America #8 - Storytime

Buckle up mi gentes, another action packed issue of our favourite comic.

Schizo English.

Yass queen. Thanks, OP, you made my day.

Wow, what an awkward way to expound on your family and backstory, X'andria. I like to imagine that she just said this to David, completely unprompted.

Finally, the only reason to read Marvel.

>deGrasse Tyson dorms
>naming anything after a man who hasn't published a single scientific paper after finishing his PhD, hasn't contributed a single thing to his chosen field, and is only known for pandering to normies
Should've at least named it after Hawking, but then I guess he's had a privileged easy modo life compared to NDG

Did they really need to make 1/3rd of the page so akward? Like America and David are off to the side and barely seen, and the lady is just walking ahead of them. And there's all this empty space. It's just so awkward.

What does it say in the clouds in the lower left? "Floof?" Is Quinones a furry?

Can someone explain to my why ghost rider got canned while this shit get to keep going despite dipping into cancellation numbers?

Is it wrong that I want Prodigy to use the accumulated sexual knowledge he adsorbed from living with the X-men to fuck America silly

>named Brightly
>acts like Prof. Umbridge

>Chavela Vargas amphitheater
Me estay webiando

Queer and brown writer writing a queer and brown character. Twice the diversity for only half the sales.

And honestly, Gabby's successfully appealing to SJWs. I've seen a lot of them posting about America punching Hitler and being inspired by her. (Apparently ignoring that in the context of the story, America doing this was seen as reckless and bad.)

>department of radical women and Intergalactic indigenous people

I actually like him adding the soundwords to the scenery. He had a car create the sound "Skreeee" during a U-turn from the dustcloud and had an explosion spell BOOM out of the smoke (which wasn't caught by the letterer and had a typeset BOOM placed over it)

They likely gave Gabby a 12-issue contract and are just letting it run out.

Quinones is a godsend to this book.
I want to rub America's toned tummy.

This shit started selling under 10k after Issue 5, right.

Robbie's straight and male, doesn't matter if he's Latino, being straight and male makes you the white males of your respective group, all the shame none of the benefits

Panel 2 and 3 don't feel connected at all.

>X'andria, you're a brave and natural leader. The students of Sotomayor respect you.
Ah, the Marvel way of knowing you're supposed to like a character. Just like with Carol.

i love that they purposely moved the text on the sign so it could be read in its totality.

Sorry but i am bother by the existence of body armor for fat people.

I like to imagine that everyone in the comic speaks with the Microsoft Sam voice. The dialogue is so wooden and stilted that it makes it a lot funnier to me.

Why dont you try and do it user, to see what is the result.

Do we often see villains that are not DOOM exposit to an empty room nowadays? I hear Dr. Claw talking in my head while I read this.

>Possible platonic life partner

That phrase irks me even more than naming a dorm after Neil "I never actually did any scientific breakthroughs" Tyson

>White person: I forgive your rage, America. It's quite the nature of YOUR PEOPLE to resort to violence isn't it?
>Brown person: MY PEOPLE?
This writing is just SO REAL and really relevant to today's social issues.

>printing a letter about issue #2

They must have nobody writing in about this.

Puta di madripoor, I missed an issue.

Supporting this is the equivalent of supporting terror.

Because Marvel doesn't know a good thing when they see it. Robbie's last book was merely a vehicle to shill other characters that weren't doing as well. So naturally, readers were pissed that the character featured on the cover had next to no appearance in the book.

Part of one team, leader of another.
Not a team player tho, too special.

Panel 3 isnt connected to the page at all. Why the fuck is it there? What the fuck am I reading?

Or Carver. You know the American botanist and inventor.

>I haven't totally forgiven her.
Forgiven her for what? Having the same powers as you?

This comic just keeps on giving.

its a new term for Cuck.

Now what kind of lame cliffhanger is that. Nothing really happened in this comic.

Ghost Driver is undeniable garbage. No one who ever spent one red cent on any previous GR comic would bother to buy anything with him on it.

>panels stop short of the border
This activates my almonds.

>Villain is white and racist
Of fucking course she is. Why did I expect anything differently

>gimp suit villainess
I didn't even know I liked that

Micheal Jackson?

>demonisx
You can't even get your own gender neutral demon pronoun right.

Robbie didn't stand a chance with that first arc. The more bullshit one is Nova.
I'm more shocked that it's a woman.

Created by Morrison.

>Buckle up mi gentes
Is that how she actually talks?

Look out, Professor: it's Wh*Tey!

Gabby is seriously doubling down on her Mary-Sue self-insert, huh?

>There are billions of dimensions in the multiverse
>I come from a singular dimension
>Which my moms say makes me one of a kind

Wrong. Most people are locked to originate from a single "dimension" (well actually, no. They come from at least 3 dimensions and travel through fourth throughout their lives, what she means is a universe)
In fact, there are few multiversal identical beings in Marvel apart from the Abstracts. Molecule Man and Evil Reed currently fit the bill, too. America ja just like everybody else in this regard.

And Jane Foster

>Blonde, blue eyed white woman

AND SHE WAS THE VILLAIN? I COULD NEVER HAS SUSPECTED SUCH A THING FROM THIS COMIC!

I still can't get over how America broke up with her established white gf because she can't deal with a long distance relationship (despite having teleportation powers) only to immediately get hooked up with some random brown gf OC in another long distance relationship. Gabby couldn't be any more obvious about the real reason why she broke them up.

THICC

She's actually a red-head. The blonde-hair/blue-eyed look was just an image inducer.

holy shit, on that last panel, her armsm are intersecting eachother,

That was Villalobos, not Quinones.

Her endgame is X'andria having own ongoing.

Fuck off, man, he's doing IMPORTANT THINGS.

>They died.
>I was bound and determined to follow their example

If only.

>leader of the leelumultipass phi theta betas

Star Trek Discovery with Micheal

>white woman villain

So not even two X chromosomes are enough to save a person in Gabby's eyes?

>Gabby
>brown
m8 she’s probably whiter than you.

the reference she was looking for was "X'andria's got some 'splaining to do". The "splaining" is pretty much the most important part of the beside the sentence structure.

>moms

>And honestly, Gabby's successfully appealing to SJWs.

oh, they'll retweet you all right, but they'll all sooner order their third unicorn frappuccino than actually buy your comic.

Plus, he had flaws and his book did not shy away from the negative stereotypes of cholo culture. We can't expect Marvel to show brown people as being anything but perfect.

Hey, look, the letters are back.

Hah, she got FISTed.

Sorry, my bad. Quinones seems to have taken the cue from Villalobos though.

Based Frank Quietly's Non-Union Mexican Equivalent.

Something tells me those armors were copied from somewhere else

Why does she looks so much fatter there than in her previous appearance? Did she eat the previous owner of the suit?

>Villalobos

Sounds like Lobo's summer home.