desuarchive.org/co/thread/78076002/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw you misssed all of phase 1 so you're just hanging and posting

Hi OP

This is where we really start to ramp up the /d/

HI user

uhoh

Hey OP.

This place is a dive without storytimes.

It was only two threads.
But I know that feel. I skipped out on Mister X because I missed the first few.

>Phase two
Zenith Cinematic Universe when?

The last few threads were quiet as fuck.

I feel like people actively jumped ship from Sup Forums last week, there were so few storytimes and the ones there were had barely anyone in them.

Not that I really blame anyone, honestly.

if I were a mod I'd nuke anything a-l-t-h-e-r-o immediately until it comes out

Ah, I suppose the LSD had to kick in eventually.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/96109349/#96109349
part 2 is still in archive

Just go back and read it, senpai. Threads are archived & Zenith isn't a long read.

it has been really quiet

I bought a box of wine because I know it's gonna be that sort of week

I doubt it given how busy those threads were. I'm sure board is all things to all people or whatever but if you're primarily here for comics then is definitely true. It's amazing how much better a storytime with discussion or shelf thread is for just talking about shit, because people are actually interested.

this is clearly going to end well

>Readers flipped through the books to see if the Odinson Thor was back as Thor or if Tony Stark was back as Iron Man or if Bruce Banner was back as Hulk, then decided that they didn’t need these books after all

LOL

It was just one thread at the time, and all the retards were too busy being baited in alt-hero threads to shitpost in normal ones. Wasn't that bad desu.
Splitting the board between comics and cartoons would be an upgrade to storytimes' visibility and participation rate imo.

>This place is a dive without storytimes.

That Mister Miracle thread has got me pretty glum. I might not like the series, but damn that got messy fast.

>Alan Parker
Reference to someone?

I love dudes art but I'm still not sure if the cliffhanger in Iron Man was Tony or not.

(still like Thor tho, people are wilden about that)

theeeeeere we go

Even the TV discussion threads were pretty meh this week.

Inhumans didn't even get one until the day after, so I couldn't laugh at how unpopular it was!

More proof that people only care about the movie characters.

Funny that no one seemed to care about Hulk's book or even Iron Man's book before and now that Banner and Stark are gone it's a travesty.

Well then, that was a pretty casual dive into the multiverse.

OH man, this is 'you can't make this shit up' levels of irony:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/78076002/

>that interview
T U R N T A B L E S

>dec 15
Jesus fuck

That is a pretty friggen sweet circus.

WHO KNEW then that the tables would turn so dramatically

Brevoort has a really cynical (and accurate) understanding of the business, which just tells me all the All-New Marvel and the current stuff comes from execs above him instead of him and Alonso.

someone's about to get fucked

>ban Sup Forums posting and screenshot culture from Sup Forums
>it becomes almost bearable
Wow who could've thought. Sup Forums needs a purge soon too.

Didn't the Leech say that the changes all come from the writers themselves? Of course, it is Rich in full Marvel shill mode, so you should take that with a truckload of salt.

>yfw Ike destroys the comic industry as we know it

There's been at least one alt-hero thread up for the last few days constantly, with the same people shilling it.

Sure, but Brevoort is also dickish and plays favourites. Like do you think having Brevoort as your boss, he would merely be cynical and accurate?

Gonna happen with or without Ike IMO.

What happened?

I guess a mod either finds the shilling funny or figures that the obvious shilling will discredit itself

or they're just lazy

I don't care what people say, losing Marvel Comics wouldn't "destroy" the industry. Heavily transform it? Maybe, but sure as hell not destroy it.

I mean, it gets a guaranteed reaction. The user making it even said he'd just keep it up. Some of them were put on autosage.

Wait, really? That's unexpected. Though I'm sure Sup Forums has a million times the mods we do.

I heard NeoGAF got shut down and there was a huge influx on Sup Forums.
I used to frequent their Comics thread years ago so I'll pour one out for them.

I remember when he shitpost about them changing their logo

Just a lot of shit being flung and incredibly little discussion. No powder for this keg, it came prepped.

Kingfags and Kirbyfags are at it again. Doesn't help that the former can't admit their comic is inherently inferior to the original and glorified fanfiction at best.

Accerationist Marvel is canon

Should be applied on every interest board.

It's just funny because I agree that TB is a skilled cynic but I wonder if things like his "People hate unfairly on Greg Land" and "W-we're shipping so many comics so we're doing awesome!" begin to grate

Tom Brevoort really needs to be replaced.

I love you guys but I feel about ready to go to sleep, tonight

I'm curious as to what they'll do when LCSes/diamond become less reliable, because digital won't save everything

Like what if it ends up being something like patreon/kickstarter but for DC comics, marvel comics, etc where you pay in advance or you pay for a copy at a con

Yeah Neogaf shut down and I don't know when but they decided to mass ban political shitposters and started purging threads about bitching. I know Sup Forums is one of the fastest board so a lot of mod support but it can be done on Sup Forums as well.

I mean, I think he's a stupid asshole too, I just know that he gets how the superhero business is built on a fragile model, that the diehards and fanboys are the bread and butter, and that the only other people you can even hope to get to buy your stuff are moviefags. The YA demographic and people who buy Saga, even if the industry desperately needs them, are never going to buy superhero comics.

That's basically what I've realized lately.

I'm sure the stuff in books starring your core Avengers comes from creators, but the mere existence of the ANAD movement tells me that unless all of those writers wanted massive changes simultaneously completely by coincidence, there has to be some editorial/executive mandate in there.

And editors are actively hiring certain writers to appeal to the YA crowd, so I'm sure America is all senora Rivera's doing, but she was hired onto the book for a reason.

holy shit

if Sup Forums can be improved???

You say that every night, you lazy faggot.

As a Kingfag it really hurts me that his stuff now attracts this amount of shitposting. You can't even discuss Vision or his older work without someone pointing out that King is a hack and you are a psued. They don't even want to substantiate any claims because they know that just posting the bait is enough to derail the thread.

thanks for the storytime OP.
I loathe the crowd trying to get a "comicgate" community going. Yes, Marvel is a wasteland of resentful sycophants, but no, a dunning kruger-level analysis of "diversity and comics" is not going to help anything. They're just poisoning the well and exacerbating the conflict even further.

who has two thumbs and hasn't been sleeping well?

me, that's who

also you're free to storytime yourself

>As a Kingfag
Ew, that's your problem.

exactly; most of us here aren't really happy with the bulk of current Marvel comics but we're not blaming it on a lack of tits

Like, I really enjoy some of King's work. And am anticipating future work of his.

But now with Mister Miracle it just gets lumped in on both ends with trite shit bait being pushed on everyone.

Eventually they're going to switch to digital subs and monthly plans like Unlimited and limit physical to collected editions, I'm sure of it. They're stuck with the stores and Diamond right now because it's the status quo and getting away from it is a big risk. But eventually they're gonna have to face the fact that the only way to see real growth is to cut the crust off this shit sandwich.

Man, I sound like cranky today.

>I loathe the crowd trying to get a "comicgate" community going.
I don't know why they're so proud of getting scammed again and again.

This is what happens to every Batman writer.

Vox Day is pretty funny if you're not drinking the kool-aid though.

Zenith is a pretty big guy?

These people are literally the worst kind who don't actually read comics. Someone was trying to educate me on cultural marxism by citing a fucking shitposting video on YouTube. I really hope Sup Forums doesn't allow a space for these people if anything happens in future, which I don't think ever will.

>but the mere existence of the ANAD movement tells me that unless all of those writers wanted massive changes simultaneously completely by coincidence, there has to be some editorial/executive mandate in there.

didn't bleedingcool have a report from some marvel thing that basically said that that's what happened? there was/is a zeitgeist for that kinda thing rn

That was a bad joke. Someone outta slap that clown.

You probably do post on those threads senpai. Fuck you.

For you, maybe.

I don't think superhero comics are going to see real growth. Would've happened with the movies.

It already has space for these people. Honestly, I actually really dislike when these threads just become 'vent about Sup Forums' but if you only go into these threads you can't see them as representative of the board.

I can only take Foxy Voxy in very, very small doses

What, no sugartits?

ANAD was intentional change for the sake of it, it's funny Rich trying to deny that.

I'm like 80% sure that most of the people on the bandwagon who are not Vox Day publishing house sockpuppets have no idea about the shit he used to pull. Like that one time he published the address of a woman who wrote a negative review of his book and stuff

As much as I hate them trying to push it, I personally can't wait for some of those idiot backers to lose their money and/or insist the product they paid 50 dollars for was worth it
They literally can't admit they keep getting scammed of their money

People watching those videos are the lowest common denominator. Luckily, for some reason they are convinced that Sup Forums is an SJW-infested shithole which prevents them from coming here. Imagine what would happen if D&C would actively encourage his 45k fanbase to make a base of comicgate operation out of this board.

so i'm catching up on Phase 1 and how much Blake stuff is there I'm missing? i caught the Tyger poem on a grave and obvs Red Dragon

See how tired I really am?

>D&C would actively encourage his 45k fanbase

why are there no good youtubers

I'm not sure about that, and I think even if they knew they wouldn't care. Have you been on the internet lately?

Don't fucking say that, he'll see this post and make it happen.

>also you're free to storytime yourself

I say this as someone deeply appreciative of what you do, but holy shit who would want to without a Pass?

I think that's the obvious one

I sure believe all of those 5k donations are trufax real

Of course they fucking come here. Holy shit, why are we being this stupid? Why do you think the comicsgate stuff is getting posted here?

sometimes the captcha makes me want to cry

let's really really not summon that kind of asshole

I suppose I can believe that. Even Gruenwald admitted it's a strategy that always works and it DID work for ANAD as much as people like to pretend it didn't.

People forget that nobody outside of crazies were seriously citing the problem as "diversity" until recently and ANAD got a lot of people reading when it started.

>I don't think superhero comics are going to see real growth. Would've happened with the movies.
IMO if comics were more affordable and available in a way that didn't require you to drive to a specialty store (online shipping direct excluded) they would take off a lot better. Trades are still doing gangbusters in Barnes & Noble and Amazon since the movies got huge, that's why pubs are trying to appeal to other types of people who frequent those places.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all end up getting ripped off. It is in the family genetics of Vox Day
His dad was more "why should I pay taxes" though

Is the Scotch Fairy like the Tooth Fairy, but gives you your bottle deposit back if you leave your empty bottle under your pillow?

And yeah, a lot of the established comics audience has been pretty mad for a pretty long time, the Marvel Diversity Squad was just a camel breaker.

This. I'm 50/50 on the new Mister Miracle. King's dialogue irritates the shit out of me, and I hate how he's using the 3x3 grid on some of the pages, but I actually kind of like the reused Kirby narration boxes and I'm willing to see how the story shakes out.
>45k fanbase
that shit astounds me. more people follow an amateurish YT channel than read the vast majority of books on the market.
Because there's not a market for quality content. I'm not a fan of Strip Panel Naked, but they're producing decent content and have a fraction of the viewer-base of D&C. People want hot takes on the current controversy, not reasoned analysis of the artform.

have people started doing bendisposting with king yet? that's a coming.

I agree with all of that except the reused narration boxes. It just feels like very gimmicky way of doing juxtaposition/contrast. Unearned.

It's basically all gaymers and neckbeards. They're so stupid that people like Jordan Peterson are scamming $60k off of them for a month. I find it hilarious and outrageous at the same time.
Strip Panel Naked is good but his analysis is really obvious if you've read a few fundamental texts relating to how comics as a visual medium works. There are couple other that make video essays but it's all very amateurish stuff.

I sold my soul to Taiwanese moot a few weeks ago (when I had a pass a year ago I used to storytime a shit ton) but I haven't gotten back to my constant impromptu storytimes yet. The board has been bumming me out recently.

If you like storytiming, and I do, you really owe it to yourself to get one. Shit is so easy.

inb4 >t. hiro