Meanwhile at the Republican Party Headquarters

Meanwhile at the Republican Party Headquarters...

Dick Cheney joke

Bwahahaha lets not help black people

except that one time/

*BLOOP!

>No Donald, we can't your name in giant golden letter on top of the castle.

>Waves arms like Arnold Horshack
"OOOOOOH! OOH OOH OOOOOH!!!"

I don't understand american politics, who is the evil one?

As someone who is a Republican registered voter as I'm mostly conservative. I always laugh when my party is made fun of. One of my favorites was an old South Park episode where Matt & Trey had Whoopi Goldberg make two "jokes" regarding Republicans.

Yes.

both are pretty bad.

"Republicans are so stupid" *audience laughter*

I remember growing up in the Bush era and that was pretty much at every awards show.

Now it's Trump jokes 24/7.

It depends if you prefer the one that is honest about being completely evil or the one that lies about the fact that they're mostly evil.

Both have been bought for ages, so I'd say take your pick.

Really both are pretty shitty and have huge glaring flaws

>and then we convinced poor people we were on their side!

I'd say they both have the same underlining flaw. Both are only concerned with their own self-interest, not the people they were elected to serve.

Yep, no depth to any joke. Comedians just repeated the same thing or made fun of Bush Jr.

I'm in my late 30's and have the viewpoint that both parties have their pros and cons. Sadly, in my state, I have to choose between either party. No independent voter. So I'll still always register as a Republican as I just cannot stand the general way the Democrats act a lot of times.

This.

The republicans. The democrats had been viewed mostly as the lesser of two evils. However, what happened this time around was that Hilary ran her campaign in the same way any politician had before her and Donald campaigned as a grassroots populist.

One of my colleagues is a die-hard Republican and he made an interesting comment about how the current GOP is dying out and a new party is forming around Trump. He called it the "Lion Party" due to some people that followed Trump during the campaign trail.

I honestly could see both the Democratic and Republican parties giving way to other parties in the next ten to fifteen years as the demographic age of voters shifts. The US has already gone through a few party changes over its history.

Both are shit. Both are bought by corporations. Democrats are delusional and waste things on stupid shit because feeling, while Reps are dumb and waste money on stupid things because patriotism. Both are anti-free speech, anti-privacy and anti-freedom of expression and only want what's best for their corporate donors.

Sanders ran his grassroots style as well and was definitely more popular than Clinton, but then his own party threw him under the bus. Wonder how the Dems feel about it now.

But both pretty much lie about being evil.
It depends what kind of hypocrite you want, one that pays lip service to "traditional values" while trying to erode your rights or one that pays lip service to "progressive ideals" while trying to erode your rights.

>Sadly, in my state, I have to choose between either party. No independent voter

That's true in every state. In every state it's either democrat or republican or it's swing or semi-sing where you can go either way.

It's virtually impossible for a third party candidate to be viable.

I still laugh at what transpired. The Dems gave the election to Trump after throwing Bernie under the bus to push the Clinton corpse.

You guys really need more than two fucking parties. This can't go on like this.

Totally intentional. With that system, your options are a corporate cocksleeve, or another corporate cocksleeve.

When I used to live in the Midwest (on KS/MO border) I could register as an independent instead of Republican or Democrat. When I moved to Pennsylvania last year I tried to do the same thing only to be informed that I could only register as a Republican or Democrat. There was no "other" option.

Pretty damn salty, I'd imagine. I remember listening to a radio show a few days after the election that had two staffers from the DNC (i think) going at each other's throats over what they personally considered to be the reason for the loss.

America is pretty much fucked imo. The people are more divided than ever, and even if they did unite for change, the cops and army would beat them down.

get your Sup Forums out my Sup Forums!!!

We have a lot more than two parties
It's just that nobody cares about any of the others. Blame the US VS THEM mentality. If a third party couldn't win the last shitshow of an election, it will never ever happen.

Just sage the thread and move on. Damn user.

The day to day life in America has hardly changed since Trump took office.

I'm not gonna panic unless there's a war or a million refugees move in (rip Europe).

Republicans have been the "evil" ones since the 60's with all the Dixie Democrats from the South jumped ship because LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act. Before that, it was the Democrats who were mostly racist, bigoted white men that did everything they could to keep anyone not white and/or male on society's bottom rung.

Last decade or so saw the GOP slowly peeling off it's thin "we're not racist who says we're racist YOUR RACIST FOR CALLING ME RACIST" coat of paint and just strait up be a bunch of fucking dicks, and Trump was just the final push. They literally did the exact thing they accused the Democrats of doing with healthcare law, like rushing the legislation, not letting people know whats in the plan, and some Republicans outright admitted they had no idea what the law they just voted for was, exactly.

Democrats haven't had teeth since Obama first got elected so they're no fucking help

DIE
BART
DIE

"You've already done enough, Nader."

If we're lucky Trump will spell the doom of the GOP and we can finally get more parties.

yeah, sorry. I meant effectively two. Although for a foreigner it is sometimes easy to forget. We have 5 and a half relevant parties over here and it feels like it's not enough, I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be to have two.

>The day to day life in America has hardly changed since Trump took office.

I'm really curious to why you think that. Care to elaborate over your viewpoint? For myself, I've thought that life has changed overall since Obama's second term.

Alright, what thread on /r/politics was this copypasted from?

The one given Reddit Gold of course!

Calling Screw-On Head!
Calling Screw-On Head!

Not that user but things have been running somewhat smoothly despite the shit in Washington. There aren't cities tearing each other apart or neighborhoods turned into warzones.

If anything has changed, its that people are becoming more aware of the systemic problems America has had for decades and we're trying to come to terms with them.

Half the posts ITT sound like /r/politics.

BOOOOOOOOOO-URNS!
BOOOOOOOOOO-URNS!

love this skit

why im a libertarian honestly

D.) all of the above

No, we need less.

If switching parties or multiple points of view in a hierarchy was needed, then two would be enough, and it's not working.

Corporations would buy ten small parties just as easily as two big ones. We need one party that overpowers the others and has no particular ideology save pragmatism. Like a militantly moderate, centrist party.

Countries with multiple parties fall apart and aren't in any better shape than America. Only the countries with one party are retaining their cohesion since the recession.

Coming, Mr. President!

>We have to do something about Trump or we're lose a generation of BASED Hispanic natural conservatives!

that episode weirded me out as a kid

The Hispanic vote is mostly a meme anyway.

A former friend of mine went for BLM, anti-Trump, and all into that movement. He's black and was previously a decent guy. He started dating this woman (art major) and changed. The last time we spoke was months ago when he started screaming how I had white privilege and he was a poor black man being held down. Mother fucker, my family grew up on food stamps and I had two jobs while I was in high school to save up money to get into college. He got into college as his father is a dentist and didn't need a job whatsoever due to his father's money keeping him afloat.

The cities that have turned into "warzones" were already bad during the Obama era and earlier. IE: Baltimore, St. Louis, Chicago, and etc.

that's called a dictatorship, user

that episode gave me a beheading fetish

And now, Senator Dole will read a passage from the Necronomicon...

Come to the netherlands, we have, like, what, 20? every four years we kill off the weaker ones in a brutal public popularity contest, it's fun.

Balkanization soon

I live in a small town in North Carolina, got out of high school in 07, been working at warehouse jobs since.

Have the bare basic health insurance (only pay a couple bucks a month), dental insurance covered by my job.

Me nor any of my friends have felt like our lives have changed for the most part since Obamas 2nd term and these recent Trump term

. We're all in our late 20's though, maybe the effect is felt if you're older.

It's a thing, but it's heavily concentrated in the Southwest and so has limited force in the electoral college.

A bigger change in American politics has been the Democrats gradually shifting from a populist working class party to a neoliberal party of the urban white collars. They've changed their center of gravity.

Now both are probably not in a good enough condition to endure a 2020 election. Dems seem to currently lack any kind of strong starpower, and Hillary was almost anti charisma.

No it isn't, point of fact. A dictatorship is something different.

Ironic how the inner cities have been shit for decades even though almost all of them overwhelmingly vote democrat.

Even Obama couldn't save it. Chicago is a hell hole from what I hear.

both

malveictus desperamus in principi

Democrats war against the straight white male was the nail in the coffin for Hillary, they represent the strongest voting force.

Chicago is great if you're not a poorfag

To an extent but the very term "Hispanic" in of itself is a meme since there are over 20 different Spanish speaking countries all of which are very different from each other.

>americans legalize bribery
>and then scream about the how the government is corrupt instead of voting out the people responsible