These men have become a huge drag on the economy

>Meet the new welfare kings.

>There are maybe 9 million of them, they’re men, they don’t work and they don’t want to. They spend as much time every year gazing at TV, videos and the Internet as working people spend on the job. And they’re a big reason the US economy has lapsed into a period of slow growth, stagnant wages and widespread unease.

>That’s the upshot of a “Men Without Work: America’s Invisible Crisis,” a concise new book by Nicholas Eberstadt, a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. “It’s a 50-year trend,” Eberstadt tells Yahoo Finance in the video above. “There’s no good news here, I’m afraid.”

>Eberstadt points to consistent declines in the percentage of working-age men who have a job or are looking for one, which is how the labor force is defined. The so-called employment-rate for men aged 25-54 was 94% in 1965. Today, it’s 84%. Were that figure still at 1965 levels, it would add up to roughly 10 million additional working men, when population growth is factored in.

>About 1 million of those are adult men who are in school, preparing for a life of work. They’re viewed as people who will be actively engaged in the workforce and the economy at some point in the future. But the other 9 million are people receiving some kind of disability insurance, living off family members or otherwise cobbling together a living without a job.

>Time-use surveys show they’re far less engaged in society than people who work. “They pretty much don’t do civil society,” says Eberstadt. “They don’t do charitable work. They don’t do volunteering or religious organizations. They’re not helping much with childcare, not much helping around the house.” What they do spend their time on is visual entertainment, averaging 2,000 hours per year in front of screens. That chunk of time is equivalent to a full-time job.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/these-men-have-become-a-huge-drag-on-the-economy-194912664.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_-jkimIyRHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>There’s no single reason for the proliferation of these workless men. Women have become a much bigger part of the labor force during the last 50 years, but that doesn’t mean they’ve been taking jobs from men. A better explanation might be that some men have a spouse who’s able to bring home an income, easing the pressure for them to do so.

>The demise of many manufacturing jobs has left some men with the choice of working for pay they feel is substandard, in menial service jobs, or not working at all. Unions have become less powerful and less able to protect jobs that can be offshored to other countries, and done more cheaply there. Another contributor: There are also millions of felons no longer behind bars whose criminal record makes it hard to get hired, especially with online background checks becoming easy and cheap. Drug testing, now routine at many companies, may further discourage people who believe they’d test positive.

>Millions of families are suffering because a male earner has given up working. But the whole economy suffers, as well. “The collapse of work for men means slower economic growth,” Eberstadt explains, “wider economic gaps, wider wealth gaps, more government dependence, a bigger budget deficit, more public debt, more fragile families, less social mobility, weaker civil society.” Yep. Depressing.

>What to do? First, Eberstadt suggests, come up with new ways to give convicted felons better job prospects once they’re released from prison. Revitalize small business, something politicians always claim as a priority but don’t usually do much about. And reform the disability system so there’s less abuse and more emphasis on participants getting healthy and going back to work. The next president, no doubt, will get right on it.

finance.yahoo.com/news/these-men-have-become-a-huge-drag-on-the-economy-194912664.html

Kek. NEETs are crashing the economy... with no survivors!

I will never support a government this evil. Not ever.

me either, plus why keep a job when you are required to pay more for health insurance than rent?

>we are
>these men

This is the future we chose. We worked towards automation of every producing aspect of society. Now we reap the harvest, a life of doing nothing. Hope you're proud of yourself modern man.

Proud to be one, feminism 4ever

This is not the fault of men, or NEETs, it is the fault of the ones who construct and maintain society. They give these people no other option on purpose so they can start wars and conflict for money and innovation.

>And reform the disability system so there’s less abuse and more emphasis on participants getting healthy and going back to work
Great
>be healthy woman
>lazy
>entitled
>horny
>have seven kids from ten different men even though not fit to raise them
>get thousands of dollars a month for each child plus foodstamps and section 8
"Why aren't there more men working to pay for my kids???"
>be man
>become physically or mentally ill
>get autismbux to barely survive, still not enough to get proper treatment
"You need to MAN UP! You're hurting society!"

It's not fucking rocket science. Motivate young men by challenging them. Give them an education that engages them with facts, life-skills, and practical knowledge. Provide them with an environment that rewards hard work with tangible progress in some form or another, and a stable household. When these young men grow up, they become role-models and mentors for the next generation of boys.

Or you could try to introduce criminals into the work force, I guess that also works.

where are the reports about the millions of worthless single mothers and illegal mexican immigrants?

youtube.com/watch?v=_-jkimIyRHU

>they don’t work and they don’t want to

so how do they collect welfare benefits

This is the fault of Jews and Zionist oppression. This is what inevitably happens in a Zionist occupied society controlled by Jewish Bankers that openly hate the White people who do all of the work.

Why would I work when I'm inhereting an estate? There's minorities out there who would kill to be a wageslave and being consciuous of my privilege makes it impossible for me to work just for work's sake.

we have the numbers, what next?

When women do it their "empowered" When men do it their losers...... Tip toppy "don't copy that floppy" KEK

>slow grow
im assuming this means in jobs. technology replaces jobs. do you really think human males suddenly just decided, after how many fucking years, to just avoid jobs for no reason? no youre an idiot. there arent any jobs anymore, unless you want everyone to work at mcdonalds. oh wait, they already do. look up employment statistics since you obviously dont know shit, gonna blow your mind retard faggot.

>stagnant wages
yeah cause mcdonalds workers need slow increase in payment from their overlords

>widespread unease
yes you can do anything with lots of money. lobbying is nice man

You're not going to find that in a Zionist Occupied Country. Of course White people aren't going to work or see any motivation too in a Society that is actively genociding them and is rigged for the benefit of a small number of elite Jewish people. More and more people will continue to drop out of society until they eventually rebel. its a natural progression.

post about america
"proud to be one"
from austria

More women are NEETs than men. Why isn't this a problem? Oh yeah because despite living in a 'gender equal' society it's still the man's job to do all of the work for women.

yeah how the fuck was that felon bullshit their first proposition for a solution?

I'm pretty damn sure at this point the architects of our society want more and more people out of the workforce because they want absolute unrest.

>No middle class (avoidable)
>90,000,000+ on welfare
>Education system pushing PC culture harder than actual education.

The little things like these add up and form a bigger picture to our structural violence.

wheres the factory job that my father and my grandfather had had that could support them, their wife and three kids and allow them to buy and pay off a house in 10 years?

houses around here cost 400,000-600,000 dollars. When 20 years ago it was around the 100,000-150,000 dollar range

The average pay for the dwindling factory job i spoke of is $14-$16 an hour. Up just $2 from 20 years ago

How are people supposed to do as well when everything costs 5-10 times what it was years ago and yet they make just a few percentages higher in salary?

Unless you want to do super high risk jobs such as welding. I have a few friends that do. One is nearly blind and the other one is now on oxygen bottles from inhaling too much zinc and stainless steel fumes.(Stainless steel as opposed to to carbon doesnt rust out. Aka it sits in your lungs and continues to rip out the tissue forever, and zinc fucks with your nerves)

And they arent even 40 yet.

Is this article confusing correlation with causality? Could it be that men are dropping out because the economy is shit, rather than the other way around?

>averaging 2,000 hours per year in front of screens
Amatures

>men work
>the point of working is money
>the point of money is to live
>the point of living is to have a wife/kids
>men want a wife/kids

>women are no longer want to be wives
>women no longer want kids

>men stop working

surprise surprise

I mean obviosly we need to wean off the interactive jew. NEETs could take over a state like Montana with only a fraction of our 9mil

because women want to shop for a more exciting man with income.
>NO MORE BETABUX GIVE US BAD BOYBUX

>laws incentivize divorce
>why get married

>no great projects to inspire engineers/scientists
>why study hard

>foreign migration driving down wages and stratifying the classes even more
>why sacrifice for promotion

>nothing left to drive, inspire or encourage
>why even work

This is the future they chose.

/thread

Neet revolution when?
We have the brains.

>be me unemployed

> apply for entry level factory job

> drive 50 miles to go to interview

> H.r guy - your resume looks good user but we need someone with 1 year factory experience

> what???? this is entry level that means 0- experience

> i"m piss as fuck

> I get up -- well thanks for wasting my time, be sure to put that on the job report so you don't waste other peoples time.

> and l left

>white triggered niggers

/r/4chan4trump

OY GOYIM WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING FOR US? WE CAN'T GIVE WELFARE TO MIGRANTS WITHOUT YOUR SHEKELS!

Disturbing wojak desu

>Women have become a much bigger part of the labor force during the last 50 years, but that doesn’t mean they’ve been taking jobs from men

No, that's exactly what it means. Women are probably 60-75% of the food service business. They are literally hired on quotas and are always preferred over male candidates. It's not a rare sight to find low-paying menial restaurants like Wendy's and Dunkin' Donuts staffed entirely by women - the latter a few blocks from me is 100% women.

>job is in town
>They want you to drive half an hour to another town to train and interview
I hate this shit so much. I'm just about to drop out of society myself.

STEM here.

This is good, as long as it means I get two wives and the NEET gets a robo waifu.

Men were never working those jobs.
Teenagers were.

Underrated response.

hate to say, but that's when you lie and make shit up

>yeah i have experience with machines, i often change my own oil
>yeah i have experience with other people we often get together to start sports teams (or whatever)
>yeah i have experience with my hands/tools i build stuff like bird houses

i lied on my first job interview, and said i had my own lawn mowing company for 2 years. truth is: i mowed lawns for my mother, after my father passed away, and she'd pay me some for it.

a little lie at the start is worth it, trust me.

No, it means you get to work 80 hour weeks and Jamal bangs your wife.

Where is the neet party?

Not to mention that men, without needing to support a family, can now work far fewer hours for less wages and still live a decent lifestyle. It's a matter of prioritizing their free time over money.

You'll be surprised to find out that some teenagers are male and need those jobs at age 15 to build up work experience.

Exactly my point.

Jamal is a NEET too goy. Niggers invented NEETdom.

DELETE THIS

Universal basic income is the future

Step one to fixing the economy: Stop issuing drug tests for every god damn entry level job on the planet.

>>men want a wife/kids
Nope, that's not a what life is about. Holy shit would already killed myself if life is only about muh wife muh kids.

>be wage slave
>wate my life giving neet owner shekels
>be enlightened neet
>enjoy life without being a slave, and do all that you want
Value is subjective but your lifetime is not.

T. NeetGod

Wagies have no problem paying their neet bosses thus we are just another boss.

>One is nearly blind and the other one is now on oxygen bottles from inhaling too much zinc and stainless steel fumes.

Male privilege.

Jamal is a criminal not a neet.

>Universal basic income is the future
You wish. NEETs will die homeless and hungry

well no shit, thats why N33Ts are pieces of shit and so are ex mil welfare queens

Fuck em all

Most criminals are NEETs you fag.

>we dont have resources
>neets wont collectivize our power

White MMAAAaaaAAAALLLEEE.

Most criminals are in jail.

lol

who born rich here?

fuck your jobs i have houses and am a tightwad jew who never spends anything anyway

>>neets wont collectivize our power
The whole nine million of them against the world? Can't wait to laugh my ass off.

Kek, living the life

>Most fags are criminals you NEET

If someone is in jail, they are not in education, employment, or training.

fuck the society let it all collapse.

Don't want to be a fucking slave to this retarded system.

Sometimes i had to be born in this fucking shitty time of humanity destruction. Every fucking person is useless and most jobs are fucking useless. Just fucking collapse this world

But Sup Forums doesn't understand this, and spergs out hourly about young men opting out.

same chinaman

I'm 29 on welfare, deal with it

>what op thinks

It's usually these men that compile the new welfare queens.

Good luck getting welfare if you're a straight white male.

hate and not had*

there are two separate "life"s, user:

there is your life, and the life of your people

you can sacrifice the life of your people, for your own personal life

or you can sacrifice a part of your life, for the continued life of your people

you have to choose, but choose wisely

>When Sup Forums sends its people, they're not sending the best.
>They're sending NEETS, they're sending spergs, and some, I assume, are good people.

Cool. Now do the unemployment rates for women!

Btw, this is our problem.

Also most men dont want to work because there are no jobs worth working. The best I could find in my area was a walmart 30 minutes away on the highway. The gas+mandatory car insurance(with extra fee of $100 per month for being a male) used all the money I made. Some days I couldn't afford to eat. I found this $1 loaf of bread and started making 2 meals a day out of it. This diet took a total on my body, sever nutrient deficiency eventually lead to me sortof blocking out. The symptoms were that of diabetes, but my blood sugar always tested withing the healthy range.

Kinda funny how women dont need as much food, are not charged extra just for their gender, demand all the female privileges such as not paying for shit, and still have enough money to sustain their body, blow shit loads of money on clothes and makeup, AND THEN demand even more money.

Yea.. no this country sucks.

Why is more people working considered a good thing, anyway? What is work? Work is a problem that needs solving, a need that needs fulfilled. You should be figuring out how to make less work, not more.

>they don’t work and they don’t want to
But I want to. I've been browsing and applying for almost 4 months now but no luck.

And I can't just scratch my 10 years of previous experience and start from some low-tier job that I never even had at first place.

This, I am saying FUCK YOU yo the Rothschild and all the other Zionist Internationalist Banking Cartels profiting off endless war and selling Americas sovereignty

bosses have power
power means choice
you have no choice, except to try and collect more

god help you, if hillary doesn't win

my car was second hand from 2000 and all i do is torrent anime and drink cheap wine all day so i could entertain myself even if i was homeless probably

the moment people start buying expensive cars and watches to impress other people is the moment they get poor. i've seen it happen and still don't understand why they do it

>There are maybe 9 million of them
>they dont work
>And they’re a big reason the US economy has lapsed into a period of slow growth, stagnant wages
>stagnant wages

Wait. are any people actually so stupid that they think adding another 9 million people to the job market will cause wages to increase? Because that is utterly fucking retarded at the very least.

Explain to me how your wages as literally anything is going to increase if you have to compete with 9.000.000 people for the job, pretty please.

Muh
> party of personal responsibility.

Pathetic.

Funny how your image didnt properly depict the porch monkey you were describing

This was made by a 14-year-old virgin in MS paint.

isnt Sup Forums made up almost exclusively of this type of person?

US government literally designed today's NEET society in the 1970s when the 'end of economic growth' philosophy started to spread.

Zbrezinski's 80-20 society, 'Tittytainment'. Of course they need to continually stigmatize the marginalized masses to keep them from asking the right questions.

>tfw I graduated last year
>tfw I don't have a job
>tfw I want a goddamn Job
>tfw I apply everywhere
>tfw I only got 2 interviews
>tfw I was denied each timw
>applied for Panera bread

Goddamn economy and my lack of job experience. This is also a college town...

Topkek all wagoes are completely ignorant and easily.manipulated by neet Gods.

It's impossible to get a job when everyone requires 7 years experience.

This

I am complacent with the bare minimum. When, if, society changes, I will change as well.

>Society becomes corrupted and exceedingly degenerate
>Becomes exclusive to those with wealth or power
>People decide to simply not bother fucking around in a rigged game and drop out
>Get blamed for society being shit
Fucking hate normies and their retard logic.

Should have visited a food bank desu

no it's your fault you can't get a job. You are a male and need to work and if you aren't, the world will fall apart because of you

stop oppressing me

anytime you read a piece about the causes of unemployment do a ctrl+F for "migra"

as in immigrant, immigration, etc.

if it comes up as "0 results found" then the article is bullshit

Ding ding ding

8 hours of my life arent worth $10

>Close down the only industry in a small town (like for instance a coal mine)
>label the resulting unemployed men "welfare kings" and mock them for not having a job

Classy as usual, democrats.

>And they’re a big reason the US economy has lapsed into a period of slow growth, stagnant wages and widespread unease

They replaced hard working men with women and h1b1 diversity hires, and they still find a way to blame shit on white men. Neets are a symptom of a broken world, not the cause. When the only jobs pay barely enough to sustain a miserable existence with no hopes of ever advancing, or even being able to use that income to start something of your own, why the fuck would anyone work if they could avoid it? The only thing I want is enough money to buy land somewhere far away from everything so I can just be left alone, but in this world no matter how hard I work, after rent, gas, and groceries I end up spending more money than I make. I'm not even being stupid with my earnings, at one point I was eating only a few eggs a day because that's all I could fucking afford. Fuck that. There's no point in working if all it's going to do is make some rich fuck richer while I starve.

You using a proxy m8? If not careful what you say around these parts. Google is watching.

i wanna kill myself but i also want to see how this NEET situation turns out.

>Say nigger on the internet all day and cry about how they drain society on welfare
>Be a NEET who is an even bigger drain
>Blame others for being a useless piece of shit
>This much damage control