Princess and the Frog

This Disney movie is easily the most moral one

>work hard and you'll earn your goals
>non-stop partying won't make you happy

This is the most underrated Disney film out there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0Fbfo33mXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think this is so much better than Moana. It's actually my favorite Disney movie. Too bad it didn't get a series instead of Tangled.

I see your "underrated" and raise you the movie I think is Disney's best.

People go to the cinema not for moral lessons but for entertaining story. Princess and the Frog is just boring.

>>non-stop partying won't make you happy

but that's false

I've always wanted to taste her pussy

also a cruel lie

>Be nice and girls will like you

Worst one of all, at least the new generation seems to have abandoned it.

Only one cool song and two too many retarded southern sidekicks. Cool villain though.

I love this movie. Visit New Orleans and remember all the scenes. Good atmosphere.

>When I'm human, as I hope to be!

>i can't be entertained by thought provoking content or good morals

> children cartoon provokes my thoughts
I'm sorry.

So.... why didn’t it do well (according to Disney(tm)) in theaters?

Is there more to it’s financial “failings” then racism?

They fear racism accusations too much. No fun were allowed. That is why everything with this cartoon is so boring. If the princess was white it will be much better not because of racism but because she could be entertaining and relatable human like Ariel or Elsa, not a bland "perfect role model".

Because no one wants to see a dead animation style.

Style was good, story was mediocre. If they did 2D Frozen it would probably reborn hand-drawn animation.

>Came out in theaters when I was too poor to actually go see it
>Will forever regret not convincing my friends to see this instead of Avatar
I hate Avatar

>Fox and James Cameron now get Disney bucks when someone buys Avatar stuff in Disney parks

Truly a cruel world

Tangled got the series because it's better than both.

Cool fate for the villian too. Voodoo rebound. Classy

It's wrong though. Shit workers have it better.

>ywn give Tiana a sensual massage after she exhausted from a day's work.

Once they turned into frogs, the story got less interesting. Got a little too wacky and play-safe, after a time when people expect 2D animation to be more dignified, like Lion King or Pocahontas.

Yeah this. It was clear the animators were re-finding their 2-d abilities again. It was also largely outsourced. Pooh should have come out first.

Also Randy Newman cannot write princess movie songs to save his life.

This isn't Treasure Planet

youtube.com/watch?v=-0Fbfo33mXs

Fuck the frogs

Did you miss the part about her flaw in being too much of a rigorous overworker? And yes, it is a flaw that the movie sets up for her to overcome.

Even if it doesn't actually tie in to the faceoff with Facilier at the end as far as I remember.
But the movie had some writing issues.

Besides, up till the late renaissance with Mulan and Megara, all of the female leads have been pretty bland.

> Did you miss the part about her flaw in being too much of a rigorous overworker?
It's very uncommon and questionable flaw. Very few people could relate to this or see any problem at all.

But what if your goal is to party hard non-stop?

Assume role reversal when white boy was overworker and black chick was lazy jerk. How audience would react?

Turns out, little girls are lazy.

Indeed, Tiana is pretty much the most "perfect" Disney waifu. But you also know that she'd be the one constantly riding your ass to do annoying morally righteous wife shit.

> "Didn't you already have two drinks user?"
>"Don't forget that I signed us up to work at the soup kitchen tonight. I don't care if the game/that new show is tonight!"
>"I invited my mom to come live with us!"

Pretty much the main reason to watch this movie.

"Works too hard" is one of those faux-flaws that authors designate to a character when they're too afraid of said character coming off as unlikable or "mean-spirited". So they pick a virtue and try to pass it off as a defect
>this character is too passionate!
>this character is too innocent!
>this character is too trusting!
>this character cares about his/her friends too much!
As opposed to ascribing them a genuine ethical or moral gap that would actually drive the character to fill it -- or be devoured it, if the story is a tragedy.

It's not a bad resource per se, but it generally requires the character to suffer extra hardship and conflict to balance it out, which, if the author is already too afraid of making the MC unlikable, they probably won't do.

Are you seriously arguing that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is "Underrated"?

But she’s not a perfect role model. It was emphasized in the movie that she worked herself far too hard, and she wasn’t making time for herself to just be happy.

It has a 74 percent FRESH rating at a 7.1 average rating.

It has a 6.9 average reviewer score on IMDB.

The movie is often accused of being dishonest, unrewarding and "unexpected" in reviews, the majority of which give it a lukewarm, if welcome reception. I'd definitely say it was underrated considering the music, character exploration, dissection of themes, the grounded-ness and gravity of the situation and is not shy of showing things that you didn't expect of Disney then, and even more so applicable now.

I'd say that it is massively underrated and quite possibly the most overlooked movie when people ask "What is the post-renaissance Magnum Opus of Disney" and the answers we get are:

Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, Toy Story and The Incredibles

The only one out of those 5 I'd consider to be up there would be The Incredibles.

Treasure Planet suffered from being way too short, given the source material and just how much potential there was up there. I think it justly deserves its criticism because it could have been so much more ... even if I do think that opening sky-surfing scene was fucking great.

Non-stop partying will make you miserable, and if it wouldn't you'd be doing it yourself.

>calling Disney movie's "children's cartoons"
>using that as a pejorative
What are you even doing here?

>not a bland "perfect role model".
You mean like Belle?

Tiana is literally the black Belle. Just swap out Belle's book smarts for a strong work ethic and they're basically the same so-called "bland" girl.

>no one wants to see 2D animation
Do you even know where you are?

Nope

>best part is Doc Facilier and New orleans city
>facilier is barely in the movie and 70% of the screentime is in A FUCKING SWAMP

fuck this movie.

huge wasted potential.

I'm so tired of seeing this complaint come up. It's a cartoon. If you can't empathize with animal characters, why are you even watching a Disney cartoon in the first place?

>Lion King, The Little Mermaid
>post-renaissance
wut

>"Disney movies are too formulaic, every character has the same story!"
>Musker and Clement do something completely different
>"This is unrelatable!"
Disney can't win with people like you.

They're frogs.
In Louisiana.
Why wouldn't the majority of the film be set in a swamp?

But OP, that's not Atlantis.

All right, Little Mermaid was 1989. Let's talk that span of 1989-present then. Sheesh, specifics and semantics. You're worse than a guy's ex-girlfriend trying to needle and needle.

The moral of the movie was that you need to have a balance work AND play you dumb faggot, not just work=good and fun=bad

I genuinely enjoyed Princess and the Frog and was always surprised at how many people found it bland. Fun characters, good villain, pretty poignant death.

>Also Randy Newman cannot write princess movie songs to save his life.
This I can agree with though.

If anything being "no fun allowed' gives Tiana more of a personality than Belle

Well user that depends on the work situation and the goal itself

>Finally get a black Disney Princess
>She's a frog for the whole movie

Lol, did any of you even watch the movie?
Tiana got outbid. All those hours of working double jobs for shit pay got her nowhere.

The movie has this arbitrary moral about "digging deeper" for necessities like love, and maybe those who do will luck out and have good shit happen to them (like falling in love with a prince and having a friend crocodile bully realtors into accepting cash), instead of working their tightly wound asses away for nothing.

>non-stop partying won't make you happy
Correct.

>work hard to earn your goals, but bring a trained gator just in case they choose a client who fairly offered a better price and force them to sell to you or be killed if they refuse

Because you missed the point entirely. Them being animals isn't the issue, the issue is the story becomes less interesting once they become animals, ergo the writers didn't take much advantage of the situation. It's like the writers weren't sure if they wanted their animal adventure to be whimsical and magical or just them trapped in animal bodies in a normal bayou. I'm not quite sure how to describe the specific feeling, but it didn't feel overly impacting. The fireflies and the Voodoo Mama were the best part though.