Jean Grey 8. Hopeless meets Morrison meets Nolan

slow as fuck because I dont have pass, I think it wasn't storytimed last month

what kind of surname is Hopeless btw? (I am not a native English speaker). Does he have an ancestor with a tragic life?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/95486243/#95486487
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks mate

end
and as you can see, Jean continuity is a mess ever since she was resurrected in xfactor.
in the previous page it says the Phoenix killed her, but it was Xorn who killed her.

It's a pseudonym.

explain this

Whelp my fetish has been pandered, two if you count feet

Im guessing its acue that she is still in love with Scott but I'm sure a little /ll/ with her hated rival from the past will cure that.

I will literally strike Marvel from my mind if this happens. There really should be the limit to how much bullshit they can retcon in.

What that Emma loved Scott or that Jean and Emma would be willing to give chicks a try.

>casuals who don't get Xorneto are still mad at Morrison
The state of you

Unless I missed some reintroduction of it Jean and Emma don't have that hated rivals relationship anyway

That they may retcon Emma's love as a phoenix fragment.

op here
I am pretty sure it just means Emma had a fragment of the Phoenix in her. If it is a secret, it is because she knew that and had not told anybody.

The fragment could be from many moments, from when Jean repaired Emma's body, from Phoenix Endsong, or what is most likely, from her time as Phoenix Host in Avengers vs X-Men.
I think that last one is most likely because the Phoenix left Rachel, the Cuckoos, and the sword of Korvus before AvX, as in, all the fragments reunited so that the Phoenix could come to earth for Hope Summers.
It seems like the Phoenix is uniting all its dispersed fragments because it's coming back next year in the Adult Jean event.
If Emma has a fragment, it has to be from her Phoenix 5 period.

When she is finger fucking young Jean she is thinking about old Jean

But thats not nearly Soap Opera drama enough for an X-men story

Jean Grey Phoenix hasnt returned from the White Hot Room yet, because it is incomplete since Endsong, when Emma held onto a piece. Emma has been holding onto the last fragment until now.

AvX Phoenix happened because Bendis fucks continuity in the ass.

Thanks!!

dat ass tho

The Cuckoos had a piece of the Phoenix not Emma. Which flew out of them during the Utopia shit.

Maybe Emma's been keeping a piece since AvX?

bump
thanks OP

I still don't get it.

Jean grey is always getting cuck, even in emma frost mind.

no wonder why jean grey mindrape her.

>I think it wasn't storytimed last month
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95486243/#95486487 (I storytimed that shit newfriend)

Xorn was a mutant supremacist who revered Magneto. When Magneto died in Genosha, Xorn lost his mind and convinced himself he was the real magneto, having cheated death. the face underneath the mask was just a subconscious construct he made using his powers

Thanks OP, this was better than expected. There might be hope for the X-men. My only thing is Jean is from the 60's,why do they write her line like a damn mellinial? It would be way better if she was naive about current times more. IK she's been here for a while but still....

I don't believe this.

There is not enough drink and drugs to deal with this. Well, better something than nothing.

Marvel uses a sliding timeline, not an especially closely defined one but generally centered on modern day, which means that it makes no sense for Jean to have come from the 60's.

So her and the rest of the O5 were only ever treated as being from the 60's in a couple of scenes. Otherwise, they are basically from about 15 years in the past, not 50.

It's not what Morrison wanted, because it WAS supposed to be Magneto. But that user gave an explanation that is very reasonable considering the retcons Marvel made to New X-Men.

The first time I heard of Hopeless was Avengers Arena, And I instantly react to his name with knee jerk hatred. Has he ever written anything of value?

I don't know, him being real Magneto in that whole build up, it just doesn't sit right. I know at the end he was off his nut on Sublime-crack-shit which is why he was so mental.

Maybe I need to read it all again with it in mind.

but I dont think it was the original plan of Morrison in the beginning of his run when he created Xorn.
if you read the annual in which they rescue Xorn from a Chinese prison, it seems impossible for that character who was creating a black hole by commiting suicide, and whom we saw without a mask and as a kid, to be Magneto.
Xorneto happened because Morrison changed his mind at some point. And I think the retcon wasn't that bad.

The pitch that Morrison made to Marvel kinda highlighted that he wanted to do a Magneto story from the beginning and parts of it were redacted when they released it in a trade before the reveal. So yes the Xorneto thing was there all along. He just hid it really well. The whole story about a star in his head was taken by a lot of readers as a metaphor for Magneto.

then his problem was not letting the artist (Leinil Yu iirc) know about it.
it just seems far fetched to me.
By Riot at the Mansion, it was obvious Xorn was evil, even Quentin Quire while dying says that, and he may have been killed by Xorn, and it kinda makes sense for that Xorn to be Magneto. But in the annual in which he is rescued from China, it doesnt make any sense for that character to be Magneto.

I think Xorn being evil, Xorn being a puppet of Sublime, and Xorn being the dealer of the Kick drug, were things planned from the start, but I am not sure on the Magneto part.

I also like the retcon, chinese omega level mutant who spent all his life in prison, xmen wrongly believed he could and had been rehabilitated after living through that hell, was a Magneto fanatic in secret, and lashed out.
Its almost the opposite of the classic xmen reformed villain story.

>then his problem was not letting the artist (Leinil Yu iirc) know about it.

We know he apparently had restricted communication with the artists. EVS has said a lot of Morrison's criticisms of his art for example on X-Men was kept from him by editorial.

"Distracting"
"Daddy era"

Jean so into old man cyclops. My fetish is here.

I mean, she wanted to fuck Old Scott during BendisĀ“run but Scott said no

Cable & X-Force is bland and inoffensive. I've also heard he's a good fit for his WWE comics.

At least ONE issue of Spider-Woman is a decent read.

But the rest of it is bad to worse. Mostly because he doesn't actually realize what he's doing. Like, he put made the relationship between Warren Worthington III and Laura Kinney emotionally abusive and had Warren feeling emasculated by her, while saying he was 'concerned' for the invulnerable girl and did not realize he did those things.

He also wrote a shitty self-insert OC and killed off other characters so more and more ladies could fawn over it.

How I wish i was kidding.

Came here just to see them retcon Scott/Emma, like people expected, and see the REEEEEEing, left disappointed.

I miss those creepy psychic girls.

His Inferno mini during Secret Wars was good dumb fun

And his Jean Grey stuff has been pretty damn solid. I don't know if you actually read the issue in this thread

Honestly, his bad reputation is almost completely on Avengers Arena, which while definitely not good, was not entirely his fault because he wanted to do it as as story arc while editorial demanded in become an entire series, and other than the death of Mettle it was inconsequential anyway.

The only other book I've really not liked was his run of All New X-Men. Again one that doing do any damage to anyone really but he just didn't have a handle on the voices of a bunch of characters. Pretty bad Laura compared to ANW, etc.

"Criticism" like "his art is shit" or "he isn't displaying the story right"?

Yeah, people give him unending shit for Avengers Arena as if he called off all these beloved characters but, outside of Mettle, almost everyone he killed was an OC he himself made. Of the TWO non-OCs he killed, one was an ambiguous unconfirmed death that anyone could undo and the other was pretty much a literally who that would have festered in limbo for all of eternity had he not used him in AA.

He isn't displaying the story right. We Saw Xorns face without the mask a lot, and we saw him do things with his powers Magneto can't do.
Morrison should have told Yu to never show his face and to never make him do unMagneto things.

I also remember Xorn resurrecting a bird in another issue.

See, I knew there was "Magneto couldn't do that" things but couldn't recall if I was miss-remembering as everyone is so adamant: "XORN IS MAGNETO".

Glad I'm not totally out of my mind.

user, everyone would have preferred these two guys to stay in limbo forever than to get killed off like they did.