Alternative Tintin

Post alternative Tintin, especially if there is more than just a cover.

Sunshine? That's not Sweden, we don't have that, I'm sitting here in the wet darkness.

>Tintin and the jappos can't fucking understand how capeshit works

My Hero Academia is fucking disgusting to me for constantly putting that piece of shit bully Bakugou on a pedestal. A comic about heroes shouldn't be pushing the moral "you're allowed to be as much of an evil piece of shit as you want as long as you're good at you're job". I legit think it's harmful to children to read that trash.

I'm more annoyed by the standard manga topos that governement control everything and it is always good. It's authoritarian and uneducative by itself, but coupled with capeshit, that is based on personal will (and responsability), it's quite horrifying.
BNHA Illegals is much more palatable, as any manga that pushes free will (like OP).

I think those moments are compensated for when he gets his ass-kicked. When Deku and he fought All-Might, for example, I was on cloud fucking nine because the jackass was not only accomplishing fuck all, but being physically brutalized for not heeding Midoriya's tactical advice. In the end, his bluster and power counted for nothing.

It's just the different cultures between Japan and America. Superhero registration with the heroes working for government would in all likelihood work in Japan and not in America. Just like gun control works elsewhere in the world but not in America, the cultures are just so drastically different.

At first I was going to point out there'd be no Superhero lobby in America, so hero registration COULD work, but then I remembered that Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne are things, so there's be SUPER LOBBYING and you're right, America would never get its shit together on super heroes if they were real,

We'd have the vigilante type justice that we have in American comic books with some people being like Superman and some people being like the Punisher.

But it's very telling that the entire idea of superhero registration was a huge breaking point and gigantic event in Marvel that has echoed down in the decade since.

Compared to One Punch Man and Boku no Hero Academia where superhero registration is just taken as the default "duh" approach. It's such a culturally accepted idea that they don't even explain really why it's necessary, just the mechanics of how it works.

One Punch Man is much more cynical about registration though; the hero bureaucracy is pretty bullshit. The only good thing about it is networking cooperation against really big threats

We must be reading different manga.
In my manga, the government is often evil or at least indifferent and cynical.
As for being good at your job being an excuse for being an asshole in manga, in manga those assholes are usually redeemable.

That is also different about manga - people often being redeemable. Rarely happens in capeshit. Unless someone is popular and needs to jump the fence to improve sales.

It might be inefficient but no one balks about joining it. No one considers "nah I don't wanna give my information to a government agency."

Americans are much, much more obsessed with their "freedom" and privacy. Like shit, the United States has shit tons of gun records about who bought guns but all that information is explicitly NOT allowed to be put into a searchable database. It's not even called a database it's called something like data system or something else because it's deliberately designed to be unsearchable. That way the government couldn't potentially track and target gun owners.

The United States was founded on systems to prohibit tyranny.

Go to be, Pierre.

Yes, and that's nice but we understand now on a global stage such systems can and do work, so those systems don't automatically devolve into tyranny.

The issue being is that America's culture is so entrenched, for good and bad reasons, that gun control will never work as it does in other countries. Like can you imagine a gun buyback program? Jesus Christ people would explode. Even though it's worked in a couple of different countries.

It's the lobby system. The way "culture" works in the US is that whenever they propose a change, the industry that's going to be changed throws a lot of money at the change. That's how there became rumors that US healthcare reform would involve "death panels" where the government starts euthanizing people by committee, because healthcare lobbyists started running commercials and spreading fears that this would happen.

Our politicians can either take lobby money and play nice with industry, or they can reject the money and wind up like bugs on a windshield against the media that money could buy against them. Ergo, super billionaires like Bruce Wayne would be extremely effective at blocking superhero registries in the US. It'd be pandemonium and people would be convinced that knowing who your heroes are is equivalent to Armageddon.

>gun buyback program
You mean confiscation with token compensation.

Was waiting for this

>those systems don't automatically devolve into tyranny.
>self-defense is virtually illegal in the UK

but you ARE allowed to be as much as an evil piece of shit as you want as long as you're good at your job in powerful industries and companies

How’s the boot taste?

Dude I live in America.

No, Canada. But I don’t need to live in the states to recognize a bootlicker.

Okay bud. You realize I'm not advocating for gun control in America and am directly saying gun control wouldn't work in America.

If being able to look at other countries and say "well, their culture lets them treat things differently" is being a bootlicker, well shit man, I guess you got me.

When did Sup Forums become a bunch of soccer moms?

You guys took over the UK last year, remember? So where's the freedom?

>pro-freedom politicians
>UK
pick one

probably zero actually

why hasn't the gubmint taken over countries with noguns?

They have.

England is finished.