Is metal an essential to understand rebirth or anything big from the current dc timeline?

Is metal an essential to understand rebirth or anything big from the current dc timeline?
And is it good? I don't think Snyder writes badly, i actually like it, but sometimes he's kind of a hack. Should i?

Just read it you inbred cunt. There's like 3 issues.

I hate saying Summer events are necessary but Metal has been reintroducing a lot of major players. There's going to be a few one-shots that spin out of it too. It's kinda fun and ridiculous but the story's paper thin.

You sound like you're reliant on Sup Forums to mold your opinions. The only good thing Snyder wrote during New 52 was Swamp Thing. This event is only passable given how dumb it is in concept

It depends on what it is you want to "understand". Is it essential for Rebirth Batman or Justice League? Almost definitely.

Is it essential for Doom Patrol or New Super-Man? Doubtful.

>Is it essential for Rebirth Batman or Justice League?
Well that's not true at all.
There's no sign it's going to effect Justice League and it's almost assuredly not effecting Batman, even if Batman is everywhere in the event. It might effect Snyder Batman, but he's got one story left with scratchy artist man.

i meant this, the whole thing. i have nothing else to read

So the first two are actually pretty good.
The rest are just so-so one shot tie-ins. They're pretty fun, but don't expect them to outlive the event.

Event is actually great. Nothing has beat the first issue though.

from the interviews its supposed to be an event for an event's sake that isnt "NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME"

The ironic thing is that it really does feel like DC has changed a bit when it expanded DC's concept of Elseworlds with the dark universes. It is nice to know what happens to Elseworlds that have incredibly shitty bad ends at DC.

If you have nothing else to read, then just go all in. It's good fun and all the tie ins are least decent.

it's always a real treat on the rare occasion that one of the endless cross over with the DC universe.

yeah

so is this supposed to be Morpheus Dream? didn't he die back in Sandman? I dont quite remember how that ended up being resolved.

Here I'll tell you the whole plot real quick so you don't have to read it:

So there's this dimension called the Dark Multiverse that we didn't know about before (except for Hawkman). It basically exists inside all the dark matter or something Anyway, the Dark Multiverse imbues the various metals found on Earth with magical properties called Dark Energy -- no idea why or how or how it advances the story, but there you go. Metals. Hence the name. So in this Dark Multiverse there's this bat God named Bermuda... no, sorry... Barbados, and there's this cult here on Earth that wants Barbados to come over from the Dark Multiverse, and they've carefully primed Batman (like, literally, Batman, the person) to be a physical key to unlock a door between Earth and the Dark Multiverse. So because Batman is so curious, he investigates this Dark Energy and plays into the hands of Barbados and a door opens between dimensions. So what is the Dark Multiverse you ask? It's a dimension where an infinite number of unstable worlds exist. They are unstable iterations of this world, like... retarded worlds or Dark Bizarro worlds or something. So, for example, there are worlds in which Batman fuses with other members of the Justice League and becomes a monstrous version of himself. These are Murder Machine, Batman the Drowned, Batman the Red Death and so on. With the door between dimensions open, all these retarded evil Batmans flood through, destroying everything. In other words, it's the story of how the Dark Multiverse took over the normal multiverse. That's all I know. Hope that helped.

He died, and got replaced by Daniel, son of Hector Hall and Hippolyta Trevor.
Daniel (white dude) appeared in Metal #1 when Batman was reading Carter Hal's (Daniel's grandfather) journal.

Daniel Hall (as Dream) had also appeared in JLA under Morrison, and JSA under Johns

>Is metal an essential to understand rebirth or anything big from the current dc timeline?
No. It's largely a capstone to Snyder's DC work and isn't really related to the greater Rebirth storyline.

>And is it good? I don't think Snyder writes badly, i actually like it, but sometimes he's kind of a hack.
It's really fun. But Snyder is really good at presenting an interesting premise, moving that premise toward a climax, then absolutely fucking up the ending. I honestly expect that to happen here, because it always happens. But the ride is always fun up until then.

>Should i?
The main title is so absurd it's entertaining. The Dark Knights tie-ins are legitimately good. Gotham Resistance is okay, but is one of the few event tie-ins that actually show a side story that is actually relevant to the larger plot. The only reason to avoid it is if you somehow hate fun.

Is the checklist they put out the official reading order? I'm putting it all together for a storytime when it's over

Yes.

I see. I dont remember that stuff. I should probably brush up on my gaiman.

Cool, thanks

They actually fucked up the ordering of Metal #2 and Teen Titans #12 on that list. Teen Titans #12 is to be read AFTER Metal #2, not before.

>seems like Barbatos can hurt an endless
How powerful is this thing supposed to be

yo don't hav brain damage you can easily read them in the list order and arrange the evets since they have have different points of views and focus on different characters. that is basic shit you learn to do on school

>Dark Nights
>Metal
>Zero Year
>Death of the Family

Why can't Snyder write decent titles? If they don't sound like direct rip off's they sound like edgy fanfiction.

I thought those were all okay to be honest famalam

It looks more like it's hurting The Dreaming, and that also happened at the end of The Sandman

All you need to know is Batman kidnaps Darkseid...as a baby...to use against the demon god Barbatos like a weapon...

The beginning of Sandman has Morpheus imprisoned by a human sorcerer, it's not impossible

No, you fucking idiot. Teen Titans #12 literally tells you to go read Metal #1&2 first because if you don't, you won't know what the fuck is going on. Metal #2 is when Gotham gets fucked up and Batman goes missing, and TT#12 starts out in a fucked up Gotham with Damian talking about his dad being missing. If you read Metal #1 then TT#12 in that order you aren't going to have a fucking clue as to what is happening. I don't know why you even bothered responding to me with your asinine and condescending drivel, it has contributed nothing to this discussion. I was just pointing out the the reading list has a flaw in the order the issues are listed in, and I was just trying to help that user made sure his storytime went as smoothly as possible.

So basically Batman is doing to them what they did to him after Final Crisis.

That's literally his plan. He wanted to use Baby Darkseid to omega-sanction himself into the past to prevent the invasion from happening.
He failed

That sounds really fucking stupid.

This event is basically "when Batwank goes bad," and it is self-aware about it

>Is metal an essential to understand rebirth or anything big from the current dc timeline?
No
>And is it good?
I don't really understand why people get such a hardon for the comic. It's barely got an interesting plot, mostly it's just high concepts and ton of fan service, which does not a good story make. Snyder's basically trying to do a poor Morrison interpretation. But that's me. Sup Forums seems to like it.
>I don't think Snyder writes badly, i actually like it, but sometimes he's kind of a hack. Should i?
I mean, if you've got nothing better to do...

And now we got what happens when super hope goes bad. Who's next in fucking up when they usually succeed?

I like Metal a lot and I generally dont like Snyder. It's been getting wackier and better every issue and has been a ton of fun without it being stupid. Like stupid shit happens but its stupid in that it is wacky high concept stuff, not stupid like people acting out of character or acting retarded for no reason.

> Wonder Woman decides to be compassionate and it gets thrown back in her face
> Barry runs really fast, but speedforce is corrupted or something
> Hal fucks an underage