Nobody needs to own a gun. NOBODY

Let's look at some of the reasons often given as "reasons" why someone might say they "need" a gun.

1. Home defense. This is easily the WEAKEST of all possible arguments. If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun? Add in the panic that many people would be feeling, you're going to be bumbling around trying to unlock your gun and load the ammo, during which time you could have been calling 911. The only way in which a gun would be effective for home defense would be to keep it loaded, unlocked, and within easy reach - which would then make it easy for anyone else (including children) to access the gun, and would also be illegal in most places.

2. Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?

3. Hunting. Somehow, humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.

4. Personal protection. There are other safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc. By introducing a gun into the mix, you're escalating the situation into a lethal one. There's also a very good chance that your gun could be used against you. And if you're in an area there there might be dangerous wildlife, do you really think your handgun is going to be an effective form of protection against a charging mountain lion or grizzly bear?

5. Because I CAN. Ah, the good old "ME" argument, and what it usually boils down to. You don't really need a gun, but you want a gun. At least be honest about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers
anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, look.... this thread again.

/Thread

It takes police 2 hours to respond to a call. I've scared away robbers in a break in when they saw my gun. You don't know what you're talking about.

Military will most likely side with the people idiot, you know nothing.

>Burguer
>Saying somebody Shouldn't own a gun
Please buy a rope and Kill yourself,Here in brazil it takes literally Five Fucking years just to buy a fucking glock

Nope you're right.
I have no great need to own a firearm. However, since I have a right to own it, might as well use it.

I don't "need" to own a gun, sure, but it's my god given right to posses a firearm and this is America.

Concern trolling is the newest shill tactic.

Please sage and report this thread.

Also it's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs. I don't need free speech or a fair trial to live, but I have the right to both.

>unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock
That's why you don't put a home defense gun in dead storage. You keep it on your hip or in your nightstand.
>2. Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?
That's a good reason to disarm the state, not a reason to disarm the people.
>Hunting. Somehow, humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.
People managed to shit in outhouses before indoor plumbing. The reason we switched to guns is because guns are BETTER for hunting than bow and arrows.
>There are other safer, non-lethal means of self-protection
There is nothing safe about fighting a violent criminal with inadequate force.

sage and report this thread every time it occurs

So old people can keep deer from overpopulating and destroying all the crops.

>reasons to ban gun ownership
>I'm scared of metal tubes

How's high school going?

tl;dr OP
I will keep voting to keep my guns and nothing will stop me. I don't want to argue. It's boring.

The police are good for taking pictures of your dead body and that's about it
Also sage

Women shouldn't be allowed to vote. NO WOMAN.

Kys

>why someone might ... "need" a gun.
Because I want one.

I don't owe you or anyone else any other reason, just like you don't owe me a reason for not wanting one.

You do you. I'll do me. Stay the fuck out of my business.

>calling 911 when an intruder is no more than 60 seconds away from encountering you
look at this dumb cuck, you'll be injured before they have a chance to show up.

>home defense
you hear your door kicked down, you have time to go to room, lock room door, get gun ready, then bam you're ready to protect household.
>tyrannical government
you are mocking handguns and rifles not being effective enough which is why we want people to stop banning our full automatic weapons and etc.
>hunting
Yeah humans managed years ago but now its much easier, humane, and efficient.
>Personal protection
You know you need to be within a certain range to use sprays/knives? if crook has an illegal firearm he can be out of that range. Crook could also be big enough that macing him, we would just blindly grab you and stab/over power you.

In pulse on 1 person had a gun. if Bodyguards had some, it may of been stopped. In paris, if civilians were allowed to conceal carry, a lot less people would of been culturally enriched there.
If you are in an active shooter situation, you would rather have a gun then not have one.
How uncaring is it that we rather just tell the people "no no, you have to survive and hold out for the police to come then eventually work their way in. Its so easy to say "ban all guns" because you have this narcissistic way of thinking where you'll be safe no matter what and will never need to be responsible for your safety so other lives dont matter as much as your feelings of guns.

>So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc?

at that point it wouldnt be about "winning" or "losing" it would be about punishing those who decided to abandon our western ideals in exchange for loyalty to the tyrants. there would be deaths on both sides also. just think of the misery and chaos an armed revolt would cause.

hows that tyrannical takeover going to feel when many in law enforcement, military and politicians are being killed left and right? want to prevent that scenario? then dont try anything stupid.

what a cuck

"2. Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?"

>Liberals too dumb to understand guerrilla warfare

Also why do people post these threads? They seem pretty well thought out from the perspective of a propagandist. Who are you working for?

look a burger who doesnt understand that you're responsible for your own personal safety

>but WHAT ABOUT THE TANKS AND JETS

Can someone post the pic of some user completely debunking this? The guerilla warfare and military defection rates etc.?

christ youre a fucking retard move to london if you want to be a cock sucking pansy
guns are my right as a citizen of the greatest country on earth sorry you cant get laid and need to take it out on a mongolian basketweaving pen-pal chain

A) You don't need free speech

B) fucking kill yourself

Indeed, slide this faggot.

Sage

suck my balls you cunt

at first i was like ......

>god given

I know it's pointless trying to reason with amerilards about their firearms, but this is just laughable.

The USA has only been in existence for 10 minutes, and only out of mass violence and bloodshed in the first place. So it's no wonder that guns were permitted for general use by civilians.

But that was then and this is now. Times change.

wtf i hate guns now.

but then i ...........

This thread is now a rare Hitler gallery.

>literally "muh current year"

Hold still. Now that I've demolished your argument, I'm going to demolish your face.

>If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock)

Why would it be locked in a safe and with a trigger lock?

Looks like a great house to rob

Cultural enrichment inbound

KYS KEK

>do I think my handgun will be effective?

why yes I do think my s&w 500 is effective actually

YOU DONT NEED A GUN JUST GET A DOG
YOU DONT NEED AN ASSAULT DOG

>not owning a gun

SHALL

>So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc?

Yes. You cannot occupy a hostile armed state. Vietnam and more recently Iraq/Afghanistan proved this. You can bomb them to the stone age. But boots on the ground with supply lines is impossible longterm.

OP is a faggot.

eat a dick gun grabber

fuck off

If you have something to say about gun rights but have not watched In Search Of The Second Amendment, you have nothing to say.
Saged and hidden.

fat ameriburger detected

My family was in the LA race riots, call them Rodney King riots but we know what it was. The only thing that kept rioters off our street was my dad sitting up with a gun and taking potshots at the road whenever rioters approached. He got shit for it at first from the neighbors but when the cops didn't come they all loved him for it and wanted to try and stay with us. He also says how our phone was ringing constantly from friends of his asking to borrow a gun, including staunch anti-gun folks.

He knew from that experience, and I learned that the only person you can rely on for protection is yourself.

YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT

JUST ONE LIFE

1. It takes longer for police to reach a scene than it would take for someone to take their gun out of a safe and load it. Also,
>"Cops are corrupt, never trust a cop with your life."
>"B-but you don't need a gun, cops have guns and they will protect you."

2. The only wars that conventional militaries have trouble fighting are insurgencies, like the every middle eastern conflict, vietnam, etc. Its hard to choose the enemy out of a crowd of civilians until hes already firing on you. I mean, that giy in Dallas managed to put 7 or 8 cops out of action until they literally had to blow him to bits

3. Fuck tools that make things easier, amirite? Even so, if all you let us have are bows, spears, and blades, people will kill each other with bows, spears, and blades. Just like they did before the invention of guns.

4. See 1

5. Whats wrong with that? There are millions of things that are uneeded that people still like having. You dont need a car or a computer but you still enjoy their existence.

You don't like it, leave
Nobody is forcing you to stay here

I need a gun so I can kill people like you when you come to take them away from me.

Thats the key problem. Them taking 2 hours to arrive

Meanwhile in europe

I don't need to own A gun, I need to own at least five. What's with the anti-gun shills today?

>2. Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc?

I love it when people say, "oh but would it really stop someone?' yes my guns would fucking stop someone

I own a mag fed 20mm anti tank gun

>1
if its so unefective, why do you even care if I have them
>2
this shit was thrown out the window so many times I cant be bothered to search for the post that explained why most of the army would defect,...
>3
because its more effective and time efficient that running after a deer with a spear
>4
when it comes to life and death confrontation i'd use the mose effective method, im not risking it. and the sight of a gun alone is enough to make the attacker fuck off
you dont need a phone, a computer, a car,... but you want one

fuck off

>2. Protection against a tyrannical government.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shooting_of_Dallas_police_officers

Yup nobody could take on a tyrannical government in modern society and win

10 minutes is long enough to rape your wife, baguette. Until they develop teleportation technology, you will be only safe if you can defend yourself.

>You don't really need a gun, but you want a gun.

Yes and?

>1 post

SHALL

CTR pls go

>2. Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?
WORKED FOR THIS GUY

1. I sleep with gun in one hand and mag in the other.
2. Better to die on your feet then die on your knees.
3. No they didn't, that's like saying you don't need a car because you can walk.
4. "Lethal situation" good, I want to be feared by criminals.
>You aren't allowed to do what you want because I said so
Ahhh, the good old ME argument.
You don't get to decide what I can and cant do, faggot.

Shit b8. I'll respond, but Everyone in the thread needs to sage in the options field.
>If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock) then how exactly are you going to have time to get to your gun?
Simple, I keep rifles in my safe. I keep a glock under my pillow. I have a shotgun standing in my closet in my bedroom, about 4-5 feet from me. The glock's mag is in my nightstand, the shotgun is kept loaded.
>Protection against a tyrannical government. This is laughable on its face. So your handgun or rifle is going to be effective against a government armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, artillery, fighter jets, etc? Even if you're one of these heavily armed militia groups living on a remote compound, how long do you really think you could hold out against a government bent on subjugation?
I'm not going to bother giving this a proper response as we all know what .png answers this question, unless you're new as fuck. (Fighter jets and tanks can't stand on street corners and enforce laws, most military and police will defect rather than harm it's own citizens)
>Hunting. Somehow, humans managed to hunt just fine for thousands of years before the invention of firearms.
Literally not an argument. Bow hunting is fun, but it's not something everyone wants to do because it's fucking tiring. This would cause animal populations to soar, then suddenly you can't figure out why you have 4 deer shitting on your lawn and eating you're plants every morning when you live in the suburbs.
>Personal protection. There are other safer, non-lethal means of self-protection. Mace, pepper spray, stun guns, etc. By introducing a gun into the mix, you're escalating the situation into a lethal one.
Holy fuck who cares? Implying I give a single fuck about the safety and well being of someone trying to rob/rape/kill me.
>good chance the gun could be used against you
Cool, show me some examples, they must be very common because you say so

Also, you know prescription Opioid overdose kills 30k+ every year. I hear tylenol is pretty good. Lets just ban painkillers.

People have been dealing with pain without these dangerous meds since the dawn of time. We should do it for the children!

Thats why you pay taxes to have a police force kraut.
They do their job and you pay for it. Like in deutchland

What is Iraq?
What is Syria?
What is Afghanistan?
What is Vietnam?
What is the french/polish/norwegian/ resistnace in WW2?

People who bring this arguement have no idea about guerilla warfare. Pic related.

NOT

post keeps mentioning handguns. why yes, handguns do suck. centerfire rifles are the answer to every problem listed.

NOT

No governmant can ever wage war against its' own armed population.

What does sage mean anyway?

>If your gun is properly secured (unloaded, locked in a safe, with trigger lock)
CTR is literally and functionally retarded.

I sleep with my gun loaded an inch from my hand.

>"You don't need a gun to hunt with."
>use a spear or a bow to hunt stuff
>"OMFG YOU SOCIOPATH YOU ARE MAKING THE ANIMALS SUFFER BY TRACKING THEM UNTIL THEY BLEED OUT FROM THE ARROW/SPEAR!"

You little swine. I'll see you burn.

tell you what.. go unarmed dressed very nicley with jelery (hopefully you're a woman) into detroit's shittiest gang ridden neighborhood and spend 24 hours there.

then come back and let me know if your opinion stays the same.

Shootings guns is fun as shit and if you don't like it you may be (likely are) a homosexual.

it's why I have one of these

anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

Nobody needs to own a gun. NOBODY.

Let's disarm the government, the military, the police completely.

Yawn. I and my Korean friends will keep our guns, and you can be an unarmed serf if you like.

Also saged.

Even then the Miami Pulse shooting the cops stood outside for hours while gays were culturally enriched.

Are you a masochist or just stupid? 10 minutes. It doesn't get lower than that, it's the absolute minimum. There's nothing the police can do in those 10 minutes to help you, if you can't defend yourself properly.

If you look at his watch you can easily see that he's fat. And owning a gun by a fat person is an even bigger joke. Fat people have slower movements and more trouble grasping thing in their hands.

1. Non-visual lock
2. NUMBERS, GUERILLA TACTICS, AND MORALE. lrn2forcemultiplier
3. Appeal to nature fallacy. Guess what. You can't find bows or spears lying in nature. MAN have to MAKE and IMPROVE them.
4. Rubber bullets, dummy. Also come at me, ape.
5. I'm going to you house and shoot you and your family. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THAT?

sage

Enjoy being a victim.

There are MORE reason to own a weapon, than not.

YOU ARE A DUMBASS

I'm from Europe so you know we're never allowed to even see a gun anywhere. EVER.
Even I can tell this is bait.

What the fuck is your excuse for replying to this thread amerifats?
You're being baited 200%

God created men, but Sam Colt made them equal.

Why do we even have the 2nd amendment? It was because the British would not allow people under their rule to have weapons, so they could not fight back.

We have the 2nd amendment so that is we ever need to, we can rise up against the government...That's why it's there. Are we going to fight tanks, jets, swat teams, and assault rifles with pistols?