Are there any (non-superhero related) comics about thieves?

Are there any (non-superhero related) comics about thieves?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNSh-MJRwAA
youtube.com/watch?v=-AAzkPkiImo
youtu.be/FUUX2181BvM
youtube.com/watch?v=p6oksHXolY4
youtu.be/IU8gMHDkH48
youtube.com/watch?v=o1u5depb_64
youtu.be/-1wf3yZWsbo
youtube.com/watch?v=2aH4coe_VYY
youtube.com/watch?v=_33NoJHE00A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the fuck did you post the shit Thief game?

Here's the real deal - if you haven't fucking played it, play it.

And Thief 2 too.

Deadly Shadows is ok with a few fan patches.

Not Sup Forums related but fucksakes OP have some standards

Why even fucking post this?

Sorry... I get in a bad mood everytime I see the 2014 Thief game.

Seriously, I waited over a decade for Thief 4 and I got fucking burnt.

Though, if you haven't played it and can stomach 1998 graphics, play fucking Thief 1 and 2 and then play the reboot.

You'll see what I mean...

Bandette. It's nothing like any of the Thief games though.

You take this word's from my heart.
I even buy
Thief 4or
And than i cry.
I so love this game, and they raped my soul.

Also, no comics, but there were some books about Garret, but the world is little defferent

Sorry, i lied. There was a russian chip fantasy books, but they are not about our garret. This guys have some similarity, but not so much. World is more like in glen cook's garret

That fucking cathedral level man...

Is there seriously nothing other than Lupin III?

"Join us... join us, now!"

Good taste

Thief of thieves? Shit gets mad boring tho

>Are there any (non-superhero related) comics about thieves?
Thief of Thieves.
Catwoman.
Hexed.
Arguably Rat Queens and Skullkickers.
Seven Thieves.
Casanova.
Arguably Modesty Blaise and Grendel.
Criminal (the various stories).

even if the other are superiors, i'm the only guy who like thief 4?

sure, it isn't like the other and look more like a "pseudo dishonored" but still, it's cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNSh-MJRwAA

Out of curiosity did you ever play the originals?

If it didn't ride on the Thief name I think no one would care. But using the name comes with expectations that were failed to meet.

Thinking about it, I wonder if this was released today (more or less just a remake with new graphics) if it would be considered a "Soulsborne clone"

>hard game

IT'S THE DARK SOULS OF STEALTH GAMES.

>Thief: The Dark Project is Ableist by Polygon

>would be considered a "Soulsborne clone"
This upsets me.

Greatest cutscene of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=-AAzkPkiImo

Horrible media aside, am I the only one who had Thief flashbacks when in or watching parts of Dark Souls or Bloodborne?

Man. That was such a great twist and "what, wait... fuck!" moment.

youtu.be/FUUX2181BvM

Dark Project is the Dark Souls of Darkbourne

>tfw you go to rob an old man to steal a sword and you end up in an M.C. Escher painting

>You walk down a corridor and enter the empty void

>Catwoman

Are you literally fucking retarded? Did you not read the OP?

Catwoman isn't a superhero.

One second I'm robbing some old bloke.

Next thing I know I'm in outerfuckingspace

>Normalfags constantly use Dark Souls as the golden standard of """hard""" games
Fuck mang, this shit always annoys me, faggots would kill themselves if you made them play just about any game from the 90's

Why'd you call out Catwoman but not hexed which is supernatural shit?

Go read Selina's Big Score, it's good and there are no superpowers in it. Keep being a close minded baby.

>Wandering around a forest - following a trail of blood

>Stop for a second to catch a breather, check the map, re-orientate yourself

"The fuck was that?!!!"

"Did that tree just move?"

>Start walking closer to tree to check it out

>Tree suddenly uproots itself and starts chasing after you

>Get killed by angry sentient tree

Did thief of thieves get better or is it still shit

>Hexed.
That had style, too bad the ongoing series changed the art and made everyone look generic

Vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=p6oksHXolY4

EVERYTHING gets compared to Dark Souls now. Literally Cup Head or whatever it's called is referred to as a "Souls-like" on Sup Forums.

you're retarded

youtu.be/IU8gMHDkH48

This scene never gets old.

Anyway, to actually be on topic, Mike Mignola and Howard Chaykin's take on Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser is solidly within the vein of the Thief games. Fritz Leiber's work is broadly influential and Lankhmar seems to be the prototype for many fantasy cities, including Thief's.

youtube.com/watch?v=o1u5depb_64

I'm goin' to the bear pits tomorrow, wanna come with?"

She does have stories where she doesn't interract with capes. Go read them.

The bear fighting conversation is especially neat because it is informative of the world.

Of course, it isn't supposed to be the same guys, but voice actors are expensive, (one of those you keep hearing is one of the art guys). Though the idea of it being the same few guys in-world makes it better.

Oh hell yeah. You never see bears in the game. You never see bears wrestling in the game. But goddamn it gives the whole city history right from the get go.

Bear wrestling used to be good, it used to be hardcore but then they started fitting the fucking bears with spikes and chainmail and shit. It just wasn't the same after that.

"They just don't make bears like they used too."

They sure don't. They sure don't.

Benny MVP
youtu.be/-1wf3yZWsbo

Fuckin Benny

youtube.com/watch?v=2aH4coe_VYY

Works better with visuals methinks

Conan during his earlier stories was a thief and several of the stories center around him stealing shit for paying customers.

Exclusively about thieves and thieving?

Unsounded is a webcomic where most the cast are thieves or doing sneaky stuff.

Kill Six Billion Demons is another webcomic that is going through a heist arc now.

I am continually disappointed that a better stealth game hasn't been made. The light gem lets you know how visible you are. All other stealth games make you do trial and error to figure out how visible you are. Why?

Well, this one might be better on a pure gameplay and level design front

Sorry, Thief 1 and 2 have yet to be topped in stealth gameplay for me.

3 was okay. The levels getting broken up by loading screens caused weird temporal tricks.

Thinking about making a webcomic about modern day thieves with a real STALKER/cry of fear/eastern european urbex kind of vibe. Does anything like that already exist?

I mean on a technical level certain things in Thief have been surpassed. There are now more complex, real-time shaders for light. NPC AI has become more complex and versitile.

But no-one has ever topped Thief 1 and 2's sound design or has intertwined that feature so perfectly into gameplay.

A few stealth games allow you to hear whether someone is coming at you from the left or the right, sure. But Thief lets you pinpoint the exact location of a guard from 2 rooms away if you just listen.

Insane how no-one has built on that, or improved it, or topped it, or equalled it that regard.

Thief is one of those games that perfectly captures that "I dont think I was supposed to see that" feeling

My only experience with the "new" Thief game is a Let's Player, said LP made me more annoyed a the Lper than the game itself. Mostly because dude spent like 4-hours going back and forth between then same two areas, then complained that "everything looks the same".

How bad is it? Really? I got into the series with Deadly Shadows, but went back and replayed the others because of it.

Bad.

You can't jump. Almost everything is contextual button prompts, including knocking people out.

And the levels are smaller than those in Deadly Shadows. With even more loading screens, although they're disguised as Garrett prying open a window, with a contextual button prompt; that's an interesting way of hiding loading screens but it gets old fast.

And the story is a complete mess. Like, did this game get massively rewritten close to going gold mess.

Jesus christ how horrifying.

Calm down Mr. Croshaw. Soon you will be able to savage the new Wolfenstein for being repetitive and boring.

I'd call it more the, "Shit, that was unexpected." feeling but I know what you mean

>57 replies
>nobody’s mentioned Parker

>on a technical level
Technology has greatly improved, yes, but it's implementation really hasn't. Most games use their pretty lighting in a binary, is hidden is not hidden, fashion.

The Thief series had varies levels of "in shadows" that worked with sound propagation, distance, and even if you were standing or crouched to determine if a guard would noticed you.

Well.... it pretty much became a Thief thread due to OP's image and the first response

>old ass games have relfections/workings mirrors
>that shit is stupidly rare in modern games to the point the only one I can think of that has working mirrors is fucking undertale
modern developers have great tech to work and a huge staff, but it just feels like they're lazier than the tiny dev teams of games 10 years or olders

I think the big corporate masters want games shit out ASAP more than labors of love that got made once upon a time.

It's a different world from 20 years ago.

goddamn it nature, shit like this is why people are replacing everything with metal

It's not that devs are lazy it that they prioritize maximizing profits because if they don't Papa EA will put a bullet in their heads.

Immersive Sim stealth games don't seem to make as much money to the suits behind the funding.

It was the same, just cheaper.

Conan was a thief for a long time. He had a varied career and ended up a king, but for a long time he was a vagabond, a merc, a pit fighter and yes a thief for hire.
>sidekick, looking at riders approaching in distance: 'Why are they so angry? We didn't steal everything.'
>Conan: 'We didn't have time.'

It has never been improved upon. Dishonored comes closest.

A skull in the door and you are home free with the eye.

Hush you

"LEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAVVVING SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON..................................................?????????"

>Walks out front door

"NOW YOU HAVE YOUR PRECIOUS EYE WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO DO WITH ME?"

youtube.com/watch?v=_33NoJHE00A

Lol, that was great, but I think they fixed that with the Gold edition?

That was an embarrassing bug, I seem to recall it being found between it going gold and shipping and not being able to be patched or something.

I'm pretty sure it was high on the list of stuff to be fixed. It was a long time ago though.

They fixed it by giving the door several thousand tonnes of force when it closed to prevent more objects being dropped in front of it and destroy them if they got stuck. That's probably more scary than the entire level.

>NOW YOU HAVE YOUR PRECIOUS EYE WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO DO WITH ME?
What if Garrett just used it as a paperweight?