YOU LIED TO ME Sup Forums!

YOU LIED TO ME Sup Forums!
THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING!

You probably don't like comics then.

I guess it's a general Spider-Man problem but I like how we're supposed to believe Peter is a loser in school despite being a built qt boi

Actually its Native American.

Who told you it wasn't? Some retard who unironically thinks DC movies are "kino" I bet

It was okay, not amazing. Still doesn't beat Spider-Man 2 unfortunately. That said, I do hope the sequel is better.

Everyone in the comic book threads.

>Who told you it wasn't?
Sup Forums told me it was SJW garbage that wasn't like the source material/comics at all.

>Still doesn't beat Spider-Man 2 unfortunately.
Agreed. Is that REALLy a bad thing though? It beat Amazing Spider man 2 and Spiderman 3.

I understand it wasn't as epic or serious as spider man 2 or 3.
It was just a fun kids summer movie, which is what all the marvel movies have become lately.

My niece loved it.

>that wasn't like the source material/comics at all.
It wasnt.

>most comic accurate Spider-Man yet
>You probably don't like comics then.
What did he mean by this?

It was enjoyable but forgettable. I barely remember half of it and I imagine it will eventually slip into Thor 2 territory where I just remember basic concepts of what happens (There was a boat, Iron Man was there, Vulture was pretty cool) in a few years.

Almost as good as Wonder Woman

>Most comic accurate
Is it really, user? Because they took A LOT of liberties here and there.

>most accurate Spider-Man movie yet
You fucking what? It was the least accurate out of all of them, and that includes the 70s one. No one acted the way they should, especially Peter.

Compared to the other four? Yeah, they absolutely nailed Ultimate Peter Parker. The whole movie was an almalgam of the entire franchise of Spider-Man from creation to modern day.

I like how flash Thompson is a 5"4 latino fat nerd in the comics

Please tell me!

Did Tony Stark have ANY important scene in the movie.

And no, I'm not counting taking away Peter's suit as important

I said most accurate film yet, learn to read
I just realized I completely blanked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 out of my mind. I meant five films

>Compared to the other four?
Yes, the other four not only understood Spider-Man more than Homecoming, but they also were more accurate than Homecoming.
>they absolutely nailed Ultimate Peter Parker.
No they fucking didn't. And even if they did, which they didn't, being based on the shittiest adaption of Spider-Man isn't something to be proud of.
>The whole movie was an almalgam of the entire franchise of Spider-Man from creation to modern day.
You couldn't be farther from the truth.

He saved the ferry after Toomes split it in two

Explain to me what exactly they got right in the movie.

I don't get this line of thinking. Why am I not allowed to enjoy the MCU as one of the many AUs that have been part and parcel to Marvel for years? Does liking Earth X or 2099 or Ultimate or 1602 somehow not make me a Marvel Age fan?

>I don't like the comics that they're adapting so that means it wasn't accurate
Wew

>If I ignore the rest of your post and take a quote out of context it makes it look like I wont he argument!
Learn to read dipshit. I specifically said they weren't accurate to Ultimate Spider-Man

Both are my favorite heros so things turned out great.

I think the best takeaway from the movie is that we learned that Karen is the best girl for Peter

Fair enough, but I'm not going to these movies to see an alt reality. Just like how I don't watch an anime to see an alternate take of the manga. I'm going to the movies to see comic books I like brought to life on the big screen.

>USM has Peter dick suck Iron Man and the rest of the Ultimates wanting more than anything to be part of their team
>USM has Peter have friends in high school and is less a social outcast and more of a bullied nerd
>not accurate
WEW LAD

MCU is not supposed to be an alternate version just a live action adaptation,they got cpt america right and that's why he got the best movies of MCU

>not based of ultimate peter
>even though most of the MCU is based off of the ultimate universe
>and features a teenage peter in high school like ultimate does

Like nigga what are you talking about

Then why are you still going to see the movies at all? Cause they've never fucking done that, going all the way back to Burton's Batman. The only exceptions I can think of are like, Sin City and maybe 300. Even the cartoons have always taken liberties with the source material.

You keep expecting something you're never going to get so of course you're always going to be disappointed.

Not him but no one cares about ultimate peter, people care about mainstream spiderman

>Vulture was pretty cool
Vulture was a nice surprise. Most MCU movies have fucking terrible villains, I'm glad they actually managed to pull off a decent one.

>MCU is not supposed to be an alternate version just a live action adaptation
Funny, cause I don't remember Obadiah Stane being involved in Stark's origin or Nick Fury putting the Avengers together in 616. Do you even read comics?

Ultimate Spider-Man was far from a fucking dick sucker retard. He respected them and wanted to join their team. He didn't hold Tony Stark in place of Uncle Ben and he certainly didn't wait around for permission from Stark to fucking get shit done. Asking what Stark would think wouldn't even be part of the equation.
>USM has Peter have friends in high school and is less a social outcast and more of a bullied nerd
By your logic Raimi Spider-Man and ASM2 are more accurate to Ultimate then.

People still say wew lad? Christ so cringy. I'm embarrassed for you bud. I can only imagine some autist screaming at the top of his lungs

>not based of ultimate peter
I said it wasn't accurate to Ultimate, not that it wasn't based off Ultimate.
>even though most of the MCU is based off of the ultimate universe
Means absolutely dick in this conversation. We're specifically talking about Spider-Man.
>and features a teenage peter in high school like ultimate does
And? 616 had Peter in highschool too. This is a shitty argument.

I at least want something that still resembles it. I understand that when translating something to another medium entirely you have to take massive liberties, but at least fucking try to be as accurate as possible. Homecoming was Dragon Ball Evolution levels of fuckery.

Even though he wouldn't do that if Spidey wasn't there

>it's cringy to say wew lads
Not that guy, but dude wtf are you on, like are you being serious rn? What is this newfag thinking

Figures the person defending Homecoming would be from Reddit.

>He didn't hold Tony Stark in place of Uncle Ben and he certainly didn't wait around for permission from Stark to fucking get shit done
But he didn't do either of those things in Homecoming. That was the whole point. He kept disobeying Stark until Stark took the suit away, and then he saved the day without his help at all. Then when Stark offered to let him join the Avengers e rejected him.

>not that guy
Yes you are

>s-shut up reddit
Jesus you are a newfag, kek

>But he didn't do either of those things in Homecoming.
Yes he did.
>He kept disobeying Stark until Stark took the suit away
The fact that he even wondered what Stark would think of him shows how much they didn't get it. The entire first portion of him sitting around trying to call Tony shouldn't have even happened.
>and then he saved the day without his help at all.
Yeah, after completely ruining the If This Be My Destiny scene
>Then when Stark offered to let him join the Avengers e rejected him.
And yet, at the end of the day he still keeps the high tech suit that Spider-Man should NEVER have.

>MCU is not supposed to be an alternate version

Yeah it is. It always has been.

user's argument was that it wasn't comics accurate when it was. Opinions of the source material that it's taken from don't matter.

>Psh, I-I'm not from Reddit. S-See? I know you're lingo. Lol, ebin new fags.

>I called him a newfag!!! That's what us oldfags do r-right? I've been here all summer!

It wasn't.

It wouldn't have happened if Spider-Man wasn't there

Watch the movie

>ITT: NOT MUH SPIDER-MAN
y'all are makin me real glad I grew out of my characterfag phase years ago

shitskin flash, nigress MJ, MILF aunt may, iron-spidersuit, vulture the alien arm dealer, fat chinese friend ...

Let's have an all white cast next time so the media can complain about it, right? You're a dumb faggot who doesn't know how movies work in the current era.

Sup Forums is just Sup Forums lite anymore so don't be surprised that they don't care for a movie that isn't whites only.

>This movie is the most accurate Spider-Man movie!
>No it's not
>REEEEEE CHARACTER FAGS!

>this is what MCU casuals actually believe

But the MCU casuals are the ones saying it's like the comic.

>reading marvel comics

X-Men Apocalypse was better

This was bait right?

I can't help but take it. Literally everything went wrong

What's your favorite Marvel comic user?

>man characterfags are silly
>REEEEEE I'M NOT A CHARACTERFAG
ok

No, it's pure Tumblr here and Sup Forums is desperately trying to fix that

>SJW garbage that wasn't like the source material/comics at all
Isn't that an oxymoron?

You mean...redundant.

I would disagree on calling Marvel fun summer movies as though they were as shallow as Pacific Rim.
GotG has plenty of depth in its character interaction and story telling. Lindsay Ellis has a nice analysis of the second part.
And Civil War was a rather astonishing movie in how it balanced itself and made the heavy themes work without becoming too light or bogged down.

yes it is. the comics take place in universe 616. the mcu takes place in universe199999

from it's inception it was an au.

>gee i hope i fit in.
i want newfags to leave.

I didn't care for how Spider-man was just as dorky and awkward in the suit as he was as Peter out of it.
Whole point of it was how Peter Parker was the dorky awkward nerd, but when he wears the mask he's the confident quipping hero Spider-man.

this movie wasnt that great, spidey never gets a really big moment, his triumphs never feel earned. the villain pretty much hurts himself over and over while spiderman dodges until he blows up
he doesnt really grow or learn anything as a character
also, a spiderman who isnt allowed to hit anyone with his fists is stupid as hell

>most comic accurate Spider-Man yet

It has to be, no one is this retarded.

>fixing it
>calling any and every race a nigger while constantly posting pepe

I need to go take a shit.

SPECTACULAR!

I think the movie was having a different take on the relation between Peter and Spidey.
We see more how Peter, the boy, grows into the confident persona he puts on when around people.
Since he spends time alone we don't see him in the persona all the time he is suited up.
In the comics it's almost like he is another person sometimes, while in Homecoming it's clearly a confident act because he thinks that's how heroes should behave. But when he fucks up he just slips out of it, so the distinction is not as clear as it was in Civil War. Well, outside of the bank heist scene where he can actually keep the act up for a bit without interruption or major mistakes.

But. But he does learn his lesson here.
What are you talking about?
The whole point of Stark's interference was to have Peter learn about the value of experience and taking no shortcuts when you try to get places because tech is nothing if you can't use it.

none of the movies have actually been very accurate (outside of ripping off iconic imagery from the comics)

the first raimi movie comes the closest I guess but even it does organic webs, skips gwen, and gets the harry/mj/osborn timeline wrong

>60s Marvel = Modern Marvel.
So you don't read comics?

I want Reddit to leave.

I want Ebaumsworld to leave.

I want Neogaf to leave.

I want SomethingAwful to leave.

this is literally never shown at all. he does the exact same thing at the end that he would have done with special gadgets