Karai sucks

Karai sucks.

Her early premise involving her setting things up for Shredder and pushing the envelope as to how far she could stretch her authority seemed like it had growth potential but once all the pieces were where they needed to be she no longer mattered and just stagnated.
I'd say it's a shame, but she'd have to first be worth something to feel something was lost, and yet for her training and bloodline and rank and resource and plans, there are people beneath her in all manner, some of who just popped up out of the blue, that are more relevant. I'm at a point where I feel I imagined it all and you could replace Karai with some Foot grunt and it wouldn't be that different.

Can't be doing with that sort of writing.

Agreed, Alopex is superior.

>Karai made by Campbell sucks.
Fixed

Don't you love the way Campbell draws Karai, though?

This nose...this chin...Campbell is a mistake.

So is it a case of trannies being unable to draw attractive women? The only other "female" in this storyline is Natsu and Campbell draws "her" like a butch man.

Has Karai been mutated into some sort of rat creature? Is that what's going on in this comic?

>Natsu
b-b-b-born this way

Who will finish transitioning first? Her or Carol Danvers?

So has any other artist drawn Karai with a humongous jew nose, or is this a case of "artistic license"?

No it's a case of an artist ruined his talent.

Eh, we won't see her again for another year or so anyway.

At least Koya's ghost wings were cool.

At least with Karai as drawn by Santolouco and Bates, you could blame most of her ugliness on her haircut.

Campbell's Karai looks like a birth defect.

These look like they're supposed to be the same character.

These do not.

Campbell is a man who thinks he is a woman. So he draws women how he thinks they should look... Ugly. Like he is.

HAHAHAHAHA wtf is this shit it doesn't even look human

Campbell neither

Nah, Campbell just looks like a beta male in a wig and wearing his mom's makeup.

I'm thinking about ordering those sweet TMNT hardcovers, but has the series and all its spin-offs held up or not?

the IDW TMNT comics are generally very good and maintained a consistent level of quality. There were a few low points, like the Casey & April miniseries, and they sometimes get bad artists for short arcs, but the narrative is excellent.

The IDW Collection hardcovers are great, too, since they collect everything in reading order, so you don't have to worry about trying to figure out what miniseries or one-shot slots in where in relation to the volumes of the ongoing or Universe. Best way to read the series.

What exactly makes her superior? Is it her lack of purpose since she only lives to suck Raphael's erect shaft?

What really sucks is that we've only seen Alopex's "true" personality beginning with TMNT #66. Everything before that was her under the psychic influence of Kitsune (and #66 was when she broke free).

It explains why her characterization has done a complete 180 since that issue, and now she acts like childish airhead. She's essentially a completely new character starting over from scratch. Alopex is definitely one of the shittier parts of the IDW TMNT series.

Thank you for acknowledging what I was also thinking. Yes Alopex's true personality is highly unappealing. She's a bimbo right down to saying garbage like "Best friends forever" or "Totally like cool" the "like" being the bimbo aspect. I was hoping Alopex would be like Renamon, a mentally mature stealthy vixen ninja especially because of who raised and trained her (Shredder), but I guess it's not meant to be.

Ironically Sally Pride's optimistic personality doesn't bother me. Guess it's because she's happy, but not a bimbo. On that note, Hob needs to get more women in his group. It's a real sausage fest.

> this thread again.

So it's gonna get deleted right? Per the usual standard operation procedure?

I like Campbell's art but sometimes it takes a turn I'm not a huge fan of.

Honestly I think Campbell needs to team up again with the colorist from the Alopex Micro...the two really worked well with one another.

oh yeah, it's good. Even the low points aren't really that bad.

I mean a series has to be good when the most negative aspect is people pretending to be retarded by throwing a hissy fit over a pet.

No shit, Campbell is the only one who has written alopex since issue 68 (well she shows up in #73 but didn't really said anything) Hope someone can fix the mess Campbell made.

You need to get rid of him. Tranny people have high suicidal rates (especially men who transition into women). If we're lucky he'll kill himself. Another alternative is REAL women dislike Trans Women like Campbell. So all we need is for him to do something like what happened to the Loud House creator and he's fired. He will learn that real women outrank him on the totem pole of victimhood.

But the issue is, even if we get rid of him what are the chances the follow up writers fix Alopex's personality? Who is to say they won't maintain what already is established? That Alopex is a ditz.

Campbell went on twitter a few weeks ago and said that he wanted to kill every Republican politician in America with a bomb. He's pretty much cemented his job security at the ultra liberal IDW offices.

>ultra liberal IDW offices
And we have seen the spectacular results...91% loss.

If IDW wouldn't discipline Aubrey Sitterson, a cis white male, for his twitter tirades, they certainly aren't going to discipline Campbell, their pet tranny.

That was Campbell herself and Heather Nunnelly.

Anyway who's hyped for #75? Hope someone can do a storyrime I'd do it but I have work and then I have to go to the Uni.

An user storytimes TMNT since few weeks so yes it will be storytimed this weekend.

It's such a weird and forced retcon. I'd love to see her more like the Micro again.

Anyone else notice how Female Villains in IDW TMNT conveniently avoid accountability? Karai has this "cursed sword" that will influence actions (even though she's a murderer by profession before she got the damn sword) so she won't suffer. Alopex also was mind controlled. What's her face assassin that Splinter used to kill Darius? Also has a sob story. Even Kitsune is being portrayed as a loyal noble Daddy's Little Girl for the Dragon.

It feels like IDW's writers want to do their best to make sure the villainesses don't suffer any karma. Alopex frankly deserved to die given she assassinated in Shredder's name. Ironically she's abandoned the Foot Clan and now lives freely while those other guys who did the same thing she did? She murdered them like a hypocrite.

The "she was being brainwashed all along" thing is worse, to me, because it eliminates all the complexity from her character by absolving her guilt for her actions. SHE didn't kill all those people, it was Kitsune's magic that made her do it! SHE didn't want to hurt the Turtles all those times they fought, it was Kitsune's magic! SHE wasn't acting in a standoffish and sometimes feral way, it was Kistune's magic!

So any potential storylines about her having to make amends for the lives she took or the damage she caused while working for the Foot Clan and the Shredder: Eliminated! So fucking convenient. Now she's just a braindead bimbo that says things like "Tee hee! I love hot cocoa! Don't forget the tiny marshmallows! Tee hee!"

Alopex didn't have a whole lot to start with, but this is an actual devolution of a character.

Yeah yeah. I read that guy's blog, too.

Agreed. I've kinda put my hope for good TMNT stuff on a shelf at this point. Maybe a future iteration/reboot will do something better with the character.

Burnham and Campbell have both said that Karai isn't being mind-controlled by the magic sword, though I think they did a piss poor job of conveying that through the dialogue or art.

>Karai wields the magic sword, her eyes glow red, a third eye appears on her forehead, she starts acting like a ruthless killer, is warned that the sword will devour her soul, embraces its power regardless.

It reeked of "psychic/spiritual influence", if not total mind-control to me, and at that point you're just splitting hairs. I guess the decider will be after Karai returns to New York and starts going on a sword-fueled killing spree, with the Turtles hold her responsible for everything she does, or will it be a case of "the sword made me do it!" Because that's the part that matters.

We have the foot clan chick (I've always wanted to have a foot ninja actually have presence) and she sure as hell is willing to kill people.

I honestly won't blame the sword on Karai's actions. It's clear she's in total control in the past arc in Universe. She's fully accountable for everything she's done.

She believes in making whatever group she's apart of strong. the whole "honor" nonsense for the #50 made no sense to me. Since she had no qualms going behind Shredderi's back and suddenly when he wants to do something out of the ordinary like having Baxter Stockman kill his enemies. Oh that's "not honorable".

But the stuff prior to that all? Karai is a cold-blooded woman who believes the means justify the ends.

Not only that, but Karai also essentially killed her father who did nothing bad to her. And her response to his death? Didn't care.

Exactly. why I'm kind of surprised people think the creators of IDW TMNT will go down that route with her. They won't. There's no evidence to it all they will.

Save for the #50 arc, she's always been a manipulative woman making sure the Foot were strong, no matter the cost. Now she's beginning her own clan: no matter the cost.