oh Lord," - which is repeated half a dozen times during the liturgy - "Christ has risen but the Jewish seed has perished" as well as references to Jews as "God-killers."

jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/ADL-Excise-anti-Semitic-liturgy-from-Orthodox-Church

This guy is based, though

>Russian Orthodox theologian and bishop Hilarion (Alfeyev) of Vienna's lecture on "Theological Education in the 21st Century"

>Even more inadmissible, from my point of view, is the correction of liturgical texts in line with contemporary norms. Relatively recently the Roman Catholic Church decided to remove the so-called 'antisemitic' texts from the service of Holy Friday.
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2008/11/orthodox-bishop-comments-on-recent.html

>I don't live in Paris so i've never see it with my own eyes, but the architecture is shit, it looks like a mosque imo
The reason for that is that most Islamic architecture was taken straight from Christianity. You see that a lot with other aspects of Islam; the prostrations are something the Antiochian Orthodox do to this day, for example.
>This is fucking false. Belief in Jesus is absolutely required to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven in Orthodoxy.
Like I said, I'm laity, but here you go Bishop Kallistos Ware, a britbong, talking about non-Orthodox who can be saved:
>While there is no division between a `visible' and an 'invisible' Church yet there may be members of the Church who are not visibly such, but whose membership is known to God alone. If anyone is saved, he must in some sense be a member of the Church; in what sense we cannot always say.
The Orthodox perspective on pretty much all theology not explicitly revealed to us is to shrug and say "maybe, I don't know."
What we do know is that Christ descended into Hades to save all the pagans that came before; those who believed were saved.