Honest question Sup Forums, what do minorities, women, and LGBT tend to buy at your store?

Honest question Sup Forums, what do minorities, women, and LGBT tend to buy at your store?

How should I know? I'm not breathing down everyone's necks who goes in, I usually only talk to the staff

I wish the staff at mine were more talkative. Most of them are very casual too. They're nice, at least.

>minorities
>buy

The only experience I have with that is when I got into a conversation with a black guy about how much we like Punisher.

So, Punisher comics, based on a sample size of 1 that only conforms to a single category.

They buy the same shit everyone else buys, except usually less dumb capeshit. My LCS owner is a chick and every week she jokes about Marvel's current output.

Just chat, ask them what they might recommend and shoot from there, i want from being a guy who they don't recognise week after week and now they all know my name

I'm gay and I am the only human being who buys comics at the store I frequent, so...

>Asians
DC trades, indie books. New Superman. Frank Cho and Jim Lee books,
>Blacks
Marvel trades. Punisher. Thanos. X-Men. Surprisingly Peter Parker era stuff and Avengers. There's one black fellow that came in and picked up Coates Panther and the Crew and I pointed him at Priest instead (I dont own the store).
>Hispanics
Newer marvel trades by remender and fraction. The Walking Dead.
>Middle-easterners
The Hulk. No joke.
>LGBT
I honestly can't tell who's gay but I assume everyone who bought Midnighter was

White men of all kinds buy DC and marvel.

Nu males and women buy image.

In all honesty? They buy IDW more than anything else. DC is neckbeards. Marvel is mostly normies/new/old people getting back into comics.

Did you buy Midnighter?
I'm straight and I enjoyed it

>minorities
Same stuff as everyone else.

>LGBT
No clue.

>women
Funko Pops

Pretty much the same thing. No one buys marvel except the completely lost.

>blacks
>didn't say Hulk
Hulk is literally the Dragon Ball Z of comics as far as fanbases go.

>Funko pops
THIS HOLY SHIT.

Unfortunately no, no copies available here

Nothing. They don't come in. Comics are seen as nerdy (because they are) and non-whites have a HUGE stigma associated with anything "nerdy" or "outcast".

and this

The amount of money people drop on those funko pops is sickening. I have wasted money on some shit in my time, but those things are insane. Well played to whoever is responsible for making those things because they must be doing well for themselves.

75% a female walks into my neighborhood store, it's to pick up a Funko for their bf

I honestly can't believe people buy those. There's so many better designed vinyl toys. They're not even aesthetically pleasing, I've talked to people that collect them and no one really likes them for how they look.

why did you pick this image for the topic? Are they even dating? last I saw he was talking to that hispanic girl.

People buy the same stuff and rarely buy comics because they identify with the character. Now here’s the tricky thing. If that character is a straight white male then they have better marketability. That’s because that’s the main demographic. Good luck selling minority and female characters to them!

>Kids
they "buy comics" from my shop and by buy I mean run in with their backpack and steal yugioh cards

I used to work at a comic shop.
Based on that experience, I wouldn't say most people read based on what panders to them.
Stuff like that is mostly liked by young hipsters.

I thought black customers tended towards Marvel, otherwise no racial differences were obvious.
The women loved TnA comics.
Zenescope books were bought exclusively by women.

Only gay customer I remember (that I was aware of) fell into that "young hipster" category and read whatever the hot new Image books were.

But this was a few years back.

Nothing, because they don't exist.

My girlfriend is such a Thanos fangirl she bought floppies of the comic and makes me roleplay as him in kinky "Death gets collared and put in her place" scenarios.

And yet there have been DOZENS of high selling "minority" characters since the 70s.

Then there's the fact that these "white straight males" buying comics LOVE anime and shit like that which is all Japanese.

This has been my experience as well. Pandering literally does nothing for sales. You have white guys buying ms marvel and black guys buying new superman

And it's true, women love Cheesecake art.

So only Luke Cage?

Batman
Wonder Woman
Bat Family Shit
Captain America (Steve) books

In my experiences, gays, Hispanics and blacks like Gwenpool. Mostly gay men.

Isn't Miles still a teen and Gwen an older adult about Peter's age?

I thought it was weeaboos but hispanic checks out

I'm a gay Mexican man in California, have a local pull list, mostly DC because I can't stand marvel comics right now.

Batman Superman Supersons Shade Doom Patrol Deadly Class Kamandi The Fix Sabrina Deathstroke Mr Miracle Trinity Black Magick Inhumans because of Priest. Sometimes I'll get new stuff just to try for a few issues. Collecting all the metal comics. Event is cool. I trade wait saga and some other things.

Normies. They'll pick up a Marvel omnibus and leaf through it. Look perplexed by what I assume registers as "shit art" and shove it back onto the shelves.

They're good comics guys. Give em a chance.

>because of Priest
me too

Damn beat me to it.

I'm an asian guy in California and mine's similar

Doom Patrol, Shade, Red Hood, New Superman, Batman, Mr Miracle, Red Sonja. I'm also excited about Metal.

Haven't bought a marvel book since Secret Invasion

Different universe. And spider-Gwen is in her college age. Probably around 19 like gwenpoole.

>>>what do minorities, women, and LGBT tend to buy at your store?

Wtf does that have to do with your picture and your post on a Comics board? Are you so bored you go to a board about western comics to talk about life experiences?! kys literal retard.

The same shit that the straight white guys do

DC stuff

hi, guy who made this post here...
I didn't read the thread so um.. could yall like pass this post please? like don't give it (You)s?!
Thanks

>this obvious neogaf thread

Shit everyone else buys not that pandering bullshit. My local store is not selling any of the NuMarvel titles.

Not even Gwenpool?

Its doing okay it seems. Im not reading it personally but Ive heard ita good.

Honest answer? Just fashion magazines and manga. Most people just ignore Marvel and DC and in fact there are tons of unsold stuff rotting on the shelves.
Also wait a fucking minute, I'm a fucking latino living in a latino country, there are not any fucking minorities anywhere with the reception of the random chinese tourist and women don't give a crap about shit other than gossip magazines and panini manga.

You retarded amerifaggots consider us minorities even in our very own fucking countries.

Fuck off with your gender and race baiting.
Faggot.

This. Fucking Americans.

In my country, El Salvador, k-pop stuff and manga sells out and no one touches western comics.

I need some context for this image.

but anons, the internet takes place IN america
it doesn't matter if the servers are in china or whatever, everything is american by default. american values will always prevail over other countries
therefore, you latinos will always be minorities and women will always be oppressed, whether you like it or not

forever and ever

Can you do a Thanos voice user?

Older comic book female fans (late 20's and into their 30's) it's usually indy or DC stuff (mainly Bat family comics). I know two sisters that buy Green Arrow and Aquaman (the latter mostly for the art).

I don't see much young female comicbook readers, they go to the store just to buy figures or shirts, rarely do they buy comics and if they do it's trades.

I know this Latina who dislikes America and is mostly into Marvel Cosmic. She has the Annihilation Omnibus and a few Starlin trades, and was getting Loveness' Nova when that was coming out but the only new cosmic related comic she gets is AnGotG. She also gets Doom Patrol and New Super Man from DC and both GL comics.

The people who get Squirrel girl, Spider-Gwen, Kate Bishop Hawkeye, Bendis Iron man, etc...aren't that many and surprisingly they tend to be white Numales.

The rest just get a bit of everything.

Why did you put that shit as pic related?

They are yet to buy anything comic related because they are to preoccupied yiffing in a Werewolf RPG game.

totally anecdotal but might give information on the Texan area of comic buyers

>Blacks
Hulk, Manga, Superman, Supersons, and Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man (Not miles morales)

>Asians
X-Men (All of them not joking), Chinese Superman, Spectacular Spider-Man, and an even amount of Green Lantern related books (Dawnbreaker was the quickest sold out we've gotten), Iron Fist, and Daredevil.

>Mexican
Superman, Superman, Supersons, more Superman, and I'm not kidding Deadpool

>LGBLT
Ms.Marvel, Batwoman, Batgirl, Bombshells, Ultimates, and Spider-Gwen. No captain marvel unsurprisingly.

also event books sell the same and at even amounts by every demographic, except the tumblr types when Secret Empire was a thing

Eh. So Miles really can't do anything other than leech off of Peter. At least pair him off with that Mayday that was running around or Silk.

>Funko Pops
Correct.

Black user here. My current pull:
>USAvengers
>Luke Cage
>ASM: Renew Your Vows
>Spider-Gwen
>Deadpool
>Saga
>Lazarus

Buying in trades:
>Gwenpool
>Kill Or Be Killed
>Revival
>Deathstroke

I'll be honest, I'm reading Luke Cage because BLACK and Prieststroke because it's based, but also because Priest is black.

Shit, I forgot about Shade the Changing Girl.

I saw a girl come in and buy the latest issue of Saga

>minorities
WH40K minis
>women, lgbt
>implying

atheist here (i think i count as a minority?)

i buy TPBs used and trade them in for more used TPBs because i can't afford or have the space for brand new shit. i'm fairly sure i've read a lot more than most.

Buckley does it again.

>Half-time LGS employee since the early 10's.
>Asians
Trades and indies.
>Blacks
Never seen one at the store despite being in Atlanta
>Latinos
Power Rangers, Transformers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Conan/Red Sonja, Manga, Horror comics.
>Other ethnicities
Never seen any
>Women
Grimm Fairytales, Witchblade, Vampirella, Tarot: WotBR, Anita Blake, Manga
>"NURD GRRLS"
Cartoony licensed shit like Adventure Time and MLP
>LGBT
I wouldn't know, we don't ask people who they like to fuck at the checkout.

He got bombshell to worry about. White girls are the last thing he wanted to mess with.

>My LCS owner is a chick and every week she jokes about Marvel's current output.

What does she joke about?

At my LCS, they generally lay all the books out on the front counter as opposed to using the rack. One day i pointed to unbeatable squirrel girl and asked the owner if it sold.

>he laughs and says "no, that book sells like dogshit"

I don't live in America but honestly at the local store usually legacy characters, and the occasional event but that's mostly casuals.

If you ever wondered who buys casual event books its casuals in foreign countries.

Nu-Males buy so fucking much image. They're the kinds of people who like to skip steps in their hobbies, and think of themselves as being 'above' cape comics.

"I just go where the good comics are" is the patrician mindset, as well as how you can weed out casuals from longtime comics readers.

I work at an LCS. The black guys pretty much buy what the white guys buy, more or less. Superman, Batman, etc., except they also buy more Black Panther stuff (nobody buys Cyborg).

The white women buy a lot of retarded Batgirl-BOP-America-Chavez SJW shit. I've never seen a black woman in this store.

I don't even fucking know what the LGBT people buy, maybe some Image stuff

>and think of themselves as being 'above' cape comics.
kek

capeshit is meant for literal retards

Oh, and there's this one Indian guy who comes into my store who is HUGE on Avatar stuff, like he collects it religiously --- Crossed, Uber, all that stuff

Gee, that garter makes Spider-Gwen at least twice as fuckable. Why is that?

Shouldn't you be off somewhere defending the hobby you're embarassed to enjoy?

>pfft, no mom, i don't read those superhero comics, those are for KIDS

capeshit is unreadable garbage

can you explain the black Comment further?

You think it's unreadable because you're illiterate

>minorities, women, and LGBT
Im all of those things.
When Im near a gaming/comic shop I buy:
>Board games and card games
>Books Ive made an effort to read including Ms Marvel, Saga, Sunstone, Whatever random books I think are interesting that are released that week. Hopefully whatever store I end up near on my vacation has the DC metal origin books out. I saw the one for Murder Machine and Im fucking hooked on those.
>Dice
>Goofy trinkets that look cute/interesting. Maybe shit you would find at a con or something.
>D&D or other rpgs that look interesting that I dont have or that I need/want.

When I was a kid, I got attached to characters because they were black. Luke Cage and Bishop were two of my early favorites. I still liked Spider-Man and Wolverine more, but it was cool to see black characters.

Coincidentally, the first issue of Power Man and Iron Fist that I read was written by Priest.

>being multiple minorities as well as a gay transsexual lesbian
This alone is impressive but

>being multiple women at the same time

God damn.

user is obviously Alucard.

Ok, I get it.
Im a black Transgender "bisexual" woman.
Is that specific enough?

>transgender
>woman
Nice try

Mexican user here

Current pull list is

DC
Super-man rebirth aka chinese superman.
Super sons
Metal origin books plan on getting the other later
Recently took blue beetle off cause I wasn't liking how Jaime and ted were being written.
Green lanterns with the best buddy cop duo

Marvel
Gwenpool
Renew your vows
Scarlet spider though considering taking it off the list since no more Kaine.

Other
Power rangers

>rarely buy comics because they identify with the character.
> If that character is a straight white male then they have better marketability
These two things contradict each other

Never once seen any in my lcs

>I dont want thing
>Gets lots of thing
>Says "Welp" or "Yup" or some kind of
"I knew Id do this"
Wow comedy gold

Not if people identify with something other than skin and sex. Unfortunately it's never used that way anymore.

truly groundbreaking

But that's still identifying with the character.

Honestly, I just use my normal bedroom voice, which is already pretty deep so it works.

Oh, now I see. Whatever he was getting at does contradict itself.

One would assume that people entering a comic book store, regardless of race, colour, or creed, are there to buy comics.

Never seen a minority in my LCS but I do live in a mainly white area.
Last Lesbian looking girl I saw in there was walking out with an armful of pop vinyl figures.
Saw a gay guy buy the love is love graphic novel when it first came out

Straight white men don't buy stories about straight white men because they identify with them on some deeply thought out manner, they buy them because they don't consider stories about minorities and women worthy of caring about. It's not about deeply identifying with X, it's about avoiding everything that isn't X out of hatred or disinterest.